How many days per week do you guys visit the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I do 6 days of fairly intensive exercise, so I think you'd been fine but the only thing I'd worry about is doing the same class that many times a week might get both boring but also you body will adapt easily and you won;t see the benefits after 3 or 4 weeks.

For 3 of the 6 days I work out it's the same program but that gets switched up every 6 weeks to keep my body guessing, 2 of the 6 are running so are always fairly similar and that last is a slow long walk which is a steady and less intense burn.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Three times a week. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Heavy lifting.

I walk to and from the gym, about thirty minutes there and back, so that's my cardio. Might stop in a fourth time in the week for some HIIT or to train an area I feel's lacking.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    6 ;)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 workout cycle. I usually train every other day. If I am sore, I will take 2 days of rest. I don't follow Monday is legs, Tuesday is back, etc.
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The class I go to actually works out all parts of your body and it switches up every three months so you dont plateau....Thats why I love this class!!!
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    7 days a week
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I go 6 times a week, but change the things I do - 2 days it's Aqua Combat and the rest 4 is more cardio and strenght exercises :) This way I don't let the muscules actually get used to the rythum. :)
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    6 days is fine as long as you don't feel like you're overworking your body. I would suggest 4 days of hard working out and 2 days of light cardio. I go 6 days a week but every day is different! Just make sure you make it count!
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ok I know some of you may exercise at home, but do you think working out 6 days per week is pushing it? I have been taking a class that I absolutely LOVE and its available 6 out of the 7 days...think its over doing it???
    Thanks for the help!!

What's the class that you are doing? you should rest your muscles 24 hours ( ie, separate leg day and arm day) so that you give them time to rest. As long as the class isn't lighting weights for ie. your arms two days in a row it should be fine.
  • violingoddess1
    violingoddess1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i Try to go 5/7 days, doing 1 hour each time. 30 mins elliptical, 15 mins treadmill, and 15 mins strength training