Will My Cup Size Go Down?

Options
13»

Replies

• ILoveMyLifeee
    Options
    So far I'm getting at it will shrink but probably not as much as I was thinking it would
    These answers are helpful :)
  • lotusspark
    Options
    Most likely,yes. I know i need a re-fitting but i plan to wait until spring. weightloss costs too much $ in new sizes. lol
  • lorindaleigh
    lorindaleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    With a 43 pound weight loss I went from a 54 EEE to a 44DD. I had to go buy a new bra today my other ones were way way to big.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Well considering 70% of women wear the WRONG SIZE....

Cup size is relative to band size. In other words you are not a "cup size" with your band being the length around you.

For example- NSFW
    http://sophiajenner.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/dd.jpg

All of those women are Dcups. (I wore a 34aa for the longest time. Turns out I'm a 28D!)

Now as far as you losing fat from your actual breasts? Very possible as you have no choice where you lose. But you will also likely lose from your back, rib area, etc. you may actually go UP a size!

I suggest you do your own fitting (not an uneducated Victoria secret ((aka the Walmart of lingerie)) sizing) to see where you are and track along the way!

Just for any of the other women here this pretty much changed my life! (And save my back, shoulders, and boobs too!)

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/comments/rh26h/is_getting_fitted_for_a_bra_as_humiliating_as_it/c469bi0
  • sarahxx68
    Options
    I'm currently a D cup and at my lowest weight they were still about a C.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 40 pounds, and yes, I've lost a bit in the cup size area -- about one size. I'm thinking I'll probably lose another before I'm done (25-30 more pounds to go) but I'm okay with that as long as they don't disappear entirely.
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11" and 20 pounds lighter (which may change depending on my weigh-in tomorrow) than my highest weight of 168 (before I started MFP) and was a 38DD. However, since losing weight I've gone down to about a 36 DDD so it really depends. Large chests just run in my family so I doubt I will ever be smaller than a D, even when I get to my goal weight.
  • salamandermouth
    salamandermouth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine have not really gone down - which is a shame because that's the one place I really wanted to get smaller. When I was 260lbs I was a 44H and now at 187 I'm a 32J. But I think it all really depends on your genetics.
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. My band size has gone down 4 inches, but my cup size has actually gone up.
  • feathertouch
    feathertouch Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I went from a 36 D to a 32 B.....now everyone calls me no boobs :/ however I still think they're big enough :P
  • ILoveMyLifeee
    Options
    If they do happen to get smaller will the chest area be more toned atleast with the rest of my body?
  • MGSR
    MGSR Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, boobs are the last place I lose from (which is good and bad, 30F bras are hard to find)

Remember that Cup size is in relation to band size. So a 36D the cup is also smaller than a 34D, not just the band. A 36D is equal to a 34DD/E
  • NureeniWright
    Options
    Its all down to genetics really, you won't find out till you loose the weight. I was DD at almost 100kg and now i'm a C at 76.5kg. Its a shame, I have a feeling that when I get down to a healthy weight i'll probably only be a B cup but the trade off is worth it.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Geez I sure wish mine would. 101 lbs. down, and only down 2 cup sizes. From an H to and F
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This is so funny. A lot of people say they lose weight and their boobs are the first places to see a change. I have never lost weight in my breast. I asked my hubby that this morning.. "have u seen a change have they gone down" He said not a chance. I'm a 36 DDD when I started. I'm a 34 DDD. It's hard getting bras in my size. I have lost 35 pounds none of it from my chest. Good luck. I doubt if u do lose any it would be to a b or a cup.

I am the same - with a top heavy build the first place I lose any weight from is my hips/thighs/butt and my limbs. It stubbornly refuses to come off the bust line. :/
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Don't know about an A or B cup but you should lose weight in your chest. Pretty much all women do when they lose weight, it tends to be the first thing to go!

It is the last place for me!!! I wish it would go...
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Many women say it's the first thing to go (as PPs have said here) but for me, the cup size hasn't gone down and I've lost over 30 pounds. Really only the band size has decreased. I just had another period of weight loss, so we'll see if it happened this time, but it doesn't seem like it. Just depends on your body.
  • meganrpelican
    meganrpelican Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The boobs disappear. i was a 36dd now im swiming in my old 34cs. one week i lost four pounds... all boobs.