Sixers Valentine Vixens Week 5

Options

Replies

• 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Hey group I did not get my weigh in in this morning so I will tomorrow. Not looking forward to it cuz I am suppose to be in menopause but am having a period again. Feeling all puffy and bloated! I have continued through with the fitness but have seen the increase in sweets this past week, now I know why! Good job losers, way to hang in there. Welcome to the Sixers Tamara!

Thanks for the welcome note:heart: you noticed ! I have to say I've been going through menopause myself & it has it's moments:noway:

Well...I joined this group as accountability between Holidays, Birthdays & having teenagers is really challenging when trying to drop the lbs.

This week I had:

:heart: 2/14 Valentines
    :heart: 2/16 Husbands Birthday Today..I got a small 1/2 8" round cake so there's no leftovers
    :heart: 2/19 Son's birthday.

Ugh.....it's so hard to say no to the cake. That's why I'm here

Thanks again Sixers :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning sixers.....

know.....i understand about cake. what i did for my sons b-day was make cupcakes. i kept 4 of them here for DH & i and sent the rest home with him. he was like cool. of course he could lose a little himself. but, that's his thing not mine.
    drtamm...april that's just around the corner. are you excited?
    tiff....will you be my doctor? i am sure the gain was from all that you mentioned.
    ali....like the new pic. were you in alt during the snow storm on friday/saturday?
    verda...i went through force menopause with a hysterectomy. i feel sometimes i still go through all the symptoms of the monthly.

tiff was talking about her gain and mentioning all the "excuses" of why it happened and thinking about fibbing about the scale amount. i think of that allot sometimes. it comes down to being honest with yourself and knowing if you are making excuses. life happens and we can't go or look back at the past. we can't do anything about it. i know for me this is something i work on on a daily basis. i am a worrier. i am working on that too. you can't worry about the past or the future. things may not happen the way you think. in fact if you dwell on the future it just may happen the way you don't want it to. just work on today, cause today is the day that counts. if you woke up and the pants don't zip today. ok, so you drink extra water and put on another pair. you take one step at a time.
    ok, that's my speech. excuses are just that excuses they aren't the solution.

as for me...my thighs are killing me. they hurt. i have been coming up with "excuses" for not doing the workout today. i will and i will give it my all.

love you guys.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies.

I've been lurking because I have just been so "bad" on my eating. Eating ALL day long, starting at 3 a.m. and just shoveling food into my face. I have no excuses. Reading all of your posts, I realized I need to kick my butt into gear big time. You guys are doing great! Keep up the losing.

Sorry no time for personals today. Trying to focus on actually getting work done for a change. Brain is scattered and all over the place.

Sending you all hugs. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

EDIT: Coming back to edit this because I have decided that I am going to take this one day at a time and am going to stick to my calorie intake for today ONLY. I'll worry about tomorrow, and next week when they come. Just for today!
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies.

I've been lurking because I have just been so "bad" on my eating. Eating ALL day long, starting at 3 a.m. and just shoveling food into my face. I have no excuses. Reading all of your posts, I realized I need to kick my butt into gear big time. You guys are doing great! Keep up the losing.

Sorry no time for personals today. Trying to focus on actually getting work done for a change. Brain is scattered and all over the place.

One day off track doesn't mean you failed .... it is just that one day. Today you have the right thought process going. Good luck, we are ALL worth our goals whatever they are.
    Sandy
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies.

One day off track doesn't mean you failed .... it is just that one day. Today you have the right thought process going. Good luck, we are ALL worth our goals whatever they are.
    Sandy
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I am as Tiff said "PISSED" because I have NOT seen 150 for four months! I will fight it once again! I knew I gained with how I was feeling!

