1200-1500 calorie eaters...serious question...

Options

Replies

• SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    1. What's your height/ weight? 5'4, now at 125

2. Do you get REALLY REALLY hungry during the day? If not, was there an adjustment period? Yes...some days are hard and others are easier

3. What do you eat to prevent feeling like death (if you answered that you're not hungry)? lol Just making sure to eat plenty of protein. Plus water and carrots help :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    1. I'm 5'8" & 170 (45 yrs old)

2. & 3. - I was hungry in the beginning but found that my stomach shrunk over time so it got a little easier. However what helped me most, was I recently switched to a very low carb meal plan & increased my proteins & fat. I used to snack on carrots, etc, now I just eat my 3 meals. I feel less bloated & stay full longer. I actually have a hard time eating my alloted calories now so am hoping to see some good results!

I actually thought that this would be the common experience--hunger at first and then an adjustment period. I have been eating less frequently this week (end of semester in school = stress/time crunch) and I'm rather satisfied with loads of fat.
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am always hungry. It's not as bad whempn I have clear broth soups, protein and posts of veggies. I stay away from processed food. I never feel full when I eat that type of food.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I personally think the OP is being very ignorant.
    Some people bodies work just fine on 1500 under calories, yours may not and thats fine thats how your body works. Im not sitting here trying to understand how you can eat so much.

MFP set my calorie intake to 1200 and yet i get slack all the time for it.
    Just because someone is eating a smaller amount of calories then you are doesnt mean they are starving or hungry all the time.

Ignorant? Really? In asking a question? I didn't say OTHER PEOPLE are starving or hungry all the time--I asked if they were. Big difference. Try actually reading the post.

Yes i find you ignorant.

I read the post and i've been reading what you have also been replying to people who are eating under 1500.

As i said before- if you can't eat under 1500 then good for you. Stop trying to understand why other people can.

Your not asking a question, your trying to find people who will justify what they are doing so you can go give your two cents on how you just don't understand how people are not starving from it or how you'd go crazy if you ate so little.

I find you ignorant becasue you don't even know how to use your, you're or then, than correctly.

i could really care less for grammer right now. If it bothers you then don't read it.:laugh:

Lol, she is ignorant for asking a question but you aren't because you have a 3rd grade writing level? By the way, you spelled grammar wrong, so it's obvious it doesn't mean a lot to you.

One more thing, the correct expression is "I couldn't care less."
    Why are you so angry? Take some deep breaths and let the OP fight her own battles.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Some people bodies work just fine on 1500 under calories, yours may not and thats fine thats how your body works. Im not sitting here trying to understand how you can eat so much.

Just because someone is eating a smaller amount of calories then you are doesnt mean they are starving or hungry all the time.

Ignorant? Really? In asking a question? I didn't say OTHER PEOPLE are starving or hungry all the time--I asked if they were. Big difference. Try actually reading the post.

Yes i find you ignorant.

I read the post and i've been reading what you have also been replying to people who are eating under 1500.

As i said before- if you can't eat under 1500 then good for you. Stop trying to understand why other people can.

Your not asking a question, your trying to find people who will justify what they are doing so you can go give your two cents on how you just don't understand how people are not starving from it or how you'd go crazy if you ate so little.

I find you ignorant becasue you don't even know how to use your, you're or then, than correctly.

i could really care less for grammer right now. If it bothers you then don't read it.:laugh:

Lol, she is ignorant for asking a question but you aren't because you have a 3rd grade writing level? By the way, you spelled grammar wrong, so it's obvious it doesn't mean a lot to you.

Like i said she's not asking a question, she’s trying to find people who will justify their reasoning’s for eating "low calories".

I could care less for grammAR while im on the forums as im not here to impress anyone :happy:
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Yes i find you ignorant.

Why are you so angry? Take some deep breaths and let the OP fight her own battles.

I am neither angry nor fighting her battles for her. Stupid people bother me. How can you call someone ignorant for asking questions when you can't spell better than a 3rd grader?
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1. What's your height/ weight?

5'4" and 187 (goal 145)

2. Do you get REALLY REALLY hungry during the day? If not, was there an adjustment period?

I do not. I eat through most of the day, in smaller quantities. and I try for things filled with fiber.
    I am noticing that I am getting fuller faster, but I have also increased my water intake. i went from 80-100 ounces a day to 120-140 a day, which I am feeling healthier, my skin is way better, but i am peeing every four minutes.

