Mio?

Options

Replies

• extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    because mushy strawberries in my water make me want to barf.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use Mio? I use it pretty frequently, but I'm wondering if I'm still getting the same health benefits as drinking plain water, or if I'm counteracting it. Has anyone heard any studies on it, noticed results, etc.?

By changing the color of your water with Mio, your body is no longer able to recognize it as water and won't process it the same as plain water. I'd avoid it

hahaha... yes, it's true. And... you'll obviously die! Just like you will by drinking diet coke, milk, and eating ice cream!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to put additional chemicals in my water ....

Plain filtered tap water for me : )

If you must have some type of flavor - how about putting fruit in a pitcher with your water and let the flavors infuse ?

Playing the devil's advocate, what are the chances your filtration system is eliminating all the crap the city puts in your water? Are you sure??? And by that same token, how about all the toxins used to grow the fruit you suggest putting in the water??

All that being said, I agree with you. Some plain old water with slices of lemon is probably the better alternative. However, if someone absolutely will not drink water otherwise, perhaps they will have to way the risks with the benefits.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Something chemically in it makes me sick to where the one time i did have it, i fell extremely so i don't drink it anymore. I drink the plain stuff!!!!!!!!! And while i don't know if the filter filters everything out, at least it gets rid of some of the stuff from the softener salt and the well.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Try this - delicious!

2 liters of water (about 8 1/2 cups)
    1 tsp of freshly grated ginger
    1 med cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
    1 med. lemon, thinkly sliced
    12 small spearmint leaves
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Mio's key ingredient is propylene glycol, which is closely related to a key ingredient in anti-freeze. Not sure why you would really want to put this into your body.

Ethylene glycol is what used to be in anti-freeze that tasted sweet but caused dogs and cats to die of kidney failure.

Propylene glycol is what they put in most anti-freeze now to make it non-toxic in case of accidental consumption.
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It also contains iocane powder, which is odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid, and is among the more deadly poisons known to man.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    It also contains iocane powder, which is odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid, and is among the more deadly poisons known to man.

Classic
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I avoid all chemicals its safer no way I'm going to die. What you really want to stay away from is oxygen it releases free radicals which are proven to cause cancer.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    look at the ingredients ..... propylene glycol.... heck...that is antifreeze!

does it have artificial sweetners??
    also death to you...

water is best....
  • 02tods
    02tods Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oh - Mio- Myo... :wink: :laugh:
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I tried it and and thought it was horrible. Liquid trout was the first thought that came to mind, not that I've ever had liquid trout, but if I did, I'm guessing it would taste like Mio. Ugh. :sick:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I tried it and and thought it was horrible. Liquid trout was the first thought that came to mind, not that I've ever had liquid trout, but if I did, I'm guessing it would taste like Mio. Ugh. :sick:
    Trout are delicious though I don't generally blend them...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Mio's key ingredient is propylene glycol, which is closely related to a key ingredient in anti-freeze. Not sure why you would really want to put this into your body.
    Water is composed of hydrogen, which has been used to build bombs (oh noeeezzzz!) and oxygen, which is also a component of the deadly poisonous gas carbon monoxide. Not sure why anybody would want to put such potentially destructive substances in their body.

Water itself can be deleterious to your health. Consuming large amounts of it can lead to hyponatremia, and inhaling it can cause drowning. Very bad, dangerous stuff.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Trout are delicious though I don't generally blend them...

You're not supposed to. But BASS, on the other hand... http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/bassomatic/229056/
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

If you must have some type of flavor - how about putting fruit in a pitcher with your water and let the flavors infuse ?

tap water is full of hormones, chlorine, and flouride. Good luck with that.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

NOTE: I said additional chemicals

Filtered water. FYI .. Most bottled water is filtered tap water. I prefer to filter my own. In our day and age ..gotta do the best we can do! I'd love to have access to virgin water from a flowing spring ... but I don't. : ( Certainly not going to add MIO or any other chemical sludge.

Peace
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options

NOTE: I said additional chemicals

Filtered water. FYI .. Most bottled water is filtered tap water. I prefer to filter my own. In our day and age ..gotta do the best we can do! I'd love to have access to virgin water from a flowing spring ... but I don't. : ( Certainly not going to add MIO or any other chemical sludge.

Peace

Do you put it through RO/DI or just a silly little carbon filter? (which mostly just reduces odor.)
  • 709sherry
    709sherry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it until I spilled it on my skin and it stained badly and wouldnt come off. Then I decided to look more closely at the ingredients. I threw them all out right away. Its plain water for me.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Try boiling a couple cinnamon sticks in the water, then refrigerating it. Its tasty :3