Rhiannon (PedalHound).......SW 000.0lbs / GW -8lbs /CW -7lbs / PROGRESS -7lbs
    Lorna (iftcheiaf).......................SW 142.4 lbs / GW 137.4 lbs / CW 145.4 lbs / PROGRESS +3 lb
    Cathy(chipper).........................SW 241 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 237.0 lbs / PROGRESS -4 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)....................SW 185.0 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 177.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 8.0 lbs
    izzypup.......................................SW 187 lbs / GW 180 lbs / CW 183 lbs / PROGRESS -2lbs
    Nicole(nicolee516).................SW 168.4 lbs/GW 165 lbs/ CW 168.4 lbs / PROGRESS - 0 lb
    Tamara (IKnowICan)..............SW 162.0 lbs/GW 157lbs/CW 162.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 0 lb
    Emmie (emmie110)...............SW 218.4 lbs/ GW 209 lbs / CW 218.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.4 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)................SW 198.0lbs / GW 192 lbs / CW 196.5 lbs / PROGRESS -1.5 lbs
    Alison (ali258)..........................SW 225.8 lbs / GW 219 lbs / CW 224.6 lbs / PROGRESS -1.2 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit)............................SW 146lbs / GW 136 lbs / CW 150 lbs / PROGRESS + 4
    Verda (vhuber).........................SW 148.0 lbs GW 145.0 lbs/ CW 150.5 / PROGRESS +2.5 lbs

Amy S (amyls8710)................SW 271 lbs / GW 259 lbs / CW 264 lbs / PROGRESS - 7 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)................SW 146.8 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 144.0 lbs / PROGRESS -2.8 lbs
    B (its_B).....................................SW 210.0 lbs/ GW 200.0lbs/ CW 206.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 1.0 lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).......Not weighing but here!!!
    Amy (amypyr)............................SW 158.7 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 157.6 lbs / PROGRESS -1.1 lbs
    Kelly (redneckwoman)............SW 152.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 149.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.0 lbs
    primalB.....................................SW 137 / GW 128 / CW 132.5 / PROGRESS -4.5 lbs
    Em (greenerme) ......................SW 160.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 157.6 lbs / PROGRESS -2.4 lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...................SW 201 lbs/ GW 190lbs/ CW 198 lbs/ PROGRESS - 3 lbs
    Pam (PamH555).....................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 203.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    moonq8.....................................SW 200.6 lbs / GW 190 lbs/ CW 201.6 lbs/ PROGRESS +1 lbs
  • chipper15173
    Options
    ladies i feel your pain. i was struggling just to stay in the 240ish range for months. trying all different ways. my body just wasn't going to give. i ate right. i exercised almost daily. it is just one foot in front of the other and just going on with life. i don't know what happened to kick mine into gear this week. i won't question it. i will just take it and move on for today. as izzy stated today is all we need to worry about. one hour at a time if that's what you need to do. just keep on doing. you guys are doing great.....

off note. couponers. this week is harris teeters double coupons up to 1.98. you can only use 20. my list is made and i will save over $50. i'll take it.
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Lorna (iftcheiaf).......................SW 142.4 lbs / GW 137.4 lbs / CW 145.4 lbs / PROGRESS +3 lb
    Cathy(chipper).........................SW 241 lbs / GW 235 lbs / CW 237.0 lbs / PROGRESS -4 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)....................SW 185.0 lbs/ GW 179.0 lbs/ CW 177.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 8.0 lbs
    izzypup.......................................SW 187 lbs / GW 180 lbs / CW 183 lbs / PROGRESS -2lbs
    Nicole(nicolee516).................SW 168.4 lbs/GW 165 lbs/ CW 168.4 lbs / PROGRESS - 0 lb
    Tamara (IKnowICan)..............SW 162.0 lbs/GW 157lbs/CW 162.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 0 lb
    Emmie (emmie110)...............SW 218.4 lbs/ GW 209 lbs / CW 218.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.4 lbs
    Tammara (drtamm)................SW 198.0lbs / GW 192 lbs / CW 196.5 lbs / PROGRESS -1.5 lbs
    Alison (ali258)..........................SW 225.8 lbs / GW 219 lbs / CW 224.6 lbs / PROGRESS -1.2 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit)............................SW 146lbs / GW 136 lbs / CW 150 lbs / PROGRESS + 4
    Verda (vhuber).........................SW 148.0 lbs GW 145.0 lbs/ CW 150.5 / PROGRESS +2.5 lbs
    Amy (amypyr)............................SW 158.7 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 157.4 lbs / PROGRESS -1.3 lbs

