is it really an eating disorder

Options
13»

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    the new DSM has defined binge eating as an official psychiatric disorder do you agree or disagree?

Everything is a disorder so I don't have to be responsible for my actions. We used to call it excuses.

Let's all be glad you're not qualified to make that call for other people.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I would think so...
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    the new DSM has defined binge eating as an official psychiatric disorder do you agree or disagree?

just to add...I work in the mental health field as a biller and it is a recognized psychiatric disorder and treatment is covered by most insurances because of this...
    I find this rather fascinating. Someone I know recently started a med her doc said might help with overeating, especially since she exhibited other obsessive compulsive behaviors. I'm starting to wonder if I should look into this as her story could be mine. I hate feeling completely out of control when the binges happen and it's like I can't stop until I eat the list of everything in my head at the time.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options

Everything is a disorder so I don't have to be responsible for my actions. We used to call it excuses.

There are ways to say that you don't think it's an eating disorder without sounding insensitive and devaluing the experiences of thousands of people who struggle with BED... this is not one of them.

Isn't it nice when someone who lacks both empathy and the slightest fracking idea what they're talking about butts in?