3. What do you eat to prevent feeling like death (if you answered that you're not hungry)?

If i feel low I eat oranges or something i've found that really helps is gatorade. I only have it when I feel like passing out (which seems to happen more as I am exercising more) or a banana. I find that something easily digestable helps and keeps me going. I tried nuts and that made me feel worse.
    Options

Yes i find you ignorant.

Like i said she's not asking a question, she’s trying to find people who will justify their reasoning’s for eating "low calories".

I could care less for grammAR while im on the forums as im not here to impress anyone :happy:

and I guess you KNOW what I'm trying to do because you're in my head right? I addressed what you alleged and you didn't respond. Clearly you're the one trying to incite an argument. Please grow up.
  • Stormborn25
    Options
    For about a year I ate 1200-600 or less cals net a day. Now I aim for 1600 cals, minimum 1400 net

1. What's your height/ weight?
    5"4 - 132 (in the previous year I got down to 115, then I went slightly crazy bingey, not caring for about four or 5 months. Then I started lifting weights)

2. Do you get REALLY REALLY hungry during the day? If not, was there an adjustment period?
    I used to in the 1200 and under stage. I'd eat a lot a little bit throughout the day. Now-a-days not so much, if I do get hungry I eat, seems natural and fine.

3. What do you eat to prevent feeling like death (if you answered that you're not hungry)?
    I didn't realise I felt like death until I started eating more. I was always tense and strained and exhausted. I was moody and highly strung. And my nails, hair and skin weren't happy. Now-a-days I feel great.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Clearly you're the one trying to incite an argument. Please grow up.

Your OP did a pretty good job of that actually
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Yes i find you ignorant.

OK, so what is the problem with that? I didn't see her attack anyone. It didn't bother me and I eat 1300-1500 myself. Also, if you COULD care less, then you SHOULD care less. Like I said before, the correct expression for what you are TRYING to say is "I couldn't care less." I am sure the reason that you don't know the difference between then, than, your and you're is that you aren't trying to impress anyone. Haha. "I guess I will just use all of these words incorrectly on purpose so that no one is impressed by me"
  • a1sara
    Options
    I'm in the Petite Clan, and I'm on the 1200-calories-per-day goal. I've lost weight a couple of times (damn yoyo) and now have a goal to loose and keep off the excess. Every time I began the process, I was constantly hungry for the first week or so! Here is how I handle this, and how it balances out after a while.

1. Track foods for a week or so when I start up a weight loss program, without judgement. My habits begin to improve during this process, but the goal here is to see what I eat, how many calories, and consider how to adjust that without starving.

2. Change what I eat. Instead of a sandwich (two pieces of bread, 4 oz of lunchmeat, 2 oz of cheese, some token lettuce & tomato), I try to remember a big green salad, with 1 piece of bread and either the lunchmeat (2 oz) or the cheese (1 oz), not both. Then I put the dressing on the side (or sometimes skip it completely and use a wedge of lemon instead).

3. Exercise! The more exercise, the more we can eat.

4. Water. When I start feeling hungry - especially when I have just eaten something - I have a glass of water, then wait 20 minutes to see how I feel. Often times we are actually thirsty when we think we're hungry.
    Options

I had several pages of NO ARGUMENTS and people simply responding--so it wasn't me that incited the arguments but the people insisting that there was something inherently wrong with asking a question.
    Options
    I'm in the Petite Clan, and I'm on the 1200-calories-per-day goal. I've lost weight a couple of times (damn yoyo) and now have a goal to loose and keep off the excess. Every time I began the process, I was constantly hungry for the first week or so! Here is how I handle this, and how it balances out after a while.

1. Track foods for a week or so when I start up a weight loss program, without judgement. My habits begin to improve during this process, but the goal here is to see what I eat, how many calories, and consider how to adjust that without starving.

2. Change what I eat. Instead of a sandwich (two pieces of bread, 4 oz of lunchmeat, 2 oz of cheese, some token lettuce & tomato), I try to remember a big green salad, with 1 piece of bread and either the lunchmeat (2 oz) or the cheese (1 oz), not both. Then I put the dressing on the side (or sometimes skip it completely and use a wedge of lemon instead).