Amy S (amyls8710)................SW 271 lbs / GW 259 lbs / CW 264 lbs / PROGRESS - 7 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou24)................SW 146.8 lbs / GW 140 lbs / CW 144.0 lbs / PROGRESS -2.8 lbs
    B (its_B).....................................SW 210.0 lbs/ GW 200.0lbs/ CW 206.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 1.0 lbs
    Kelly (redneckwoman)............SW 152.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 149.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.0 lbs
    primalB.....................................SW 137 / GW 128 / CW 132.5 / PROGRESS -4.5 lbs
    Em (greenerme) ......................SW 160.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 157.6 lbs / PROGRESS -2.4 lbs
    Amy (pdxmomof2)...................SW 201 lbs/ GW 190lbs/ CW 198 lbs/ PROGRESS - 3 lbs
    Pam (PamH555).....................SW 203.5lbs / GW 193.5 lbs / CW 203.0 lbs / PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    moonq8.....................................SW 200.6 lbs / GW 190 lbs/ CW 201.6 lbs/ PROGRESS +1 lbs

Whoo hoo!! I lost 0.2 lb this past week! Sorry I've been MIA this past week. Samantha's birthday party was the 6th, then Tony had his Superbowl party, then my parents came in for a couple days, then Tony & I got sick, then the snow Friday night (we were out with the kids at 10 pm making a snowman :smile: ), then Saturday the kids had 2 different birthday parties at 2 different locations, then a Valentine's dinner at my church. I finally got my energy back, but since I've been slacking on exercising while I was sick and slacking on water (drinking more sodas since I was so congested), I feel sluggish. So I was happy with that little weight loss this week because I was expecting a gain!
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Amy (amypyr)............................SW 158.7 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 157.4 lbs / PROGRESS -1.3 lbs
    B (its_B).....................................SW 210.0 lbs/ GW 200.0lbs/ CW 206.2 lbs/ PROGRESS + 0.2

Amy (amypyr)............................SW 158.7 lbs / GW 153 lbs / CW 157.6 lbs / PROGRESS -1.1 lbs

I dont even know what to say about this... I dont understand... I really really really dont... I ran over 13 effing miles, I did zumba, I stayed within my calories, I have swam, I have done step... I just.. Im upset.

Im never going to reach the 180s by my birthday...
    I am feeling down.. Sixers... I dont even know...
    B
  • amypyr
    Options
    Hmm . . . what would I tell my 10 year younger self? I think I would tell me to watch my spending now, try to live off of just Tony's salary and put my paycheck in savings. That would have made things so much easier when the tech industry bottomed out with all the paper techs and good IT people were being laid off a few years ago. We're still recovering.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    B, I love yoga. I am not coordinated enough to enjoy Zumba. :embarassed: I feel like a fool in that class. It's a great workout though. I like yoga because it's challenging (muscular endurance and flexibility) and so relaxing. Yoga is not cardio, I'd classify it as weight training. Zumba is cardio.

Tamm, where is the move? To rural VA? We HAVE to meet up sometime. I'm going to be in Blacksburg in a couple weeks.

Verda, female bodies are such a pain.... :grumble: I hope yours makes a decision and sticks with it soon!!

Allison, CUTE new profile pic!!! I saw a news article about bishops urging people to give up their iPods for Lent. Now THAT is sacrifice!!! :laugh: Last year I gave up FB. I did it too!! It was difficult at first, but became easier as time progressed.

Tiff, considering your schedule, I'm amazed at your progress. But since you are obviously an overachiever :wink:, I applaud you for not being satisfied with your weight. Keep up your great work sweetheart!!!

