13»

Replies

• BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I heard they taste like ****. :sick:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    They're zero calorie because they're essentially soluble fiber. They're made with konjac root. They smell the way they do because the raw konjac root flour has a fishy smell.

Why I never agree with the practice of stuffing more of a low calorie substitiute into your face so you can gorge on quantity of food, I wouldn't dismiss it as a non-food because it's not a part of your culture. It's been around for a while.

I remember eating it at a Japanese friend's house in school. They ate it not because it was low calorie, but because they enjoyed it. The low cal/low carb thing is a side 'benefit' for those who put themselves on restricted diets.

That isn't the reason I'm saying it isn't a food. My reason is based entirely on the definition of the word "food".
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    They're zero calorie because they're essentially soluble fiber. They're made with konjac root. They smell the way they do because the raw konjac root flour has a fishy smell.

Why I never agree with the practice of stuffing more of a low calorie substitiute into your face so you can gorge on quantity of food, I wouldn't dismiss it as a non-food because it's not a part of your culture. It's been around for a while.

I remember eating it at a Japanese friend's house in school. They ate it not because it was low calorie, but because they enjoyed it. The low cal/low carb thing is a side 'benefit' for those who put themselves on restricted diets.

That isn't the reason I'm saying it isn't a food. My reason is based entirely on the definition of the word "food".

Point taken and understood. Argument to that point retracted :) It was the post dismissing it as fake and labaratory food that I was intending to aim this at.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Point taken and understood. Argument to that point retracted :)

And I have no objections to the rest of your message.

Yay! Understanding on the MFP message boards!

:flowerforyou:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Point taken and understood. Argument to that point retracted :)

And I have no objections to the rest of your message.

Yay! Understanding on the MFP message boards!

:flowerforyou:

Aw man, how can we have discourse without name-calling and finger pointing? :flowerforyou:
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    I like to put real food into my mouth, not fake laboratory stuff.

Yep! If I want a noodle, I will have a noodle. With butter. And then run 5 miles! LOL!