Coffee drinkers

Options

Replies

• lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I wouldn't even consider giving it up (I did go without while I was pregnant).
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking some right now. Mmmmm.....coffee. I've replaced creamer with a little non fat milk in it.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    They would have to pry the coffee cup out of my cold, dead hands. I could never give it up!

Like others have said, watch the cream and sugar. Sugar free creamer is a nice alternative.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi Anna! It looks like this is going to restate what many of the others have shared... but here goes...

While I would never give up my coffee, I have cut back from 4 cups a day to about 1 cup a day. And when I was really focusing on cutting calories, I used flavored soy milk or almond milk to sweeten my coffee - I found that it had fewer calories and with the flavoring I didn't feel the need to add sugar. And I still have a sweetened, sugary coffee about once or twice a week. What works for me may not work for you, but I guess what I'm getting at is that there are ways you can modify the way you drink your coffee so you can still include it in your day :) Good luck!!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I drink 2-3 cups a day with half and half and real sugar. Give it up? Ain't happenin.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Rather than cut it out by some decent stuff and have a daily/weekly treat.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...coffee

IF it helps any, my cousin is a registered dietitian and according to her, a few cups of coffee is a good thing....of course she prefers I drink it black, which I do, but that's because of my grandpa.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I've made sacrifices elsewhere to continue to drink as much coffee as I want during the day...with real sugar and real cream
  • naihler
    Options
    I LOVE MY COFFEE in the mornings!.....and I loved the creme brule coffeemate creamer. Since i started cleaning up my diet, I quit creamer and started to put sugar free instant cocoa in it. It still tastes delicious, and doesn't add many calories. I'm like you, if I didn't drink it at all....I wouldn't be able to function (Ive drank it all my life!!)
    I don't like it black, so the cocoa has been a good substitute for the creamer, mik or sugar. I only use one package of cocoa a day (which is 50 calories)....but, I figure I'll just exercise another 10 minutes to burn it off! :) Keep on drinking your coffee.....just remember 'moderation'....Good Luck
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all wrong with coffee and I would never cut out the milk/creamer. Great source of calcium! I drink coffee daily but I generally only have a tall cappuccino and nothing else. That's just part of my breakfast. They can't figure out if its good or bad for you but I'd say since we've been consuming it for as long as we have...I'm pretty sure humans can survive coffee.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I'm not classified as human until I've had coffee in the morning. Not even going to try giving it up...
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee and I would not give up on it. I just try to get it tempered, no more than 2 espresso a day.
    I drink black coffee (I hate sugar in my coffee) so no calorie issue.
    But because coffee is a diuretic, I try to drink more water for each coffee I have.
  • healthyhappyred
    Options
    Don't give up coffee! I know that I couldn't...Try switching up your milk to Almond Milk or even cutting back to Skim Milk! If you get the Almond Milk that has a little flavor, you could even skip adding sugar
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees coffees nuff said!
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love my Nespresso machine and the coffee it makes.
  • tomdVT
    tomdVT Posts: 30
    Options
    YAY COFFEE!! :love:
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Anna, I am exactly the same way. I have tried on numerous occasions to give it up. If I don't start my morning with coffee I will have terrible headache and I will be so sleepy and lethargic. I want to cut it out because of the acid in it. I think I would need to do it when I don't have to work. I was thinking about xmas vacation. :/
    HI, I used to drink coffee years ago because when I was married my husband quit his job and I had to keep 2 jobs to pay the bills... after awhile the acid started bothering me...I started using VIVARIN instead for the caffeine..and have used it for years...after 30 years or so, I found that ths was a little strong, so I started breaking them in half...with helped to wean myself down, then I went to 1/4 tablet, I have NEVER HAD THE HEADACHE associated with withdrawal...I sometimes drink diet coke for the same reason...but this is less than before... just a suggestion
  • Amatambi
    Options
    I never really drink coffee, to be honest. Every once in awhile I splurge and get a Starbucks mocha, especially this time of year when they have their peppermint mochas. :love: Usually I get my caffeine from Dr. Pepper.

We just recently got a Keurig coffee machine and I REALLY liked the "Cafe Escapes" brand Cafe Mocha K-cups. I actually had one of those almost every morning for awhile, then I ran out, and I haven't gotten any more since (They're pretty expensive). Every once in awhile though, I'll try to mix regular coffee and hot chocolate to try to get a nice mocha flavor, but it never works. :frown:

Oh well, for now I will stick with my Dr. Pepper, hopefully some day I'll be able to get more of those amazing K-cups.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Love my proper ground coffee brewed in cafetierre with double cream and either honey or brown sugar to sweeten... mmm...mmm...
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 cup a day. It has 1 teaspoon of sugar (the real stuff, no sweetener here), and 2 tablespoons (some I've cut down to 1.5 tbsp) of flavored creamer.
    I work it into my day, so I don't need to give it up!