Should I get a George Foreman grill?

Options
13»

Replies

• sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My husband had one and we used it fairly often, but then I sort of felt like no matter what we cooked, beef, salmon, chicken everything tasted the same. But for ease of use it was fine. We have not had one in years, of course DH does not miss it as I do all the cooking....hmmmm....

ETA, we grill out year round (in MI) so DH does that and I prefer that as well. So I guess he is not completely off the cooking chores :smile:
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My George Foreman grill is the most used appliance other than my microwave.

IMO it's a great investment
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    ONLY BUY ONE WITH REMOVABLE PANS!
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I cook a lot and have all sorts of fancy kitchen stuff but I still really like the Foreman grill. We use it a lot to grill up chicken breasts (marinated or plain) to serve with rice & veggies or slice up for salads. For some reason, I've never been able to cook chicken in a pan on the stovetop so this has been a lot more convenient than firing up the oven just for 1 piece.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I've watched my mother cleaning hers. No Effing Way will I be buying one.

However, a simple grill pan for the stove - that's on my list. Easy to clean, easy to control, same end result.
  • jilltaylor86
    jilltaylor86 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have one of the original models...honestly I don't use it unless I'm making a recipe that says to grill something. It's too big and heavy and impossible to clean. And if you do get one, make sure you get one with removable grill plates, because mine doesn't have that and it is IMPOSSIBLE to clean. There's no way to actually get it clean. The best I can do is waste a bunch of paper towels attempting to clean it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

THAT one looks like a much better option - enjoy!!
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I have the "Hamilton Beach" version...don't know if that's just a Canadian thing, or not. But, I cook on it at least twice a week. Chicken breast, hamburgers, even pork chops. I love it!!! My favourite appliance!!!
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Huh??? Hard to clean???

Cleaning the Foreman is actually really easy. After cooking, just wet down a paper towel or two. While the grill is still hot, wipe it down with the wet towel(s). Everything comes off easily. If you wait too long, yes - it's more difficult. But it really only takes less than a minute to clean a hot grill.

Yes i agree with this, thats exactly what i do too!
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yes! Absolutely! Can't live without mine. It can crank out a grilled chicken breast in just a few minutes. It's great for a quick, healthy dinner, and is great as far as being non-stick. It's a great substitute for having to go out to eat when you're in a hurry and just want to grab something quick. I use it for Chicken, Hamburgers, Veggie burgers, veggies, panini sandwiches, you name it. One of the best kitchen investments I've made.