Intimacy as exercise

Options
Have you ever worn a heart rate monitor during S E x to see how many calories you burn? I mean unless you are doin some super crazy freaky stuff, can someone really burn alot of calories doing this "exercise?" i looked it up on a website someone else posted on here, and it said based on my weight for a 20 min session id burn 100 calories. Realist? like i mean, unless u are doing some major squats, or moving ur hips at a max speed, or major push up positions etcc i just dont think id burn 100 cals doing sex. what do u think?

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Done.

Painting_with_paintballs.gif
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I've actually tested this quite thoroughly and I can tell you that I burn roughly 684 calories per hour doing you-know-what.

So per session that equals approximately 13 calories.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I've actually tested this quite thoroughly and I can tell you that I burn roughly 684 calories per hour doing you-know-what.

:laugh:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Braggart
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

Braggart

you're only allowed to say that after you consult your own studies and post how much you burn....

so?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options

You win. :laugh:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

so biased on my weight and the longer duration, that would be a lot more burned right? like 14
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have worn a heart rate monitor before. :)

Was about 100 calories for 18 minutes. I dont think you can extrapolate that for "per hour" cuz there is no way in hell that intensity is going for an hour. Sorry ladies. :)

I also think it would be different for a guy then it would be a girl and would depend on positions utilized. I would say that most of the time the guy burns more.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

so how YOU doing...
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    The number I go with is from Livestrong - 132 an hour for vigorous activity. If I work every muscle in my body for it, I'll log it.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

hahahahaha.. that was amazing
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    when you've blasted the heat to 85 degrees because you're cold and you're moving like the pool scene in show girls..you are burning TONS of calories ;)
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I also think it would be different for a guy then it would be a girl and would depend on positions utilized. I would say that most of the time the guy burns more.

:laugh:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

so how YOU doing...

*wink*
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I have worked out to burn 100 calories and after sex I must say I feel way more tired and sweaty then when I worked 100cals at the gym so I think it is more.

From another thread http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc this site says how much you burn counting time and your weight.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    If I get a heart rate monitor for Christmas, I'm planning to wear it during sex. Because I'm also curious. I say figure out an average calorie burn and log it if you're on top, lol.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'd say a lot of that depends whether you're the one doing most of the work or not. When I'm on top, I'm definitely doing a lot more work. I don't log it, though. ;)
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    when you've blasted the heat to 85 degrees because you're cold and you're moving like the pool scene in show girls..you are burning TONS of calories ;)

excuse me . . . I'm gonna need a moment. *fans self*
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Haha!

I feel like that's just extra and don't log. But everyone's different.