Pre-logging?

Options
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if any of you pre-log your food, whether it be for the day, the next few days, the week? I'm considering trying it out to help calm the chaos in my life. However, I don't want to get off track, eat something different, and waste all of that time I spent pre-logging. What are everyone's opinions?

Replies

• Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I like to prefill my diary for work days. I will make the food for that day ahead of time, and stick to it.

Other days I don't usually prefill because I like spontaneity. :)
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I prelog A LOT, but usually just the day of. My breakfasts are usually pretty consistent, so I'll eat them before I log, and then once I figure out my main meals for the rest of the day, I log those. Seeing what I'm going to be eating really helps me to plan snacks and to be prepared. I also give myself a little wiggle room, so that if I eat a little extra at dinner, it doesn't really matter.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Do it! i do for most of the week . Im about a day ahead during the week and then the weekend i just log as i eat. Im usually pretty good about making meals but i was trying to intermittent fast(not to good ay it lol)
  • lillauraseymour
    lillauraseymour Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'll sometimes pre- log dinner if i know what i'm having so i can see how many cals i have left for lunch and afternoon snacks, i'll pre-log a full day if i'm at work or school, where i know i'll only eat the food i've brought with me!
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If it's a day when I have class, then I pre-log my first 3 meals of the day (one eaten 9am ish, one at 1pm, another at 5, then something at 10 when I get home). I usually aim for 4 meals at 300-400 calories each. Seems to work out ok, when I actually do it. Lately I've been a total slacker on lunch packing. Oh. And if I'm going to eat out, I review the menu and prelog it so I make sure I can fit it in for the day.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I usually pre-log my work days. In fact, tomorrow is already planned, logged, packed, and ready to go.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    If I prelog, it's the morning of or night before usually. If you have a meal or snack you eat regularly, you can save it as a meal to save time. Also, if I'm eating the same thing for lunch as I had previously, I'll use the quick tools and copy from day. This happens at lunch a lot during the week.
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    I don't eat anything until I have it logged in abd know it fits. Helps me know what I can look forward to eating
  • 141by2016
    Options
    Yep, I pre-log. I think it helps me to know what I am eating ahead of time. As "they" always say failing to plan is planning to fail.
  • jallison12
    Options
    Pre-logging wouldn't satisfy the "consecutive days" measure, would it? It is "consective login days" so I guess you still need to login at least once a day. Just wondering...
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I prelog most days, I have crazy busy days so logging ahead keeps me sane esp those days when 5 pm comes and I have no clue what I ate or what we r having for dinner.
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :) You have all confirmed exactly what I was thinking: pre-log work and school days, that way I know exactly what I need to pack and have prepared. I work full time, go to college full time, and generally have about 4 days off per month. I think pre-logging will be the difference I need to make. You guys are awesome, thank you so much!
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I pre-log treats so that I won't go over before I get to it! Like i pre-logged birthday cake on my brother's birthday... and i pre-logged thanksgiving dinner so I would know when to stop :D
  • buffykaz
    buffykaz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    On my work days. I usually have the same breakfast and lunch, so I pre-log those.
    I also try and plan my evening meals throughout the week, so if I know that I have e.g beef strips in the fridge for tonight, then I will pre-log e.g. stir fry for tea.

It gives me a good idea of how many calories I have left for the day and what I can eat in between my main meals.
    If there is a cupcake or something that I have my eye on, I check out the calorie content in MFP before I eat it to see if I have enough calories left and if it will fit in my daily limit.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I try to. I find it helps me get an idea of a) what's "safe" to eat for that day in terms of snacking, and b) how to best plan my meals for the day.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i try to pre log breakfast helps me plan out my whole day!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging wouldn't satisfy the "consecutive days" measure, would it? It is "consective login days" so I guess you still need to login at least once a day. Just wondering...

No, logging into your food diary has nothing to do with the "consecutive login days". That occurs when you actually log onto the MFP site.

And I also pre-log my days. Tomorrows is already done. After inputting my meals I know what kind of wiggle room I have for snacks or additions to my meals.
  • allycat5723
    allycat5723 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have pre-logged breakfast, lunch, and snacks through Friday. Dinners are a bit more difficult since I never know where I'll be at that time. I can tell that this will drastically help me plan my dinners out better. Thank you again!
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I pre-log everything the day before :)

I find it helps me avoid overeating, and it means I don't have to spend the day wondering if things will fit my calories :)