Will my breast cup size get smaller if i lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Not necessarily. I've lost 41lbs in three months and I'm still a 34Dspillover. It varies from person to person.
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs and well lets just say... In the future I will be getting a boob job... I am not liking what I was left with... So yeah you will lose there, probably first... :( hang in there its worth being healthy but that is one of the not so nice things that happens..
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm 134 lbs and a C cup at this moment and i want to lose 19 pounds.. will my breast get smaller? is there anything to prevent that from happening? because i'm very happy with my breast size and i want to keep it that way :))

There is no way to know. I have actually went up a cup size and down two band sizes since losing 50 pounds. Also, my waist to hip ratio got smaller. I think it helps to do strength training, but it mostly comes down to genetics.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    ...Plus in the end they'll probably wind up looking bigger, once my stomach doesn't stick out, they will be the main attraction. :laugh:

^^^ This too! :laugh:

At my starting weight, you would NOT have known that I was a DD because you couldn't tell where my boobs ended and my belly began! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Once I hit about 40 pounds lost, about four inches or so off my waist, you could actually start to see my waistline again, and for the first time in years, my boobs stuck out farther than my stomach.
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    most likely yes but everyone is different

i lost 100lbs and didin't drop a cup size then out of the blue my last 10lbs i have dropped i dropped a cup size finally! i am very happy dropping down one cup size:)

some drop a lot of cup sizes and some don't drop any
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    25ish pounds down and mine are still the same. Mind you I didn't ever have much to begin with at 32B :sad: lol
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I have kept my boobs cup size as of now.. just the width around has changed for me.. 30 pounds down
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have lost 45-50ish pounds my band size went from a 38 to a 34 but my cup size went from a DDD to a G.. so I think it depends on the person.. Mine are still large and in charge.. sadly.... hahahaha
  • HarleyQJ
    Options
    It my depend on genetics but depending on how many pounds you are looking to lose you may definitely notice a drop in band size if not a cup size. At my heaviest (240lbs) I was wearing a size F cup. I am now 146lbs and wearing a 36D in most bras and oddly enough a 36DDD in one of my sports bras. Don't ask how that's possible because bra sizes are just weird. For me personally I think it's just because i have a lot of excess skin in the chest from such a drastic weight loss that depending on the style of the bra and how much skin it will contain is what helps me. But anywho to your original question yes you will drop a bit in the chest but how drastic of a drop will vary

I should add that for my though that at my heaviest I carried/carry more fat in my thighs (And chest) than in my belly. So that may have something to do with it too, where your body accumulates the fat and which part of the body it takes it from first.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    In my experience, I'd been a 34B since becoming an adolescent... and with the weight gain (+40 lbs) I went up to a 36C.
    So, as expected, I subsequently lost that added size and went back to being a 34B.

So far, I'm about six months in to maintenance and I have lately noticed that I'm measuring about 33 but I'm still filling that B cup.

That's just my experience! As depressing as it may sound to potentially lose some in the chest department, that's something that can be fixed with a high quality padded bra :)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 lbs and went from a DD to a B.

Super happy, btw.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have had a conversation with my doctor about this... it all depends on your genetics. If you're family is bigger in the chest area, chances are they might not go down too much. They can go down slightly, but again it depends on your family history. Hope this helps :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    yes. you can't control where you lose.

i lost a shoe size.

but if you do strength training that hits your upper body, you can firm them up.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    yes. you can't control where you lose.

i lost a shoe size.

but if you do strength training that hits your upper body, you can firm them up.
    ^Bingo on the last part.

However, if you have a larger chest due to genetics, it's very likey that with only 19 lbs to lose, you might not be carrying any extra weight in your breasts. I'm a natural C/D (as in, after I finished puberty they were a C. I was at a healthy weight at the time), so my chest size stopped shrinking once I came back into a healthy weight range. I've lost 20 pounds since then, and the only thing that has gotten smaller is my band size.

It all depends on genetics. If you're naturally smaller, then yes, they'll go down. If not, it's likely that only the band will go down, not the cup size.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 30 pounds. Was 165, now less than 135. I tried on a bra today that is 36D. Stil looked silly. I am 52. My age may have something to do with it. There are no muscles in boobs. Do what you can. I had boobs that would launch a thousand ships. Now, I have boobs that could sink a thousand ships.My husband closes his eyes and compliments me. He is a wonderful man.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Mine didn't get much smaller. It all depends if your breast are just fat or actual breast tissue.
  • candace13
    Options
    Hi I went from a 16 E to a 14 DD after losing 20kg. So your cup size will drop, maybe only by a couple of cup sizes but im guessing it depends on how much weight you have lost
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    I didn't read all the posts, so sorry if someone else said something like this before, but mine stayed the same size relatively to my body. So if you like the way they look on your frame, with any luck you might not have smaller cups relative to your size after you lose some weight. Everyone is different though.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you're SOL. If you lose fat from your body, it will take it from anywhere, and unfortunately almost ALL women's bodies will take at least some of it from the chest. To those women who keep full perky boobs after losing a ton of weight: you suck. Come let me slap you.
  • etynda6116
    Options
    Okay so I have seen a lot of people say its genetics I have to disagree. I'm three sizes bigger than my mom, always have been. When I lose weight I went from a 36D to a 34D. Still losing weight but not expecting it to go down any more. :-)