Weight Lifters: What do you...

Options
13»

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Andy Bolton lifts more in a week than most do in their entire life. He isn't ripped.

It's all about diet.
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    if you are eating less than tdee you will lose weight

Not arguing that point. The question at hand is whether or not it matters what you eat. Example: eating clean vs. eating junk food. And yes, I'm well aware that I'm opening up a huge can of worms with this topic. LoL I just enjoyed listening to their conversation while keeping my opinion out of it. :bigsmile:
    assuming equal calories and macros, the food quality makes jack difference. And even micronutrient wise and health wise, take a multi, eat protein shakes to get a decent amount of grams, and eat twinkies and chocolate for the rest of your say 70% of calories. compare that to a 'healthy' eater and you'll end up identical weight loss numbers and very similar blood work and general health indicators. Exercise has FAR more importance on general health than food. It's easy to be overweight and healthy if you're fit. It's easy to be out of shape and unhealthy if you're not exercising and eating healthy even.

edit: this is based on the assumption that you're not overeating food. If you're eating 'crap', but in moderation and balance, then thats a whole different ballpark than overeating tons of food. This same thing is shown when people do things like the twinkie diet or mcdonalds diet, combined with exercise and control a balanced intake of calories and macros, they significantly improve their health and weight. Take the same person, take the same crap foods and add 1000 calories a day and remove exercise, and watch their health and weight nosedive..
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    if you are eating less than tdee you will lose weight

This.

I lift weights and I don't do cardio per say. If I don't force myself to eat enough then I start losing weight
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of protein and carbs. I stay low fat as much as possible, but I go through phases of bulk and cuts.
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i eat under my caloric daily intake and i lose weight. i eat pizza, burgers, and other fast food but still maintain a six pack. that's because your body doesn't know if you are eating healthy or unhealthy food. as long as you stay under your daily cal. goal you will lose weight. very simple. also i suggest consuming 1.5 grams of protein per body weights(in lbs) on the daily. i can not stress how important consuming this amount of protein is( that is assuming you lift weights on the daily and do no cardio). also, a lot of folks say they have to keep their carbs low in order to lose weight. that doesn't make sense because i eat a high carb diet and still lose body fat. it;s all a matter of calories in and calories out. if you are going to consume carbs i suggest consuming them early in the day so that you have a steady state of energy through out the day. complex carbs are what you need to consume!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    how would that not be possible? you said she eats within her calorie goal. If you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I am only focusing on protein and calories. I dance a lot on my off days though. Also, it is very hard to get enough protein and still stay under calories if I eat "junk". The rest of my diet pretty much has to be good or I get too hungry and go over.
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    wait a sec --- why did he say it was not possible?? just curious, what would she have to gain by "making up" what she is doing??