New Rules of Lifting for Women

2»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I'm doing Stronglifts, not NROLW, but I aim for 2300 calories a day. I fall a little short on weekdays, but I don't log on weekends and make up for any deficit I have during the week then. :wink:

My advice would be to add just a little bit more to each meal and snack. If you add 100 calories to each meal and a between meal snack, that's an extra 600 calories a day. Check your food diary and see where you're low. If it's fats, think cheese, avocado, peanut butter, olive oil, milk, chocolate milk, nuts. If it's protein, add more lean meat to your meals... aim for 6 oz of chicken or fish instead of 4, or protein shakes or bars. If it's carbs... add whatever you want.
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Anyone strength training or who is sick of starving themselves at 1200 cals, check out the group Eat More to Weigh Less. I started eating more and lost 10 lbs. Not too good to be true. Now I can properly fuel my lifting and not waste all my time in the gym.
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Anyone strength training or who is sick of starving themselves at 1200 cals, check out the group Eat More to Weigh Less. I started eating more and lost 10 lbs. Not too good to be true. Now I can properly fuel my lifting and not waste all my time in the gym.

This!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    I've been having a mocha protein latte with my breakfast lately. Mix 1/2 c of milk with a scoop of chocolate protein powder, blend and add to 6 oz of coffee (use a large mug!), and microwave one minute. Some of my friends have been doing this, and I finally tried it. It's really good! You can also do it with chai tea. I just bought vanilla protein powder to try this with. I'm also doing NROLFW. My diary is open if you want to look.