Are you KIDDING me???....

Replies

• downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    You should have come to a complete stop. Not said a word but stayed on the machine. Then stared at her until she went away.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Important Note: Attempting to Gangnam Style while on an elliptical burns 3.4 x more calories and engages the core while working the biceps and triceps.

tumblr_mabou79THM1rbonrno1_400.gif
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Hilariously ignorant! Maybe they are gypsies and will put a voodoo curse on you. You could make them nuts and use that machine regularly, ask gym management to speak to them, or corner them in the locker room and talk it out. Personally, exercise time is supposed to be a stress buster, so i'd just avoid them.
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    That's crazy. I hate how people think they just have claim on whatever, obviously you were there first. Unless she bought THAT elliptical and signed it I wouldn't have moved either. I would have just said, "sorry but I am in the middle of my workout and there are plenty of other elliptical's. And then worked out for longer despite hating them (although I love them) She just didn't really want to work out IMHO and use you being on "her" machine as an excuse.
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    I would have stayed on totally smiling at her the same time.. Actually I don't have a very good temper, I probably would have got myself kicked out... But hey, no more stuck in a membership! You handled it well! Better than I would have for sure!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    I don't like to take the crazies head on or something like this might happen:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25890-1354830891-9.gif

BUT if that woman gave me too much grief, I would've taken my shirt off, wiped down my crotch area and then squeezed the sweat out onto the display panel and handle bars. Or whatever else I could do to mark my territory.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I would do what my siblings do to ensure they get the last piece of cake. Sneeze on it.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    something similar happened to me last night. I hopped on an empty machine only to have a guy come running over to tell me he was using it and only had a few more reps to go. Apparently he was going back and forth between machines...I should be psychic I guess. Yeah I let him have it ...the machine that is. :grumble:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    I would do what my siblings do to ensure they get the last piece of cake. Sneeze on it.

YES.

Or pretend to wipe your nose on your sleeve/hand and lean on the machine.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    I would've stayed on longer.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    What is she going to do in Jan after all the Newbies are there... and she can not only not get on HER Elliptical... but ANY elliptical?
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    I think I mighta just stayed on that elliptical for another 15-20 mins....and I hate cardio.

yeah that, maybe even ran on it for a good hour until I'm dripping sweat all over it to mark my territory. peeing on it is a quicker way to mark it but that frowned upon outside the animal kingdom
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    This happened to me once. And I'm at a big gym there's always open machines. I told the lady that there were other machines open but I'm in the middle of my workout and didn't want to let my heart rate drop during the switch. She argued so I told her if she had a problem she can go find a manager and see what they say about it and I put my headphones back on. She was pissed. But it's not like there were no machines. There were plenty available.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    I don't like to take the crazies head on or something like this might happen:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25890-1354830891-9.gif

BUT if that woman gave me too much grief, I would've taken my shirt off, wiped down my crotch area and then squeezed the sweat out onto the display panel and handle bars. Or whatever else I could do to mark my territory.

DAMN France, you scary!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Some people have no commonsense OR gym etiquette!! Don't you wish you could just slap them!
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Important Note: Attempting to Gangnam Style while on an elliptical burns 3.4 x more calories and engages the core while working the biceps and triceps.

I think this would have been the best response, whilst staring at the b****.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Next time that happens slow that thing down to barely registering movement and stay on it till she starts screaming....just for fun
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    What is she going to do in Jan after all the Newbies are there... and she can not only not get on HER Elliptical... but ANY elliptical?

HAHAHA.... I actually thought about that.
  • Important Note: Attempting to Gangnam Style while on an elliptical burns 3.4 x more calories and engages the core while working the biceps and triceps.

This made my day lmao
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Should've just punched her in the boob.