Are you KIDDING me???....

bcf7683
bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
So this morning at the gym I'm on the elliptical doing my normal 5 min. warm up before I lift. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then, someone taps me on the shoulder. I take out my headphones and turn around to see who it is and what they want. Two older women are standing behind me, and one says "Would you mind going to another machine please? This is my elliptical." :noway: WHAT?.....Okay, I've seen these two women here before, they're ALWAYS side by side on the ellipticals yacking away as they work out-- whatever, go for it. But there were about 7 other ellipticals open, all of which were side by side. But apparently I was on HER machine. I must have missed the name tag somewhere........? I said "I only have about 2 more minutes then you can have it, I'm just doing a warm-up." That wasn't good enough apparently, so she answered "Well I'm on a tight schedule every morning, I have 30 minutes to work out, I have to be at work today." I didn't care to answer...............So they both stood there and actually waited until I was done and got on THAT machine and said to her friend "Well looks like I won't be getting my FULL 30 minutes this morning."

The stupidity of the people in this world never stops amazing me.

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    super-cool-story-bro.png
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Should've just carried on going until she got the hint.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    This isn't the first time you've complained about your gym.

May I make a suggestion? Find a new one.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    I would have extended my 5 minute warm up to a 29 minute work out.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Yep, she was rude. I probably would have ignored her.
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    LOl wow... I had a guy do that with weights. He wasn't using the machine so I jumped on. He said I was using that and I said you weren't on it when I got here. His friends laughed since I was not going to back down. I stayed and finished by the end of my workout he was trying to be really friendly with me. He even offered to show me how to use different machines. Ummmm no thanks I know how to use them was my reply.

@.
  • I think I mighta just stayed on that elliptical for another 15-20 mins....and I hate cardio.
  • bcf7683

Stuck in a year membership. If I could I would.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member

Maybe im a ***** too.. but i would have absolutly done this also. LMAO!
  • bcf7683

I thought about it for a few seconds. But I despise ellipticals for anything other than a warm-up. If it was a treadmill, I totally would've.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member

Yea.
    This.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Totally agree.
    I'm glad you didn't jump off and let her have it immediately though. She needs to learn.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    stick up for yourself :)
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member

Wait, you calling me a *****???

Yea, that's about right. :laugh:
  • It actually sounds like that really happened.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member

I am not a b*tch at all. But I would have stayed on that baby for an hour! Middle fingers extended.
  • bcf7683
    HA... glad I'm not the only one.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    So this morning at the gym I'm on the elliptical doing my normal 5 min. warm up before I lift. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then, someone taps me on the shoulder. I take out my headphones and turn around to see who it is and what they want. Two older women are standing behind me, and one says "Would you mind going to another machine please? This is my elliptical." :noway: WHAT?.....Okay, I've seen these two women here before, they're ALWAYS side by side on the ellipticals yacking away as they work out-- whatever, go for it. But there were about 7 other ellipticals open, all of which were side by side. But apparently I was on HER machine. I must have missed the name tag somewhere........? I said "I only have about 2 more minutes then you can have it, I'm just doing a warm-up." That wasn't good enough apparently, so she answered "Well I'm on a tight schedule every morning, I have 30 minutes to work out, I have to be at work today." I didn't care to answer...............So they both stood there and actually waited until I was done and got on THAT machine and said to her friend "Well looks like I won't be getting my FULL 30 minutes this morning."

The stupidity of the people in this world never stops amazing me.

what a jerk. i'd just tell her there are other machines and she can either find another one or wait the 2 minutes and have her workout cut short, her choice. or give her the bird and then say "there are 7 other machines, deal with it"
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I think I mighta just stayed on that elliptical for another 15-20 mins...

You and I think alike.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member

I am not a b*tch at all. But I would have stayed on that baby for an hour! Middle fingers extended.

You know what. Eff that. I would have gotten a sharpie from the front desk, and written MY name on the damn thing.