Divorce Diet

Options
Anyone else losing weight on the divorce diet?

Sunday nights are always the hardest for me, I could really use some cheering up.

But I'm pretty pleased with the divorce diet results, at least. :/

Replies

• ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Boy that's the best diet around! I've known people to lose lots of weight that way. Sorry you are lonely. It'll get better, I promise!

:)
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Awe hon - you're going to be just fine. Hugs.
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it's just getting to that some day that sucks.

28 lbs and counting. It's the only "diet" I've ever been able to stick to.
  • Lalamontour
    Options
    yep did great until i married again
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I've done the break-up diet. I lost a lot of weight rapidly and mostly kept it off. That time in my life sucked, but at least he left me with a much nicer body.
  • jmxxiiii
    Options
    I've done the break-up diet. I lost a lot of weight rapidly and mostly kept it off. That time in my life sucked, but at least he left me with a much nicer body.

Yes, at least he'll be leaving me with a hotter body :) haha, Seriously I've never seen 28 lbs fall off of me so easily!
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Can't say i've heard of that diet but what ever works. have you joined a gym, go to the gym and work out you will feel better about yourself and it help your diet, and sometimes theres eye candy there that might take your mind off the divorce. just a thought.
    :happy:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I think I'd eat myself into oblivion. I guess it's either one way or the other. =/

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The first 235# I lost (him) was much easier than the 50 that I've lost since him. I gained 75 when we were together, so I'm almost back to pre-wedding weight. (Started MFP at about 15-20 lost from highest point.)

Good luck, and be gentle with yourself. <3
  • LivingJuicy
    LivingJuicy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I actually gained the Divorce 15, and then recently lost it and then some. Feel so much better now, physically anyway. Hang in there.
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    I just had the worst breakup I've ever had...friend me if you'd like
  • jmxxiiii
    Options
    Can't say i've heard of that diet but what ever works. have you joined a gym, go to the gym and work out you will feel better about yourself and it help your diet, and sometimes theres eye candy there that might take your mind off the divorce. just a thought.
    :happy:

I work out 4 days a week :) plus my job is pretty physical too. I work on a military base, plenty of eye candy to see :) Now to get one of them to talk to me ;)
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! It's been a tough day for me too, mostly because we're still living together and sorting out the details. Hope tomorrow is brighter for you! :flowerforyou:
  • jmxxiiii
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone.

My divorce was finalized a month ago, after asking me for a divorce in September. My prince charming.
  • jmxxiiii
    Options
    Hang in there! It's been a tough day for me too, mostly because we're still living together and sorting out the details. Hope tomorrow is brighter for you! :flowerforyou:

So are we! :/
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Oh my. It really does suck, doesn't it. I'm the cause of this divorce, though not the one to decide to divorce. My profile contains the reason. I'm so trying to be kind and giving to my wife and be the best parent I can, but she has been stuck in a whirlwind of anger over this for just under a decade. How long until you are finally on your own?
  • jmxxiiii
    Options

Oh my. It really does suck, doesn't it. I'm the cause of this divorce, though not the one to decide to divorce. My profile contains the reason. I'm so trying to be kind and giving to my wife and be the best parent I can, but she has been stuck in a whirlwind of anger over this for just under a decade. How long until you are finally on your own?

By the spring, I'm moving back to my home state to become a corrections officer.
  • SelenaRios12
    SelenaRios12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just think about how amazing you'll look once you reach your goal. Plus if you ever see your ex husband you could be like, "this is what your missing out on!" BOOM :D

P.S. You'll so fine. Just keep your head up high. :)
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    When my former husband and I divorced I lost scads of weight (and I don't just mean the 180 pounds of HIM!). When he saw me after a few months he said geez, how come you couldn't have lost that weight for me? I just laughed and told him he was the reason I gained it in the first place! He left such a void in my world that I filled it up with food and I just plain didn't need it or him anymore. I'm so sorry you're going through this, but believe me, it WILL get better and you'll look and feel amazingly good when it does!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I did the divorce diet 30 years ago. . . I got down to 90 pounds. It was the hardest thing in my life. But I'm so much happier now. I'd much rather do it with MFP and be happy at the same time.