Getting cash out of the ATM...

Options

Replies

• willwillywilson
    Options
    Almost never carry cash. It's 2012. If a place doesn't take Credit/Debit they're a joke and I'm not giving them my business.
  • J_Kohler_2
    J_Kohler_2 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i usually take out $500 on Fridays at 1:30pm Eastern Time. I do this at the work ATM at 123 Merrifield Plaza on the first floor in Franklinsberg, VA. I always wear my maroon hoodie. I am 5'6" tall and am balding . I also do not carry a firearm.

lol
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i get all my cash out i hate the bank hanging on to my moneys........ take a few dollars fro myself and then bury the rest:wink:
  • angelicarubi
    angelicarubi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I try to take out most of my money and only leave enough for online bills. I put half my money in a sock and use the rest for groceries etc. I do not like to use cards at all.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    We almost never use the ATM, maybe twice a year? We take our spending money, grocery money and miscellaneous monies out on paydays.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I typically like to buy things with pennies. Unfortunately, the ATM does not have this option.
  • skinnynerd
    Options
    I thought this was about logging the calorie burn from taking out cash...

15 calories burned per transaction unless the person behind me honks the horn. I take longer then. Usually 100 calories burned.
    :bigsmile:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Usually $200, and that will last me about 3 weeks.

Plus, I don't spend any $5 bills. If I get any in change, they go into my vacation jar. It adds up quick!
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    200-300, it varies on how fast it goes...
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Plus, I don't spend any $5 bills. If I get any in change, they go into my vacation jar. It adds up quick!

I do that with all silver change and singles. It does add up quickly!

I take out $180 every two weeks. It must cover groceries and anything fun I might want to do.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I typically like to buy things with pennies. Unfortunately, the ATM does not have this option.

I always get stuck behind you at the checkout line!!!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    At the bar usually 100. I do this at least 5 times a night.

And where is this bar and what time do you get there??? :drinker:
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    people still use cash?
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options

I always get stuck behind you at the checkout line!!!

That's right. Because I don't roll my change. I carry a big bag and like to slide each penny, one by one, to the cashier. It's awesome.
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Almost always hit it for $40.:happy:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I either use debit or credit cards to pay for things, once in a blue moon i will take cash out or get cash back on my purchases if the kids need money for pizza or sub day at school. Otherwise i NEVER have cash on me.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    They still have ATMs? Dang, when I need cash (A very rare occasion), I usually just get some cash back with my groceries.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    All I have in there, minus bill money. SO about $700-$800 a week. I only go once. For the next few weeks though it's all over the place cause I got my compensation money so I'm taking out thousand at a time.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks I take out $200.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Always do $80. Don't know why!