100 Pounds Gone with Photos!!!!!

Options
Sprmc47
Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
Hi,
I have waited for this day since starting MFP. I wanted so much to post one in Success Stories!!! I took me about 1 year and 3 months. I won't bore you with my background, please check out my profile for that, but I just wanted to share some insights.

I didn't have real weight loss success until I took real responsibility for myself. I always told people that I am responsible for me, but never really meant it and blamed everything and everyone in the world for my issues. Once I really really believed that I was responsible, everything snapped in place and it worked. Since being on MFP, I haven't had one week where I haven't lost something. It's mostly about the numbers.

It doesn't matter where you start out it is all about consistency and doing the work. Friend people who have been successful, look at their diaries and learn from them, see what they do. Success leaves clues and you only need to look for them. Believe in yourself, you really can do it.

When you look at my pictures below, you will see that I still have a long way to go towards being my perfect body weight according to my height as per medical charts, but so what....I have lost 100lbs, YAY!!!!! I will just keep doing what I am doing and post next when I lose another 50!!! One year ago, I couldn't walk 10 minutes without feeling like I was dying, out of breath ready to fall over and bent over. This morning I walked for 1 hour, 3 miles, in rainy/sleet. I had a blast.

My favorite quote by Jerry Rice (football play)
"I do today, what most people won't, so that tomorrow I can do what most people can't"

Loving Life - Steve!!! (please fell free to friend me - we can all learn from each other)

Friday:
8258560684_ff6098dcb3_b.jpg

Old Me:
8257496767_558dc84792_b.jpg8258568230_b462b43d4c_b.jpg
8258568894_c1b4f5570d_b.jpg
8257495387_451f56ac75_b.jpg
8258561916_bfb949b4fb_z.jpg
8257496307_cf9588fea2_b.jpg
8258559714_7a2d49f3d7_b.jpg

Newer Me:
8258560446_09725663fa.jpg
8258560378_6b4b4d4a01_b.jpg
8258561838_fd1e3d260c.jpg
8257493435_916bc9f4a6_b.jpg
8258560684_ff6098dcb3_b.jpg

Thanks to my MFP friends for all your support!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Great job!
  • Coeby83
    Options
    Wow!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You look years younger now! Congrats!!!!! Amazing job!
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You look great and I am sure you feel great. Thanks for posting.
  • DeterminedAshley
    DeterminedAshley Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger!! Way to go!
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!! Big congrats for hitting the 100lb milestone! :smile:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment and you look awesome! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!!! Did you notice that about half of the "old you" pics were sitting down, and all of the "new you" pics had you standing up??? Even that is an NSV (non-scale victory) to me!!

You look great! And I am sooooooooo looking forward to seeing your next set of pics. Just a small suggestion--maybe put the amount of weight you had lost by each pic so we can see the transformation per poundage lost. Just me! :-)

You have done a WONDERFUL job!! And I like how you realized that YOU needed to follow through on your words and not just say the words of taking responsibility for yourself.

CONGRATS!!
  • Good for you!!!
  • Kristinj589
    Kristinj589 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! Great work what a difference!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Wow! I'm so proud of you and so blessed to be a pal! You already know I think you're amazing but I'll say it again...YOU'RE AMAZING!!!!!!
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You are an inspirantion to those around you and everyone here on MFP!!!!! Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing those photos when you are 50 pounds lighter :)
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • romeogig
    Options
    WOW!!! What a wonderful gift you've given to yourself and your family. Good for you!!!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing transformation and accomplishment! That is such an inspiration!
  • moraldd
    Options
    great job, thaks for sharing
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    You should be really proud of yourself! You look great!
  • AriesOx
    Options
    Awesome work! Keep on doing what you're doing - it is obviously working :happy:
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Super awesome .CONGRATS! the pic of your face side by side is amazing. Be proud of yourself you deserve it.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! You look fantastic, you must feel great! Keep pressing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!