New Year's Resolutions - what's yours?

Options

Replies

• littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Oh wait, I just thought of one! I wanna do Couch to 5k this next year! I can't really run yet (I have asthma, made worse by exercise), so I have trouble with my breathing. But my sister is getting me new running shoes for Christmas, and I'm going to go for it! I want to be able to run!
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I will not go off on idiots who post stupid **** on forums in 2013.

I give it 10 minutes.

Hope you're not talking about me ;)

Good luck! :)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    mine is to not let myself down...its usually a little after xmas that i lose motivation! ive come so far but still have a VERY long way to go! my aim is to lose the last 38pounds before i go to stay with my sister in america for thanks giving 2013 xx

Well, good luck sweetie and congrats on your weightloss so far :))
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Your resolutions are all great and inspiring! Thank you for answering, guys, and keep them coming, I love reading your resolutions :))
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Well until I quit smoking a few months ago. My resolution was going to be Mark Twain's resolution. I resolve never to smoke while I am asleep!
    Next people who make new years resolutions.... are called resolutionists.
  • TwelveTwentyOne
    TwelveTwentyOne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1. strive to make my marriage the best it can be.
    2. work on patience with my kids.
    3. to keep working out and drive my husband wild with my efforts. ;)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Now that I have been able to prove to myself that I CAN stick to my guns and reach goals I actually wrote a goal list in april of this year..

By April 1, 2013 this is what I want to achieve;

-See 199 (-29lbs)
    -Be able to ride 50 consecutive miles on a bicycle
    -Reach my goal weight of 170 by January 1,2014
    -Buy my first ever pair of jeans that doesn't have double digits
    -Be able to bench press 300+ lbs
    - Go on a 3+ mile hike

Some of the things I wrote on this list that I have been able to cross off:
    - No fast food for 3 consecutive months (Last fast food was August 25 and I Haven't had any from that day on!)
    -Buy my first bra from Victoria's Secret- Achieved, and I am even getting to small for it!
    -Bought my first ever item of clothing from Aeropostale and could fit into an xl

I know I will not reach all of my goals by April 1st, however, I'll be damned if I don't fight my hardest.

That's the spirit! Congrats on everything so far and good luck! :))
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Finish an Ironman. My first is scheduled for May 18th :) That's my only NY goal. I'm also doing various other tris and road races and long-distance bike rides, but it's all just training for the IM. After that I will get the M-Dot tattoo and then decide what to do with the rest of my life fitness-wise...
  • teenio7
    teenio7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    1. Get in shape to do Tough Mudder
    2. Learn Perl (I'm in I.T.)
    3. Pay as much student loan debt off as possible.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I had my annual exam last year on 12/5, and that's the day I decided to make my changes. It's not exactly New Years, but it was a specific date, and when I came back around to that date this year, I renewed my commitment to my health. I think having a specific date is a fine idea, it seems to help me. I'm thinking on resolutions I want to make, and haven't decided on any quite yet. But I think I will make some this year.

This was a great post, and your spelling and grammar seemed fine to me. :)

Yes, exactly sometimes it helps to have a precise date! Thank you :)
  • GoatBoat66
    Options
    1. Graduate
    2. Find a woman
    3. Stop eating so much frozen yogurt
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Mine are:
    1. Not to buy any new clothes in 2013 unless there is a genuine emergency, like my running shoes spontaneously combusting. I truly have enough clothes =)
    2. To use my every-other Friday off to meal plan for the following two weeks. Goal is 4 homecooked meals per week, 1 meal out with friends, and 2 nights of leftovers
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    start back playing softball..... and buy a new wardrobe :) clothes dont fit anymore and loving it!
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I actually don't have any new years resolutions...it makes it like there is too much pressure to complete them! I take life one day at a time, and change what needs to be changed, but I don't think you should pick one day of the year to pick what you want to change about yourself for the next year...events happen that will change your goals for the year and the resolutions

I actually like the pressure it seems to bring lol But I totally get that it's not working for everyone :)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    1) Read More
    2) Get more than 5 hours sleep a night
    3) Lose the rest of my weight, I've lost 87 out of 100, hopefully by March 13th, my birthday. I'll accept by Memorial Day...
    4) Have 1 night or weekend afternoon out with my wife a month with someone watching our daughter
    5) Run a half Marathon
    6) Keep my weight off

My 2012 resolutions were

1) Lose weight - Successful
    2) Keep it off - non issue since I'm not at goal
    3) Have a night/afternoon out with my wife once a month. - Managed 11 of 12
    4) Read more - Did well until I started doing something for fitness other than just the ellipticals
    5) Get more than 5 house sleep at night - Didn't do so well
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    To get pregnant ..... me and my wife found a donar and are starting to try in janruary
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I've already started on a couple of mine....

1) Quit smoking (I'm about 1 week into this one).
    2) Get my Personal Trainer Certificate - I'm registered for a seminar Jan. 26th & 27th!
    3) Reduce my body fat from 25% to 20% (I swear I'm not stealing this! It really IS my goal!)
    4) Get certified to teach at least ONE more format that I currently teach (Kickboxing and/or Barre)

Last year it was:
    1) To get to 145 pounds (a loss of 17 lbs.). I'm ONE POUND away!!! (with only 3 weeks to go!)
    2) Get a gym membership and go at least 3X/week.
    3) To become certified to teach at least one fitness class - Feb. 24th I became licensed to teach Zumba! I started teaching in April.

I had never made New Year's Resolutions previously because I found that I never stuck with them. Last year I decided to do anything it took - and I have. Once I realized how much FUN it was to actually achieve these goals! :)

Right? I also think they're fun :) Congrats and good luck :)
  • freedomischaos
    freedomischaos Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1. Skydiving
    2. Base Jump from the New River Gorge Bridge. I have to be less than 200lbs by October for this, currently 30 pounds away. I'll make it.
    3. Do ten pull ups in a row. For everyone that has this listed, it took me nearly 6 months to do 1, but now I can pound out about 6 in succession with no pause and I can do 3 sets that way, if I don't do anything else. I like to split it up with 2 set/6, then 2 set/3 a half stick. I notice that doing the latter greatly helps with the former.
    4. Complete the Couch to 5k and then run a 5k.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Well until I quit smoking a few months ago. My resolution was going to be Mark Twain's resolution. I resolve never to smoke while I am asleep!
    Next people who make new years resolutions.... are called resolutionists.

Like... I resolve never to eat while I'm asleep? lol
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    1. Graduate
    2. Find a woman
    3. Stop eating so much frozen yogurt

Urgh, yes, I feel you for the frozen yogurt!! Good luck :)