Soy?

Options
13»

Replies

• SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    =Basically, if you plant this soybean weeds will not grow.
    Actually, that's not true. If you plant it, you can spray the emerged plant with Roundup and not kill it so you can spray for weeds while it's growing.

Folks, please stop using Roundup. It poisons the ground water. http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/pesticidesgw.html
    In a perfect world, that would be great. But if pesticides aren't used at all, food production goes way down or even ceases.
    That would drive up the cost of food dramatically. Pesticides are a necessary evil for large scale farming. Actually Roundup, the active ingredient being glyphosate, has a pretty good environmental fate compared with other herbicides. It breaks down in the soil pretty quickly.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I know it can stop your menstrual if consumed every day :) People trying to get pregnant avoid it at all costs, it can stop ovulation.

This is a new one to me. Where is this information from?

Wow. That is not true. So are you telling me that Asian people, like myself, that consume soy products like tofu all don't ovulate or have menstrual cycles?

What about lactose intolerant people, like myself, who do so because they can't have dairy?

Hmmm...last I checked...which was just last month....I had a menstrual cycle. Oh, and my cousin...has had 5 effin' kids. And I'm pretty sure certain populations that eat soy products quite often are procreating just fine .... Sooooooooooo.......

Don't know this for sure, since I'm can't read the persons mind, but I think she was meaning people who are struggling to get pregnant and are maybe having some uh, potency issues.

We get the comment - just not sure where this information is from as, from what I am aware, its not true