20-30 lbs to lose group

Options

Replies

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,
    My name is Janet and I am re-joining MFP. I've had some success using this site to lose weight and stay motivated to exercise but fell off the wagon right around mid January. I''m weaning myself off of these darned cigarettes (down to 5-7/day) and have gained 7.5 lbs!!:noway: Yikes!!! Once again I surrender ~ I need your support before I completely fall off the planet. I'm coming home!!
    So far today I've walked 2 miles before work and only smoked 3 cigarettes (and they are all natural tobacco - ultra light's, that's a pretty good rationalization, hahaha) Planning on a TJ dvd when I get home - Cardio Party 1 or 2. Hope you all will let me join in!!
    Starting Weight : 174.5
    Goal Weight : 145.0

Will check in later and Thanks,
    Janet :heart:
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I was down 1.5 lbs today, after staying the same last week, so I am happier. What happened to all the original posters that joined this topic?? Where are you?? :sad:
  • taylorfriedchicken
    taylorfriedchicken Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    down to 162.6 ... I mean if that stays. I've had so many issues these past 2-3 weeks fluctuating from 163-166, I don't know what to believe anymore.
  • jehan
    jehan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi..Can I join you guys?

Anyway, I'm 5 feet flat. I wasn't really that concerned about my weight, until I weighed myself early this year and found I was 121.5. My BMI states I was overweight. SInce I have a very small frame, most of my fat went to my belly. I had a waistline that's uhmm disgusting.

SW: 121.5
    CW: 117
    GW: 100
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too! I will be one week healthy eating plan this Wednesday, weigh in day for me. Thanks for all the inspiration! Keep at it everyone!

Dottie
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post SW and GW:blushing:

SW: 156
    GW: 125
  • andrear1979
    Options
    good idea
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Family,
    Good to read everyone's postings and your successes !! They are helping me so thank you!
    Did 20 min of TJ (kickboxing style w/o) after I got home from work - stayed w/i my cals and ended up with 5 cigs for the day. That's a huge accomplishment for me!! Yea!
    Got up this morning and started my day w/ 20 min of kickboxing and I'm walking 2mi w/ my Leslie Sansone DVD at lunch Not sure what's on for after work. I have healthy snacks with me and carrot sticks for those cig cravings!! So far I've smoked 3.

Thanks again to all the posters on this thread ~ I appreciate the help:flowerforyou:

Make it a great day and will check back later,
    Janet:heart:
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Glad to see some posts on this topic. As of Monday, I am one third of the way to my goal of 30 pounds. On one hand, it is depressing to know that it took me over 2 months to get this far, and I won't reach my goal until August. BUT, when I look back and think that I have stuck with it since the beginning of January, that makes me feel good.
    SW 9/09 190
    SW 1/10 192
    CW 3/10 180
    GW 8/10? 160
  • KBgirl
    KBgirl Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Can I join your group?

My name is Ang, and I am 25 years old.

start weight: 198
    goal weight: 165
    current weight: 193
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I finally found my way back to this thread.
    I had lost it and forgotten that I had joined, saw the topic today and started reading
    all the posts and found mine!
    Imagine that !

Well, not much has changed unfortunately.
    Ironically I found my post from 2/20/10 and was thrilled that I weighed 165 down from my start of 173.5 well since that time I went to 166 then to 166.5 then last week down to 164.5 ( I was jumping up and down that week, and once again believed in miracles) then today weigh in day for me ,back to 165.
    So in the one month since I posted I am EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!
    Seriously? and I really did think I was making progress. I really do loose slooooowwww. But I didnt realize it was quite that slow.
    I am not giving up, I really can tell the difference even with my teeny tiny weight loss, my inches are where I see the most change..
    So I am still here, plugging away.
    I will check in again hoping to post a smaller number.
    Good Luck to all....and to all a goodnight .:yawn: its 3:01 am as I write this.
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Hope to see some of our original posters to this thread....most have been MIA lately. I am down two pounds this week. Yay me!

SW 9/09 190
    SW 1/10 192
    CW 3/22 177.75
    GW 8/10? 160
  • crystalpistolball
    Options
    I would like to join your group. I'm starting on myfitnesspal today and was looking for some motivation/support. I am currently hoping to lose around 20 pounds so I thought this would be good group for me!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
    my current weight is 196
    My goal weight is 170
    I would like to accomplish my goal by september 8 2010 (26 pound in 24 weeks.)

I need to "clean up" my eating. I fell off the wagon this week, and i am having a hard time getting back on.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I started this thread and then haven't signed on in a long time. I would like to get more people talking here and get this weight off.

I have been going to the gym more and more lately but still not eatting well. Wondering how all of you stay so focused?
  • efcdcdb
    Options
    Not sure if there is any hope for this thread. I have been checking back and there's not been much action, so I kind of stopped looking. I have really stayed focused since January. I haven't had a good result every single week, but I have made steady progress and that is more than I can say about anything I have tried over the past couple of years.

I have a friend at work who has been lsoing weight and we walk outside almost every day at lunch time, and encourage each other in general. My two sisters use this site and are my "friends", so knowing they are watching helps me too.

I have lost 15 pounds so far, and would like to lose at least another 15, and maybe 10 more if I can.

Maybe if we keep posting, we will get others to join back in.
  • Mom2Emery_Liam
    Options
    New here and wanted to lose ~30 lbs. I'm 5'2" tall and my current weight is 155lbs. Way too much for my petite frame.
    My goal is 125lbs.
    Hoping that in 11 weeks I can tone up some and lose maybe half of the weight? It's a lofty goal but we are going to Fl at the end of June and I want to feel a little more confident in shorts and a swimsuit.
    I'm a sahm and have been using free fitness videos on exercise tv and on demand.
    I've been working out for a little over a week now, 6 days a week. Anywhere from 20-40 mins. Trying to keep my calories under 1600 but realize I may have to drop that lower to really see some results.
    Anyways, I hope to see others join in and report some progress. Sometimes I think when you've only got 20-30lbs to lose it is sooo much harder and comes off at a much slower rate.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    efcdcdb don't give up HOPE...at least you haven't given up on your goals! It's difficult when i'm looking for that much needed support and the few people around me wonder away...thank goodness for technology! I'm basically on the same quest that you are on, so I'll check in frequently and share my story, my success...bec' I will beat this thing. already on my way and its taken a complete change in habits and dedication to see my results. stay in touch & I will too.

667905.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I am averaging 1 to 2 pounds weekly....yeah me! yeah us...
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    I know the group isn't so active, but I'll join as well. I'm well on my way to re-losing a bunch of weight I've put back on since hurting my back several times and not being able to exercise (and have been eating poorly). Anyways, it is always fun to be inspired, inspire, and have fun.

Good luck to all!

874228.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    sblim I hear your pain...ankle surgery put me out for a couple-to-three years and I ALONE put on the weight. great to have a metric reading...it'll keep my math skills polished!

Let's do this right....