Why women won't date old guys?

Options

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Mine is 5 years older than I am... I'm 30, he's 35...

But the young ones love me LOL
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My husband is 27 years older than me.
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    Fortunately women do date old guys all the time; If they didn't I'd never get laid!!!!

Have you seen what women my age look like? In a 'real' city it wouldn't be an issue, but in a smaller college town the women my age have kids and look like horrible train wrecks.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    They have to be 10-15yrs older than me.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    They have to be 10-15yrs older than me.

nice zelda ticker...
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Age should not be as important as having the same sets of values. I've met some very mature women who are 15 years younger than me and I've also met some women my age or older who still stay out late and try to "drink everyone under the table." There's an old saying... "You're young only once but can be immature your entire life."
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My husband is 17 years older than me. We get along great, he has been by my side through my darkest days and through my best days. We share the same values and outlook on life and truly enjoy each other, as friends, lovers and partners.

I'll agree that it's not for everyone, and there are moments when our age difference becomes clear (like when he remembers things that happened when he was a kid and before I was born :grumble: ), but really, it's a non-issue. Our families love us, they love our relationship (even his kids), and we really truly mesh together. We've gone through tests that doom most relationships (anyone who has gone through cancer treatment or had their spouse go through it can agree), and come out stronger than ever.

So that's my 2 cents. I never considered age to be a reason to not date someone, unless it was someone under age. lol.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    My SO is 34 and I'm 27. So yea.....
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Because I hate planning funerals.
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    Because old guys use the hair dryer at the gym to dry their balls.

Ha!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Because I hate planning funerals.

You know why men die before their wives?

Because they want to.
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have dated men older than me, and younger than me. It doesn't matter, what does matter is their maturity level and where they are at in life. Either way, I want a man that looks similar to me in age - I don't want a baby face or an old grizzled guy! My current boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years, and he is 6 years younger than me. (We were both in our 20's when we met). But my son's father was 10 years older than me. He still looks great, although we split up soon after he was born. I just fall for the man, work out the details later, lol. I have a physical type I like, and a few standards I like to keep to, after much trial and error, but stuff like age, etc, aren't the first thing I look for.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Because I wouldn't want to be young and outgoing still, and be dating someone who was thinking about retirement! They'd be at a completely different stage in their life and IMO we'd have nothing in common.

That said, I would date an old(er) guy, and actually prefer a guy who's older than me. I'm 22 and (if I was single of course!) would be open to dating a guy up to 10-15 years older, probably not more than that though.

My boyfriend is 26, I'm 22.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    My husband is 14 years older than me. When we met I was looking for an older man because guys my age wanted marriage and babies.. those days were over for me. This works for me because I will be able to retire early even though he probably will have to work late into his 60's. But he's a smoker, so at least I'll be young enough to enjoy the life insurance!

:) I do love him though!
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 43 and get hit on all the time by young attractive women, Maybe it's because I "WORK", am mature, disciplined and don't stay up all night playing video games, Could be because I have my bills paid, a reliable career, funds and transportation! If that's old I'll take it all day long!

Oh and by the way us old guys "have been around the block" so to speak whereas we've developed a little self restraint and don't get so excited we burst immediately in the "sack" Makes for a much more prolonged and enjoyable experienced, so I'm told!

So enjoy that youth!

Like wine and whiskey things get's better with age!
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 43 and get hit on all the time by young attractive women, Maybe it's because I "WORK", am mature, disciplined and don't stay up all night playing video games, Could be because I have my bills paid, a reliable career, funds and transportation! If that's old I'll take it all day long!

Oh and by the way us old guys "have been around the block" so to speak whereas we've developed a little self restraint and don't get so excited we burst immediately in the "sack" Makes for a much more prolonged and enjoyable experienced, so I'm told!

So enjoy that youth!

Like wine and whiskey things get's better with age!

Sigh...I just stalked your page...lol
  • nenacakesxo
    nenacakesxo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I only date older guys but my cut off age is 26/27.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Because my husband told me I'm not allowed to date. :bigsmile:
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    oh, more generalizations about women. super fun.
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    They do! I love older guys! Young guys do absolutely nothing for me.

There is a big difference in older and old.

PRECISELY!!!