Tamara, be happy the cake comes all at once!! You can kinda get sick of it all in one month and swear it off!! (Yeah, it's easy for me to SAY that, I'm not in your shoes, right?? :wink:)

Cathy, I love your advice and how you share your thoughts with us. It's inspiring, and usually matches up with what I think!! :smile:

Lula, why are you shoveling food in all day long? I have to ask myself this all the time. Is it because I'm hungry. (rarely) Is it because I'm bored. (Often) Is it because I'm emotionally upset. (DING DING DING, we have a winner for why I eat!!). Try to curb that mindless eating by pinpointing the root cause and dealing with that cause. :flowerforyou:

Cathy, thanks for the tip on doubles at HT! I should take advantage of that!

AmyPyr, how is the church doing? Everything been replaced? Any leads on that thief?? :angry: Glad you didn't have the gain you thought you might!!

B, I retain a LOT of water in my muscles when I work out. Don't be stressed. Day by day. Make a goal for today and keep moving. Don't look so far in the future. Try to refocus on keeping up the work for today, honey. You can still make GREAT progress by your birthday. You might be surprised!!
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wow. Ok so it was really a battle to admit the number I saw on the scale because LIKE YOU Verda I fought to get back under 150 and stayed under it for months ranging from 143-147.. so it wasn't fun to see it back at 150. but you guys ARE THE BEST! I feel so understood and comforted lol. Thanks! I'm on call today for 30 hours so I think I'm going to sneak home at some point to let the dog out before my friend comes to let him out later (and get my jump rope/workout clothes so I can sneak in a workout if things slow down later at night!!!

ALSO I just started using the food tracker here. I am on another website that I use way more frequently and used to track my food there but this one is SOO SOOO SOOOO much easier. WOW. So maybe I will just use this one and see how it works out for me. I only used to come to MFP for the sixers... maybe it's time I use the other resources as well.

Question: Do you guys only eat 1200 cals? because that's what it suggests for me no matter how much I tell it I workout and that seems rather low... but It also says I can "eat back" my calories if I work out? I guess my point is, I want the scale to go down... so I'm not sure if eating back my cals is the best idea either... HELP! :ohwell: :embarassed: :laugh:

Thanks everyone for the support! Cathy, I want to specialize in preventing obesity,etc so by the time I'm a doctor you won't need me! Cause you will be a skinny mini! I was also thinking about psychiatry so I could go at the mental aspects of becoming obese, staying overweight, losing the weight etc.... we shall see. I have to choose soon though. :-)

To answer my own question about my advice for "little" Tiffani,

I would tell her to spend more time relaxing, to believe in herself NO MATTER what, keep faith in God to work it out, and have MORE fun! I've spent too much of my life worrying what other people think of me and no matter how you try you can't please everyone... so you may as well be at peace with yourself. If I could have learned that at 14 I would have had a smoother ride. That being said, my life experiences have made me strong. And I love that I can overcome things... so, I'd tell her to have some fun while overcoming!

p.s. Love the pic Lauren! Let me know when you meet Drtamm maybe I can tag along!
    gotta go! bye :flowerforyou:
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Cathy: Great advice about taking it one day at a time. I was just saying last night that I don't think I'm going to get to my goal for this challenge, and my fiance said "better to slowly lose weight than to slowly gain it." I've been doing this since September, and I've lost 20 lbs. I still feel like I haven't really lost anything, but I can see it in pictures, and I can feel it in some of my clothes that used to be really tight and now have some extra room. Even if it's not as fast as I want it to be, it's one meal and one day at a time, and I'm not miserable at all being healthy this time around.

B: I think I retain water when I start working out, so maybe you're going through that. Stick with it, and see if that weight drops back off. It could just be something your body isn't used to so it's throwing you off.

If I could tell my 17-year-old self something, I would say: Enjoy every minute of college and don't worry about the money because it is all worth it and you will be a better person when you're done. But DO NOT go to law school -- it's very expensive, and you'd be happier being a baker. There is nothing wrong with being a happy baker.

