Intimacy as exercise

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Sidesteel, this was one of your finer moments, love.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I have worn a heart rate monitor before. :)

Was about 100 calories for 18 minutes. I dont think you can extrapolate that for "per hour" cuz there is no way in hell that intensity is going for an hour. Sorry ladies. :)

I also think it would be different for a guy then it would be a girl and would depend on positions utilized. I would say that most of the time the guy burns more.

Speak for yourself, I like doing all the work :smokin:
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    If you are not doing it enough for it to just count as "daily activity", then you aren't doing it right and calories burned are the least of your troubles............
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Hey baby, how would you like to burn 13 calories with me?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I've actually tested this quite thoroughly and I can tell you that I burn roughly 684 calories per hour doing you-know-what.

So per session that equals approximately 13 calories.

so how YOU doing...

*wink*

Hahaha..Sorry couldn't resist >,<
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I have worn a heart rate monitor before. :)

Was about 100 calories for 18 minutes. I dont think you can extrapolate that for "per hour" cuz there is no way in hell that intensity is going for an hour. Sorry ladies. :)

I also think it would be different for a guy then it would be a girl and would depend on positions utilized. I would say that most of the time the guy burns more.

Speak for yourself, I like doing all the work :smokin:

I^^ amen to that one, you look tired let me take the reigns ;-)
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    My calories burned often cancel out during sessy time since my husband wears this mask as part of our ritual and we eat it afterwards. Makes things interesting.

401668_428595447194104_111398085_n.png
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Ya know what I figure?

Add in some whipped cream and chocolate sauce, or wine and strawberries, or liquor shots, or...

in the end... the calories burned are negated by the calories consumed so you don't need to log either, and you've managed to create a helluva memory to boot...

oh... and your buddies on your friends list don't NEED to know you've been doing the funky monkey (even if some may really WANT to know)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You should only be posting exercise calories if it doesn't fit into your regular reported lifestyle... Seeing to its regularity in my lifestyle it is not something that I post. 13 calories... Do you even get out of pocket?
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    One would hope you were having sex before you found MFP (:wink: ) so unless you've now started doing pull ups on the chandelier while you go for a ride :laugh: chances are that what you burn during sex is a moot point.

However, there are many wonderful positions which you can incorporate which will do wonders for your hips, thighs and *kitten* ... for instance, have him sit in a low chair next time ... :wink:
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I've actually tested this quite thoroughly and I can tell you that I burn roughly 684 calories per hour doing you-know-what.

That quick, huh?:noway:
  • DarthFalchion
    Options
    i have found that i wear my heart monitor when i am intimate with my toilet.. i find the effort is usually the same..

:: crickets::

damn.. whomp whomp..
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    My calories burned often cancel out during sessy time since my husband wears this mask as part of our ritual and we eat it afterwards. Makes things interesting.

401668_428595447194104_111398085_n.png

I'll bet...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Hey baby, how would you like to burn 13 calories with me?

You know you don't need to ask... :blushing:
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Show off.

(clearly I'm doing it wrong.)
  • DarthFalchion
    Options
    side.. your getting a whole minute..?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Have you ever worn a heart rate monitor during S E x to see how many calories you burn? I mean unless you are doin some super crazy freaky stuff, can someone really burn alot of calories doing this "exercise?" i looked it up on a website someone else posted on here, and it said based on my weight for a 20 min session id burn 100 calories. Realist? like i mean, unless u are doing some major squats, or moving ur hips at a max speed, or major push up positions etcc i just dont think id burn 100 cals doing sex. what do u think?

Mine came out to be the same as walking for 30 minutes. So I was thinking it ought to be higher since it seems like more of a workout than walking. But yeah, my hips are doing some serious movements, not to mention legs, arms..... :tongue:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    And this is just my humble opinion, but I think if just one person is "doing all the work," then you're doing it wrong! :laugh:
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Have you ever worn a heart rate monitor during S E x to see how many calories you burn? I mean unless you are doin some super crazy freaky stuff, can someone really burn alot of calories doing this "exercise?" i looked it up on a website someone else posted on here, and it said based on my weight for a 20 min session id burn 100 calories. Realist? like i mean, unless u are doing some major squats, or moving ur hips at a max speed, or major push up positions etcc i just dont think id burn 100 cals doing sex. what do u think?

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Just got this site from another MFP'er it's got a lot of things on it, and that is on there.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options

FTW!

2qa9305.gif