Coffee drinkers

Options

Replies

• Artests
    Artests Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried to give up coffee in the past, but if you're not drinking tons of caffeine (diet sodas, non-decaf tea) than why the heck bother! I love flavored creamers in my coffee, i'm willing to sacrifice those calories/fat. :drinker:
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    you'll pry my morning mug of coffee out of my cold, dead fingers. I drink it black, so fat/sugar etc. from adding cream or sugar is not an issue. Black coffee helps prevent type II diabetes and other nasty diseases :)
    I was about to post the cold dead hands thing. Must have coffee.

]
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Give up coffee :noway: Never. Be happy drink :drinker: coffee!!
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Love coffee. I'd never give it up. I drink between 3-5 cups a day, black with a tiny bit of sugar (about 1/2 tsp).
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I learned coffee itself has like no calories....I use splenda instead of sugar and I use light creamers. I also have a cup sometimes two a morning :)
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options

Coffee ROCKS!
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've never cared for coffee, but I saw this the other day. C.G.P Grey talks about coffee/caffeine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I've tried dumb things before, such as try to give up my coffee. I'm so glad I've came to my senses since then!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I plan on going to the grave with my coffee cup in hand :happy: true story
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

Amen!!!!

So I cut down from having three Starbucks Venti iced coffees with extra cream and 10 pumps of sugar every day (holy cow) to now I have a small amount of cream and two tsp of sugar in my coffee at home. I will cut back but not give up coffee!
  • mangoos
    mangoos Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have to cut in half my daily coffee. You see,I drink 6-7 cups of coffee with cream and sugar everyday as long as I can remember. Now , I only drink 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning and then tea afterwards. Hard to do it at first but determination plays a big role:wink:
  • Get120
    Get120 Posts: 56
    Options
    I drink it with zero calorie Da Vinci syrup, they have a lot of different flavors at walmart.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    No coffee? couldn't do it, I don't think mankind started to become civilized until we discovered coffee and if it was gone we'd all revert back to being savages in loincloths.

LOL :heart:
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I drink a cup everyday..
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    No coffee :noway: I just couldn't do it. I think I need a intravenous line of straight coffee put into my veins I drink so much. I also use half and half in my coffee and either splenda or stevia.
  • readthat
    readthat Posts: 136
    Options
    What kind of tea did you have? Black tea has about twice as much as green tea. I had to replace my morning coffee because it caused me acid reflux. I now drink black tea in the morning with nothing added. I recommend Harney & Sons Paris black tea. It's awesome!! I order through amazon.
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    Unless I happen to get some awful coffee I just drink mine black. If I end up buying coffee I don't care for then I tend to make it when I'm having milk and cereal for breakfast so I can pour my leftover milk into the coffee. A cup or two of coffee is actually good for you and is linked to a number of health benefits. I just try not to drink it all day long to avoid caffiene crashes, but I couldn't go without my morning cup and my afternoon teas.
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    I love coffee. To spare calories, I replaced the sugar with Splenda (I love my coffee sweet, and golden...so cream is added as well). Lately tho, I noticed I'm staying hungry and moody..I thought it was the Splenda..so I ditched the splenda, and went back to real sugar.....the headaches, and constant cravings STOPPED.

I'm so glad I can keep my coffee :-)
  • ekichiguina
    Options
    I drink 2 cups of coffee a day with splenda and milk/cream. My trainer at Good Fitness said to reduce coffee and forget splenda - but I can't drink unsweetened coffee. Any suggestions?
  • klupo3
    klupo3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee when I was pregnant with my son two years ago...It was VERY simple. Every day I put a few less grounds in the coffee pot until I was almost drinking hot water! The next few days I did drink hot water or tea to just have something warm to drink but eventually didn't need anything.