I really hope someday I won't regret law school, but with about a mortgage worth of school debt, it's going to take a while before I'm feeling like it was worth it. I guess I need to win my first big case and see how happy I made someone and how I changed their life, and then it will feel like a better decision.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

-Alison
  • amypyr
    Options
    Cathy, Lauryn - Thanks for asking about my church/computer work! I am so excited because I got caught up on the majorly important piece (info on giving from 2009 for people's taxes). I still have several things that I need to re-create, but I can do those as I get a little extra time here and there.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Tiff, I eat 1400 cals a day. Manually entering 1400 on Pedal's advice (she did this too).
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Tiff- I am struggling with the calorie thing myself. No idea. I upped my base to 1350 this week and I am trying to eat all of my exercise cals....we shall see....something's got to happen.

Do any of you know how to post a picture directly into the thread?
  • chipper15173
    Options
    ohhhhh the pain in my thighs........

glad tomorrow is the last workout for the week. i need the break. it's so much different when using your body weight instead of a machine. we did running outside today. cold and asthma don't mix well. i am a treadmill runner not street. big difference. my chest still hurts.

a nice long bath tonight for sure.

i am the biggest and the newest. so everyon has to help me reach the groups count of reps. cause i am not up to their level. that makes me feel bad, and out of place. but, i will go on. cause i paid my $100 and i can do this for 6 weeks.

bath time, should be hot water now.

later
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    B (its_B).....................................SW 210.0 lbs/ GW 200.0lbs/ CW 206.2 lbs/ PROGRESS + 0.2
    Kelly(redneckwoman).............SW 152.0 lbs/ GW 145.0lbs/ CW 149.0 lbs/ PROGRESS - 3.0 lbs

Soryy I am late checking in...I am having computer problems again. I have to do all my posting down in the garage for now. I need to take my baby (computer) in to find out why my wireless isn't working. I can't do it for awhile so I will be checking in down in the garage. I'll explain later. I just spent 2 days with the att people hours at a time only to find out from them that theres something haywire with my computer. Love to all!!! Need to go!

Kel:heart:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Read some post. Glad everyone is surviving! Its soooooo amazing to me how we can all vary from week to week. Our bodies are just so crazy. LOL. I must say to my sis's post... we all feel like that but owning it again and fixing it is just the better thing to do. What I dislike the most about a HIGHER number is.... All the comments from people who you might tell who think you over ate or just sneak candy bars alllllllllllllllllll day. I mean, losing weight is a BATTLE up and down hill, it may be easy for some to lose and hard to keep off OR hard to lose but easy to maintain. I'm just trying to see my ultimate goal in MY LIFETIME!!!! :)

So.... I'm moving in April and yes that is around the corner Cathy to Danville, VA (Lauryn- closer to you). I can't wait! WELL I mean if someone would move my stuff and just clean my house every week I would be grand!

And today was terrible at work, so glad I'm leaving the place, toooooooo many patients. Decided to vent at the gym for lunch, 30 mins on the elliptical Then after work I went back to the gym for step class. So I'm feeling good AND I get home to a HOUSE that is SCREAMING BRRRRRR! 60 DEGREES ... huh, its set on 72. Yeah, so I call the property manager and she says she will put the call in! WOW thanks! Craziness!

Now I'm gonna cook dinner and watch some tv. Nite Nite ladies!

Tamm
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yeah me, I finally broke the 200 lbs mark.

Starting Weight - Dec 1 - 215
    Current Weight - 199.5

Trying to lose 9.5 lbs by the end of the month.

Also, just had to let everyone know. I found sugar free tropical pops in the freezer the other day. OMG. I hate sugar free stuff because of the aftertaste. but this had none. Tasted like it was made with juice and only 15 calories. Perfect end to the evening.

Did Cardio Monday - friday.
    Water was 4 out of the 7 days
    Was about 1/2 on under calories.