Beer Lovers Unite

Options

Replies

• cgomez82
    Options
    I'm a homebrewer. Homebrewing + Keto is heartbreaking but I'm pushing on. I also live in the craft brew capital, San Diego.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    in a desperate attempt to drink beer without killing calories i shamefully walked out of my local safeway carrying... bud light platinum... oh the shame! i still can't look myself in the eyes...

oh how i long for some Pikes Brewery Monks Uncle, or maybe some Full Sail Wassail!

OR (and i can't believe no one has mentioned it yet) a glorious amazing most delicious ...
    IRON HORSE BREWERY IRISH DEATH!
    omg, irish death, best beer ever....

but for now. me and my beer baby (my ladies version of a beer belly) will plug our nose, close our eyes and sip on ... bud light... *blurge* blech*gag* :sad:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I had the blueberry beer... Blue brew? Something like that. It was yummy!
  • jillleanne
    jillleanne Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Love beer!! It is definitely my (alcoholic) drink of choice. Usually I go for Alexander Keiths. Yuuuum
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    About to crack open an Innis & Gunn Winter Treacle Porter.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My bf works at a brewery. Yay me!!! I love beer, typically ambers, but really anything. Current favorite is by a local brewery, Iron Horse, the beer is called Irish Death. Also love 90 Shillings. Mmmm Mmmmm beer.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    in a desperate attempt to drink beer without killing calories i shamefully walked out of my local safeway carrying... bud light platinum... oh the shame! i still can't look myself in the eyes...

oh how i long for some Pikes Brewery Monks Uncle, or maybe some Full Sail Wassail!

OR (and i can't believe no one has mentioned it yet) a glorious amazing most delicious ...
    IRON HORSE BREWERY IRISH DEATH!
    omg, irish death, best beer ever....

but for now. me and my beer baby (my ladies version of a beer belly) will plug our nose, close our eyes and sip on ... bud light... *blurge* blech*gag* :sad:

OMG I posted but didn't read all the comments. Yay for Irish Death!!
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Red Stripe - all.the.way.
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Love to drink beer...and a lot of it...due to working 2nd shift, I dont drink during the week much if at all...but Saturdays from noon till whenever ill polish a lot off...Some times I dont log food that day so people cant say OMG...Love a good micro brew..

Give me any Belgian Wheat beer, im satisfied....

Favorites Magic hat #9 or Blue Moon
  • jumbles15
    Options
    I hear everyone on the LOVE of good beer. Ran for 62 minutes this morning. Now enjoying Sam Adams "Merry Mischief" which is sold in bottles that are 1pt PLUS 6oz. thirsty much?
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    OK beer lovers, enjoy this with me...

photo.jpg

This is a bottle of Fuller's Vintage 2002 (Golden Jubilee) - it had been laid down for 10 years now!

Sipping it tonight (355cal/pint!) it is rich with treacle/molasses flavour and fruity notes of plum. It has a heavy mouth feel and at at least 8.5% it hits home!

I have bottles from 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007 waiting :smile:
  • Chinadorian
    Chinadorian Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Mmm. Good beer! I love going to local breweries and always opt for craft brew. If I had to chose between any of the light beers, or any beer distributed by one of the 3 main distributors I would choose water. My boyfriend and I also brew our own. The beers we brew are better than any beer I've ever tasted. Yeah it's probably because we brewed it, but still! There's a great documentary called Beer Wars. The owner/founder of Dog Fish Head, Sam, is in the documentary a lot. If you love local craft brew, you'll love this documentary.

I've been really enjoying the Brooklyn Ale's beer this year. Their IPA and Pennant Ale throughout the summer and now their Amber and Nut Brown for the winter.

To the OP, I haven't figured out a way yet to make beer fit into my daily limit. At 200 something calories/ bottle after drinking 2-3 beers that's a load of my days calories. I'd rather just limit it throughout the week and drink what I want when I do drink. To the person who bought Bud Light to save calories. :( I'm crying with you.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I have a Lambic fetish. The Lindemens Peche is a fave of mine. As is 21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon Wheat Beer. Mmm.
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Oh man i use to drink Budweiser and yingling and many more beers. Have not since i started eating healthy i figured why drink all that beer like u use to if ur trying to get abs? That is not going to work ur going to get a beer belly at this rate lol and i didnt want such thing so i slowed down and eventually stopped. I am not 21 yet though so by then i will have the body i have always wanted maybe better and i may have a few beers at a bar by then..... but no more binge drinking for me. I do miss Budweiser though <3

We were talking about beer :) I think you have the wrong thread.

But... But.... What about my miller lite? and my woodchuck cider? and my mike's hard? and my smirinoff ice?
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Any other home brewers here?

I home brew!
  • lc52820
    lc52820 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Typically whenever I have a day where I have extra calories leftover, I'd rather have a beer than something sweet :smile:

I like trying new ones all the time...whatever sounds interesting. I like hefeweizens, ales, & ciders a lot. As far as favorite brands go Dogfish Head usually does not disappoint, Ommegang, Bells, Shiner, Breckenridge, Troegs are all pretty awesome.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Love Sierra Nevada. Everything in moderation. :smile:
  • Latona38
    Latona38 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love dark beer. Last night I tried double chocolate and it's my new favorite!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Love my Kona Brewing Company Pipeline Porter, at just under 200 calories.