Biggest Loser - Kid's edition

odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Did y'all hear NBC will have a new The Biggest Loser show for children aged 13-17?

I'm intrigued.

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    I seriously hope they take a more realistic approach to the younger kids than the adults. That could seriously damage a child for life!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Did y'all hear NBC will have a new The Biggest Loser show for children aged 13-17?

I'm intrigued.
    I'm staying out of this. I can only imagine the debate that's about to ensue.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    I hope they don't use the same exercise and diet techniques as the regular show on them but then again that wouldn't be as entertaining...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Without even seeing it, I am already disgusted.
  • I hope they involve the entire family and not just the kid(s), teaching them all how to live a healthier life and workouts that are age appropriate.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    *waiting for ACG to come in this thread*
  • odusgolp
    From what I saw, the kids will not have any of the same competition sort of stuff or "boot camp" style yelling. Nor will they be weighed. It will be about "fun" activities/exercise and learning how to eat right.
  • odusgolp
    *waiting for ACG to come in this thread*

Uh Huh :P
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    BAH
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Honestly, I can't criticize The Biggest Loser. There was something I saw on one of there shows where the doctor was speaking to this woman about her high BMI and how it was at the point where organs were beginning to be pushed around and squeezed from the fat. Her BMI was only 2 points higher than mine. Hearing that was among the several things that eventually lead to me making a choice to make a change. So while they might not be taking the best route with weight loss, the show does bring awareness.

As for involving children... I think that it should not include children. Especially, if they are going to be as verbally abusive as they are to the adults. Also, I think appearing on that show could be harmful to the child's psyche in the long run, even if they manage to keep off the weight. I don't like putting children on reality shows of any kind.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member

I'm intrigued.

Intrigued?! Its total BS if u ask me :mad:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    BAH
    This \m/
  • odusgolp
    I don't like putting children on reality shows of any kind.

That's my thought.... Honey Boo Boo is damaged for life.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    I hope they involve the entire family and not just the kid(s), teaching them all how to live a healthier life and workouts that are age appropriate.

But it's "Biggest Loser". Nothing healthy about it.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member

I'm intrigued.

its kids AND adults!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    From what I saw, the kids will not have any of the same competition sort of stuff or "boot camp" style yelling. Nor will they be weighed. It will be about "fun" activities/exercise and learning how to eat right.

this needs to be repeated. hopefully that is how the show will handle it.
  • truffle-shuffle.gif
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    didnt-read-darth-vader.gif
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    That's disgusting.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member

I'm intrigued.
    I'm staying out of this. I can only imagine the debate that's about to ensue.

*Cleveland Brown voice* It's gonna be turrible!