46 lbs down. but feel discouraged!

Options

Replies

• Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    you're doing great! you can definitely see a difference. keep up the great work!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have been on here for 155 days and have only lost 19 pounds. 46 pounds is an awesome success!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Girl, first let me say: HOW WONDERFUL ARE YOU???? You have already lost over 15% (almost 20%) of your weight!! WOO-HOO!!

I have read several places that sometimes you need to "jump start" the weight loss again by changing up your calorie intake, or change the type of exercise you do.

But...something else, did you take your measurements when you started? So often the scale does not move; yet, we have the NSV (non-scale victory) of getting smaller even though the scale doesn't change.

Let me say: KEEP IT UP!! It WILL come off!!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! Great work.
    I just hit 46 lb lost and felt the same thing. I looked at my before and current pic side by side and it reminded me that there is difference. I think the compliments slow down around this time and it has become so routine that it is less exciting internally. I set myself a new goal of hitting 50lbs before the end of the year and that reinvigorated me. I'm losing much slower than you though. I've been at it since April (I started on MFP in August).
  • akelli01
    akelli01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Looking good! :)
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Hey - you're doing amazingly well! You've lost more weight in 3 months as I did in a year! You should be very proud! Well done!
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    46 lbs is an amazing accomplishment, but I can tell from your post that you're not ready to be done. Find your inner strength to keep this journey going. Maybe set new goals, create a vision board with pictures of your favorite outfits, a country you'd like to visit, or a home you'd like to buy someday. It doesn't have to be fitness related. It could be something that reminds you that you are goal oriented, that are determined and driven. That you can do this! I have faith in you and I think your name is perfect, you are a natural beauty and your health is beauty as well. Don't give up on that natural beauty.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • taintedlush
    taintedlush Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do this! By gosh you already have! Keep on keeping on girl, so awesome and inspiring!
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    46 lbs in 3 months is very good progress indeed. There is much about your progress to be encouraged by. But I understand being discouraged after a while. The initial excitement of doing something about your weight, the evidence that it's working, and all that was so encouraging when you started begins to wane. The routine becomes a drudgery and you feel like you'll never get there. Like another poster said, you need to figure out why you're feeling discouraged. Figure it out and face it and remind yourself of the progress you've already made. It's encouraging that you reached out to MFP at this time though. So many people try to hide when they're feeling discouraged. It's a good sign that you are turning to others who understand to help you through. You can do this. You've already proven that you can. Just keep with it.
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! It can get discouraging at times but that is when you are being tested. Remember how far you have come and not how far you want to go!

Congratulations on a wonderful achievement!:flowerforyou:
  • assassin_86
    assassin_86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look Great! You have definitely inspired to do better with my weight loss. Keep up the good work!
  • naturalbeauty1922
    Options
    Thank You all so much for your advice and compliments!!! I really appreciate it!
  • slimjourney
    Options
    keep your spririts up mama, don't give up!! your doing great
  • nycolemullins
    Options
    You look awesome! You are obviously working hard and it's paying off! Great Job :)
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    keep thinking of your progress!
    we all get discouraged so you are not alone but try to focus on the positive.
  • tnt2035
    Options
    You look great. Keep up the good work. It's the start of a new week.
  • katattak73
    Options
    you look great! keep it up! ill add you..
  • oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Keep up the hard work...you can do it!
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    great job!!!!

Ill add you!
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    You Look Goood girl keep it up!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!