My story. 153lbs lost. Sorry so long. PICS.

Options

Replies

• SWilcox818
    SWilcox818 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. I imagine there are many, many people who can gain inspiration and motivation from reading about your successes. Congratulations for the work you are doing to overcome the demons of your past. I think it's quite amazing and applaud you for being brave enough to tell your story to the world! Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss as well. 153 pounds lost is phenomenal! Just keep doing what you've been doing. Even if you're struggling right now, recognize how far you've come and that the struggle now is temporary. Great job!!!
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. I imagine there are many, many people who can gain inspiration and motivation from reading about your successes. Congratulations for the work you are doing to overcome the demons of your past. I think it's quite amazing and applaud you for being brave enough to tell your story to the world! Congratulations on your tremendous weight loss as well. 153 pounds lost is phenomenal! Just keep doing what you've been doing. Even if you're struggling right now, recognize how far you've come and that the struggle now is temporary. Great job!!!

This exactly. ^^^^ Thank you. You are brave and beautiful. I loved the part of your story where you "woke up" on the long drive. It's poetic and totally understandable. You will get past this rough time, just keep hangin' on.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!! I'm so very proud of you. Not just for the weight loss,but taking charge of who you are! You're a true inspiration. And kudos to your girlfriend. Sometimes I think the people who love us the most have a harder time than we do...at least speaking for me I know sometimes there's no WAY I would deal with me if I wasn't me! lol Sometimes we just have to let someone else love us until we can love ourselves. You're amazing!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. You are absolutely amazing. Living with depression can really make the rest of your life more difficult. But you have chosen to value yourself and live the life you want to live. Congratulations. I wish you all the best in the future and hope you accomplish all your goals.
  • KazzaLee13
    Options
    You're an inspiration!! Thank you for sharing your story!
    You look fantastic and I hope you realize that! :)
    Congratulations on all your progress!!!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Dawn! You did it and look at all the people here who are supporting you. You've done an amazing job the past two years turning your life around. I'm so very proud of you and proud to be one of your MFP friends. I love, love, love that next to the last pic of you in jeans and black boots. You look absolutely beautiful!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing your journey with us :)
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congratulations on everything!
  • angizax
    angizax Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are most definitely a 'success story' to those of us reading this (sometimes it's hard to feel that, I know)! Thank you for sharing and congratulations on all that you have overcome and fought through. I don't know you, but I am very happy for you and know that you ARE worth it!
  • kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm crying feeling the pain you went through. People are so ugly when you trigger their fears.

Great work learning to accept and love yourself. The weight loss is small compared to grabbing the gift of self acceptance.
  • yvettesalva
    yvettesalva Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    youre truly amazing!
  • nicpatrice
    nicpatrice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congradulations on your progress and I wish you continued success.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. Keep up the great work :)

23087067.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jesslinn85
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing! Your story was so motivational! Thanks for sharing!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Thanjs for sharing!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story. No one's story is exactly like another's but there are elements in your story that I can totally relate to and I am sure many others do as well. I have done the yo-yo thing all my life and what you said in the end is TOTALLY true! Yes, we all struggle but I am so glad to hear that you are sticking it out and I just feel it in my bones that you will reach all your goals!!!!! Weight is only the tip of the iceburg and you are truly an inspiration because you are the whole package.

Thank you so much for sharing what has to be a difficult story! You will be an inspiration to thousands!!!!!

This ^^^^^^ and you look fantastic!
  • phee
    phee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing the very intimate details of your struggle. I believe that many many obese / overweight people have underlying emotional issues that serve to maintain an inability to succeed at weight loss. Too many people think of the weight loss battle as a matter of a simple mathematical formula of calories in versus calories out. Take note that these people are usually fit and tones personal trainers that have never been obese in their lives (lol). Gee if it were that simple, the world would just not have an obesity problem. I hope that your story encourages others to consider the emotional and mental aspect of their weight struggles. Thank you again. You are a very powerful and insightful person and what you have achieved is inspiring.
  • Kurls4Daze
    Kurls4Daze Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I READ THE ENTIRE POST THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR STORY!! IM SO HAPPY YOU OVERCAME OBSTACLES WITH SO MUCH COURAGE!!!! GO GIRL!!! AND YOU LOOK GREAT BY THE WAY ^.^
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    A tough story to write and one that could inspire many or even just one person that has experienced similar challenges. I really appreciated your story because I think of how much pain was behind my fat. Sure I eat healthy and exercise but it has been the internal/mental/emotional work with a counsellor that has really helped me see that I am worth the effort and am deserving of a better life. The work inside was the biggest obstacle to overcome because I think many of us know how to eat healthy or that exercise is important but something has happened that tells us we are not worth it, your story shows that we are worth it. Great job!
  • hanbax012
    hanbax012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are so inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!