Anyone else HATE how calories are red when barely over?!

lol like today I'm 53 calories over and I know it's not that bad but the redness of my remaining calories is pissing me off :P I think there should be a yellow option for when your less than like 100 calories over lmao. & that is the end of my complaining :)

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    just jump rope or run in place and it will be normal again.......
  • internal_monsters
    internal_monsters Posts: 17 Member
    LOL good point
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    It also turns red when you are at 0 calories left for the day. That really annoys me. It doesn't happen very often that I hit my calorie goal right on the number, but when I do it should not be red! lol
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    If I walk to my car I add it and hit the green again... many 2 min cardio walks in my day
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Nope, It doesn't bother me at all. Mine are set too low so I'm used to seeing red:)
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    It's really annoying that it's red when you're at 0. Like Dude i didn't go over I met my Macros' f off MFP
  • I know what you mean. What I hate is when I go over a little on carbs, but when I minus the fiber then I am really not over.
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    I know what you mean. What I hate is when I go over a little on carbs, but when I minus the fiber then I am really not over.

I have issues with that too. My protein is often way over my carb, but that makes me feel more full and I'm still under calories but I HATE seeing that red!
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    *Waits for someone color blind to step in* Lol! I don't go over I try to make sure I'm at least 1cal under and as close to my NET as possible. On occasion I cheat and roll over food that I eat at 10pm to the next day. I guess its not really *cheating* per say since it's still being logged and fat cells don't wear watches.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    It also turns red when you are at 0 calories left for the day. That really annoys me. It doesn't happen very often that I hit my calorie goal right on the number, but when I do it should not be red! lol
    Haha, I agree, I'm really proud to hit 0 exactly and seeing the red color just isn't very satisfying at all!

The yellow color in the 100 calorie range would be awesome!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    It bothers me some, but then... Stepping back and looking at the big picture helps reframe things...I could manipulate numbers so that number isn't red (like add in little bursts of exercise I didn't record), but I've decided it really doesn't matter so much when I mentally reframe things and I don't have to mess with the numbers on MFP.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    It doesn't bother me much. I don't eat the calories it suggests for me. It suggests 1400 and I eat 1500 so I am always in the red on days I don't exercise
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    It doesn't bother me much. I don't eat the calories it suggests for me. It suggests 1400 and I eat 1500 so I am always in the red on days I don't exercise

You can manual change the settings. The cookie cutter settings are terrible.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Thanks, I just changed it. Though it was sometimes nice thinking 'ok I have 200 calories left... no wait, I actually have 300 calories left!' haha

Btw, I would never add little 'exercises' on like walking to the car or running on the spot for 5 minutes. To me those short little, shouldn't even break a sweat in the slightest or feel at all winded, are just included in your everyday calories, not exercise calories. I don't include my horse back riding (including walking out to his pasture to get him, walking him back, brushing him, picking his feet, tacking him up, actually riding him, untacking him, picking his feet, brushing him, walking him back out to pasture, then back to my car. Nor do I count going up and down the stairs to get to and out of my apartment (6 flights). Unless it's purposefully exercise or a LOT more than I do in a normal day, I don't count it.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    It does bother me, and I HATE that it bothers me at all. No one is going to get scolded for being 38 calories over goal.

I sometimes add my PT job as exercise, because I only work it 1-3 times per week, and it's very hustle and bustle compared to the days that I don't work. I also get to eat delicious food working, so it's only right that I earn my meals with exercise too :D
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    ^^^
    Yes, it bothers me. And it bothers me that it bothers me. Then again, it's not just here. At work I have a task bar. I can be assigned tasks from others and there is an option for urgent which shows up with a red ! It drives me insane to see the red ! when the task is nothing close to urgent (some people send every task with it) especially when I can't compete the task right away. Agitates me every time I see my task bar. Lol. I know, I'm nuts.

I like the idea of a "grace" allowance, like a yellow like someone suggested above. I even considered suggesting it.
  • Red or or green 100, 200 over under I dont care as long as I continue to lose monthly
    Now if my bank balance is in the red thats a problem
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I hadn't really taken offense to the color, but if you think about it, it should be red when we are UNDER eating our calories, right? The warning should come if we are not eating enough calories....off to change my settings..
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    I think purple is a much prettier color.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    I think purple is a much prettier color.

I prefer magenta but I think that is the same thing