How long did it take you to lose 25 pounds?

Options

Replies

• flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have'nt loss my first 25 yet. But, I have loss 18 lbs since January 02 of this year. I started at 290 lbs and have a bunch more to lose.
    Sherri
  • cjsroute24
    cjsroute24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 months to lose 25 pounds? But, as prior posters have said about their situation also, I started out heavy with a lot to lose!!

Just keep plugging away! That's all you can do! :)
  • brooksn20
    Options
    It took me about three months to lose 25 but i gained some back :( its taken me three weeks to lose 10 of the 15 i gained back but i have been a lot more strict about my food intake this time around
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Three and a half months.

And then I stalled out, and for the last two months and a bit I've been losing and regaining the same five pounds.So that's fun. But the first 25 came off pretty quickly!

Same for me, I lost 24 lbs from late January to mid-May of last year, and have been treading and retreading the same 4 lbs since then.
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It took me just over 4 months to go from 190 to 165. I did slow down a lot and/or plateau for periods of time over the holidays.
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    About 6 months. I started at 202 lbs, and the weight loss was without any "planned" exercise. I also didn't track what I ate during that duration. I basically just made a few changes in what I ate, cut out a lot of heavily processed foods, and cut down on my sugar intake. I kind of plateaued after the first 14 lbs for about a month.
  • jenniferdsmith
    Options
    I've been on my diet now for 31 days and I've lost 26lbs so about a month. Keep your chin up you can do this!!!!!!!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It took me about six weeks, but I have over 100 to lose.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Exactly one year to lose 25 pounds. And then three more months to lose a stinking 3 more pounds, hmmmmphhhh. But I never really was in a hurry and I set myself at losing 1/2 pound per week.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It took me exactly 2 years to lose 25 pounds. But I don't count calories and I don't diet. And I'm older, which makes losing weight hard. Beta blockers also make it difficult and I take them. But a pound a month suited me just fine and I did reach my goal. Most folks are not happy with that kind of slow loss but I much prefer it as I can stick to my eating program all my life and never diet or count calories.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    About a year. I only had 32 to lose, so it went nice and slow.
  • red869
    red869 Posts: 59
    Options
    I started at 169 lbs and it took me around 4 and a half months to lose 25 lbs. Soon after that though, my weight-loss stalled; I didn't lose anything for about 5 weeks.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP on March 25, 2013 at 262 lb and I hit 25 lb lost (237 lb) on July 1, 2013. So it took me a little over 3 months to lose that first 25 lb.

Since then my loss has been somewhat slower but still pretty close to the 1.5 lb/week I have set as my guide on here. I have been set at sedentary the whole time, under-log and eat back exercise calories, and I've always been set at 1.5/wk

(Before joining the site I lost 45 lb but it was spread out over a 4 year period and I really had no idea what I was doing aside from eating slightly better and walking a lot more for 2.5 of those years)
  • Insanity12000
    Options
    I just joined this site today. I have been on a diet and exercise plan mixing raspberry ketones and garcinia cambogia and I'm shocked! I just lost 23 lbs in 8 days!
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just joined this site today. I have been on a diet and exercise plan mixing raspberry ketones and garcinia cambogia and I'm shocked! I just lost 23 lbs in 8 days!

untitle.JPG
  • CrystalQ222
    CrystalQ222 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    About 5 weeks for the first 25... Then I stalled for 3-4 weeks. Now I started losing again...
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    About 11 months.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Strong first post.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    3 months
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    When I first started, I was at 280ish, for the first few weeks of diet and exercise I lost weight at probably too fast a rate, 5-8lbs a week, I lost my first 25lbs in about the first month and a halfish. The weight loss massively slowed down following this though.

I was at 260 when I started. Same deal here.