Options
    bump
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jennessaphilip
    Options
    I totally just made these and used the tortillas to make mini cheese pizzas. 102 calories for some heaven!!!
  • mallins
    mallins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I want to try your tortillas they look fab. What kind of flour do you use?
  • fl46
    fl46 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When I made them I used regular flour and just made one big one. Even if you fill with a bit of chicken and a lot of veg it is still lo cal even if it is a 100 calorie tortilla. I also like the idea of making it a pizza. Real crust flavour, lots of veggies, and a bit of cheese still leaves room for fruit dessert or snacks later!!! I love carbs so this is a nice way to get a few.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    We like tortillas a LOT and we bought a cast iron tortilla press and griddle. If you are going to make a lot of tortillas a press is the way to go. You can turn out a lot of tortillas in a short period of time. I usually make corn tortillas rather than wheat and use Maseca tortilla corn flour which is widely available (we get it at Wal-Mart). 55 calories per tortilla. It's great because they are 100% corn flour -no oil, filler, etc. They are much more flexible and easier to use than store bought corn tortillas. You can salt them or add spices to them to suit your taste.
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • fl46
    Options
    When I made them I used regular flour and just made one big one. Even if you fill with a bit of chicken and a lot of veg it is still lo cal even if it is a 100 calorie tortilla. I also like the idea of making it a pizza. Real crust flavour, lots of veggies, and a bit of cheese still leaves room for fruit dessert or snacks later!!! I love carbs so this is a nice way to get a few.

344a9ut.jpg
  • fl46
    Options
    344a9ut.jpg

Picture wouldn't work!
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    good to know corn flour works, have bean and almond.
    Will check this out
    :flowerforyou:
  • ELENA_Z
    ELENA_Z Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump:heart:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has 45 calorie tortillas..they're labeled "low carb" and they are taco sized.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's also has low-carb tortillas that are 40 calories each. I love them, but this is a great recipe to try!

haha i just posted about that too. We get them every week and I've been putting everything on them because the hubs loves them.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Just a quick update:

I made these with Bob's Red Mill low carb baking mix and with King Arthurs White whole wheat flour.

Both were 50 calories with slightly different macros. The low carb ones were ok (6g verses 9g carbs), chewier and didn't spread out as much. Anyone familiar with this mix knows the flavor.

I really liked the white whole wheat ones. They spread thinner and now I have a good reason to buy one of those tortilla presses I always eye ball. The tortilla spread fine with a roller but got a little more rustic as I tried to lift it and ripped in places. I will definitely be making these again!
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ConnieRoxx
    Options
    Bump!
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump looks good
  • charliehefferon