What do you think about men fake n bakin

Options
I work at a tanning salon and I see a lot of guys. I personally think it is great that the guys are talking the time to get the vitamin D and take care of them selves. I try to get my bf to tan, but he refuse. Says its not ok for men to tan in salons...what do you think?

Replies

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    When men "work" at a tan whether it be in a bed or at the beach I find them slightly feminine. Even if they are the most muscular they could be it is still weird. I have always been around the most manly men. My father, my uncles, my friends and even the guys I have dated have all been over flowing with testosterone. No way in hell would you catch any of them "working" on a tan. Just thinking about it makes me giggle. Tanning is something women do.
  • xxloveiswarr
    Options
    I do not dig it.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Eh... to each his own but I'm not sure I'd like a guy that went to a tanning salon. Plus, there's something so cute about when a guy has a nice (natural) tan on his legs and chest/back and then a really white butt.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My father, my uncles, my friends and even the guys I have dated have all been over flowing with testosterone. No way in hell would you catch any of them "working" on a tan.

Same here!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of tan. On anyone.
  • KiraBaby20
    Options
    When men "work" at a tan whether it be in a bed or at the beach I find them slightly feminine. Even if they are the most muscular they could be it is still weird. I have always been around the most manly men. My father, my uncles, my friends and even the guys I have dated have all been over flowing with testosterone. No way in hell would you catch any of them "working" on a tan. Just thinking about it makes me giggle. Tanning is something women do.

I was raised the same way. The reason I push him to is because he complains about being "white" because he is from cali and now lives is WA.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My fiance does not. And I prefer it that way. But I don't tan either. Much more fun getting it by relaxing at a pool.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. But then, I don't much care for fake tans on girls either. The tan thing does nothing for me, I find paleness attractive. The idea that somehow luminous orange is preferable to white is something that's always baffled me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I am not into tanning.

...as you can see from my photo, lol.
  • jryepin
    jryepin Posts: 114
    Options
    Not a fan!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    only if it's not too much...maybe once a week is cool........
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Uhhh..... Tanning beds cause skin cancer. Why would you do it?

I have three friends who have had melanoma on their face. Not a pretty sight. And the scars aren't very nice, either. Luckily, they are all still living.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options

I was raised the same way. The reason I push him to is because he complains about being "white" because he is from cali and now lives is WA.

I glow in the dark because I am so white. I actually prefer it that way. I have some cousins that spend so much time in the tanning bed they look fake. I would take a blindingly white skin tone over a fake look any day. But I have heard it makes you feel better physically.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Same thing I think of women "fake n bakin".. It looks awkward.
  • Colstriper
    Colstriper Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I went tanning before a trip to Mexico. I didnt want to burn while I was there.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    This is why I decided to be born black.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I tan, I think its fine if they want to..... no judgment here..
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Nope. Don't dig it. Male or female
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    As someone who just had surgery this week for skin cancer, I don't think much of anyone going to tanning salons.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    This is why I decided to be born black.
    :laugh: