Ladies, don't be afraid of lifting heavy (pic)!

Options

Replies

• icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    wow you look great. now i want to lift too haha but i guess first i should actually lose weight.
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this I have been itching to try it but wasn't real sure how to get started. I just finished 30 ds myself and am on day 2 of RI30. Thanks so much you look amazing
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look fantastic! :smile:
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just ordered New Rules of Lifting for Women! Keep reading about it on here and am ready to try it out myself. Your results are amazing!!
  • SweatSuit
    Options
    REPRESENTIN"!
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Any idea what your body fat % was in the before pic, vs the current? It seems like it's likely that that is the number that might have changed a lot, rather than the scale?
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Stories like this is why I just picked up lifting - thanks for sharing!!!! Great results, congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    wow!! you look great!!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I just started doing more with the weights but dont have to much in the way of results YET. Do you have before and after measurements??
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    You look beautiful and fit. Thanks for sharing
  • RawrWolfie
    RawrWolfie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    sorry if this has been answers before, what was your workout schedule? How many times a week did you lift? Did you focus on lots of reps or heavier weights? Thanks, you look great!
  • JenivaDoll
    JenivaDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great motivation!!!! Nice job, hun!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    sorry if this has been answers before, what was your workout schedule? How many times a week did you lift? Did you focus on lots of reps or heavier weights? Thanks, you look great!

Currently, I do Stronglifts 5x5; that means I do three full body workouts involving compound moves per week (five sets of five reps - as heavy as I can go). I sometimes add a little low intensity steady state cardio (walking on the treadmill) after a workout.

On non-lifting days, I like to do short, high intensity cardio training to help improve conditioning, balance, etc. So a few times a week, I will pull a Zuzana Light Workout (ZWOW) off of youtube to get my heart rate up. Then I usually walk a little bit after on the treadmill for outside for recovery.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    BUMP....

amazing transformation and great motivator for those who think theyll bulk
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    wow your transformation is incredible, thanks for sharing your story!! :)..i've been looking into this for quite some time and wish i hadn't wasted so much time getting started and just went and done it..
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    You look great! I am in a similar pathway. In 2009 I was a healthy (but flabby) weight so I began eating 1200 calories & attending a high cardio kickbixing class (Few to no weights) which helped me tone up but soon plateaued. I stopped seeing results. I tried adding more cardio... rollerblading, biking, jogging, etc but no improvements (Appearance wise, ability to run/rollerblade got better however).

This summer I joined a gym that runs classes which are a combination of cardio & weight training (Kettlebells, medicine balls). Still not much results. Then in the last 2-3 weeks, I decided being a cardio rat who could run & jump around wasn't going to solve my problem. I decided I was going to take on the BIG uncomfortable weights that hurt & aren't fun to do. So far I've been doing squats, lunges, cleans, presses, thrusters, etc. with heavy bars in class. And I cut out cardio completely even though sometimes I would like to jog or ride the exercise bike :/ I'm still watching my calories... I 'm not sure how much to eat for muscle building but I 've been anywhere between 1300-2000 calories.

Waiting to see results! I'm hoping bigger muscles = more fat burning at rest = get rid of the last 8lbs of fat!
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Girl....you look GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GetDemGainz
    Options
    I agree and thought I would share this quote:

"The myth that women shouldn't lift heavy is only perpetrated by women who fear work and men who fear women."
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    you look great before and after. Good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!