Protein powders that can be mixed in water?

Options

Replies

• campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    MRM Whey Protein
    Sweetened with Stevia.
  • koltonb
    Options
    ON Gold standard whey, extreme milk chocolate. tastes good and dissolves really good.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    i think most mix better in water than milk

most all taste better in milk though...especially chocolates.

Yep, agree...with both the above...I live in the UK and use the matrix protein lines, they are very good (taste wise and mix wise and good value) I get the 5kg tubs...
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    ON Casein is the only one I really like in water. Muscle milk is also pretty good, but that's more of a meal replacement than a powder.

The chocolate is very good.
    I was rather leaning toward ON's whey because its supposed to be more beneficial for women looking to build muscle but Im might just have to try casein!

Protein is important for muscle growth/maintenance but it can come from any source - you only need to use protein powder if you are not getting enough from food. Also, there is no difference in gender in relation to muscle growth (well, apart from the fact that it is harder for us).

Lies!

isofemme_smoothie.png
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    ON Casein is the only one I really like in water. Muscle milk is also pretty good, but that's more of a meal replacement than a powder.

I was rather leaning toward ON's whey because its supposed to be more beneficial for women looking to build muscle but Im might just have to try casein!

Protein is important for muscle growth/maintenance but it can come from any source - you only need to use protein powder if you are not getting enough from food. Also, there is no difference in gender in relation to muscle growth (well, apart from the fact that it is harder for us).
    I have to read up a bit more to be entirely confident about this but I know that it is almost impossible for me to reach my protein goals while staying under my calorie limit, so I try to supplement with low-calorie protein shakes.
  • allegram
    Options
    The kind I use (Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey) says to mix with water, but I think it's disgusting that way. I can't drink it.

I use unsweetened original almond milk. It's only 30 calories a cup, and I don't drink a whole cup with my shake. Very few calories to sacrifice for a much better tasting product.
    I've tried the unsweetened alone and no one in the house liked it. Maybe I'll have to buy a carton solely for making shakes! Thanks!
  • allegram
    Options
    I have Optimum Nutrition also. Chocolate, Cake Batter, Strawberry Banana and the Chocolate Casin are all good and mix well in water.

I order from www.bodybuilding.com. GREAT SITE!
    I'm rather partial to cookies n' cream MMM!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

I have to read up a bit more to be entirely confident about this but I know that it is almost impossible for me to reach my protein goals while staying under my calorie limit, so I try to supplement with low-calorie protein shakes.

It really shouldn't be that hard, perhaps proteins too high or calories are too low?
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 since i dont like the taste of protein powders. You just have to get the mixture the way you like it. Better with a blender and a banana though!
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This is the one I use which is great mixed with water.

http://www.educohealth.com/index.php?q=home/protein-range
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

If you are exercising, try to go for 1g of protein per lb of LBM. I supplement sometimes also. I like the Trutein for Chocolate flavor.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Take a look at ViSalus. It's only 90 calories and 12g of protein, and mixes with water. Message me if you want to know more about it.

Around here, we use the 40 calorie Almond milk. It has +50% more calcium than regular milk and about -50% calories. For women, who are automatically at risk for osteoporosis just from being women, the extra calcium is a bonus.

Lolololol
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I drink Body Fortress Optimum Whey Protein Powder. The chocolate is fantastic with water, the vanilla is okay, better with a milk choice though. The chocolate peanut butter is good also. Good luck :)
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    pure protein, muscle milk, and manna all mix very well with water...and they are all delish!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Take a look at ViSalus. It's only 90 calories and 12g of protein, and mixes with water. Message me if you want to know more about it.

Around here, we use the 40 calorie Almond milk. It has +50% more calcium than regular milk and about -50% calories. For women, who are automatically at risk for osteoporosis just from being women, the extra calcium is a bonus.

Most protein powders have about 24g of protein for about 120 calories. Much better protein g for the cals.
  • jazzguy4him
    jazzguy4him Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I freeze unsweetened almond milk into ice cubes and blend my protein with that and a little water. Works great for a nice consistency. More water for thinner, less for thicker.

I use MuscleTech Elite Plus protein - 140 calories/30g protein per scoop.
  • IronSmasher
    Options

I'd like to know how a product like that survives in such a competitive market.
  • jmiltenberger
    Options
    Interesting to know, sara! Thanks for that info!

Well, 180cal for 24g isn't too out of line then, if they average about 120.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    Interesting to know, sara! Thanks for that info!

Well, 180cal for 24g isn't too out of line then, if they average about 120.

I usually look for 20g per 100kcal, which is inline with Sarauk's 0.2g per kcal.

Yours is 1.3g per kcal, which I couldn't do worse than if I bought the cheapest product I could find in my local supermarkets.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Syntha 6 chocolate & vanilla both taste good in water, and Labrada's Pro 8 vanilla tastes great in water, milk, coconut milk, what ever!