3. Exercise! The more exercise, the more we can eat.

4. Water. When I start feeling hungry - especially when I have just eaten something - I have a glass of water, then wait 20 minutes to see how I feel. Often times we are actually thirsty when we think we're hungry.

Great answer. thank you for being so thorough. I love the exercise point--I think it should be incorporated and that an increase in calories is a great benefit.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

I had several pages of NO ARGUMENTS and people simply responding--so it wasn't me that incited the arguments but the people insisting that there was something inherently wrong with asking a question.

Yet in your responses you make it quite clear that you are "not on board" with a diet less than 1500 calories, not for yourself, but in general. So why would you need to post this if you don't agree with people eating less than 1500 calories?

You're inciting argument, that's why.

I love arguments. I just think you're a hypocrite for calling someone else childish for feeding into the argument that you started.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Yes i find you ignorant.

and I guess you KNOW what I'm trying to do because you're in my head right? I addressed what you alleged and you didn't respond. Clearly you're the one trying to incite an argument. Please grow up.

No im not in your head but MFP forums are full of ignorant people like yourself who think that they know everything, and somehow know whats best for everyone.

Such a typical situation on MFP.

As for not responding to what you said.....I said what i did because i've seen your posts before on other topics and the message you have on your profile saying "2. If you NET less than 1200 calories I will likely gently nudge and then delete without further warning. (unless you are rather tiny and/or logging in a way that makes this make sense)"
    Yet again your body doe not function the way others may so what may make sense to them doesn't to you and because of that you will just go and delete someone after "gently nudging" them?
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the OP asking this question AT ALL, and I'm a 1200 cal eater.
    why?
    because a lot of people on this forum say things like, "you go have fun starving yourself... i'm going to eat a pizza." without knowing if low cal eaters are even hungry!
    They also don't often take into consideration the low cal eater's height or age - and I feel that contributes to why a person might be eating lower cals than someone else.

If this thread helps dispel the myth that 1200 calorie eaters are cranky, hungry, malnourished, and listless, then great. No, it's not right for everyone and some people can't do it - I get that. I'm sure it's hard for people who need to eat more to understand how anyone can eat less... and now you know... for SOME people, it's not an issue.

OP- don't worry... I know why people get defensive, but you were not judgmental or ignorant at all.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    the 3 of you should just stop, because your all saying things and slingling crap that just makes you look silly. c'mon...
    Options

Yet in your responses you make it quite clear that you are "not on board" with a diet less than 1500 calories, not for yourself, but in general. So why would you need to post this if you don't agree with people eating less than 1500 calories?

You're inciting argument, that's why.

I love arguments. I just think you're a hypocrite for calling someone else childish for feeding into the argument that you started.

I said it--not in my original post--in response to someone's post. I can be against something and seek to understand it. I don't think that's inciting an argument or hypocritical in the slightest. I also explain my stance on the situation--in a very cordial and composed manner; these people are showing no such tact. A bit different in my opinion than the approach I've chosen to take--SEEKING TO UNDERSTAND an approach you're against is not inciting an argument. People ask about low carb diets--despite being against them; intermittent fasting--despite being against it; and diet pills--despite being against it. Is this any different? No.
    Options
    I don't mind the OP asking this question AT ALL, and I'm a 1200 cal eater.
    why?
    because a lot of people on this forum say things like, "you go have fun starving yourself... i'm going to eat a pizza." without knowing if low cal eaters are even hungry!
    They also don't often take into consideration the low cal eater's height or age - and I feel that contributes to why a person might be eating lower cals than someone else.

If this thread helps dispel the myth that 1200 calorie eaters are cranky, hungry, malnourished, and listless, then great. No, it's not right for everyone and some people can't do it - I get that. I'm sure it's hard for people who need to eat more to understand how anyone can eat less... and now you know... for SOME people, it's not an issue.

OP- don't worry... I know why people get defensive, but you were not judgmental or ignorant at all.

Thank you for being so understanding. I truly just don't UNDERSTAND and that was my intent--people always expect the worst from others despite a CLEAR attempt by the person to be respectful.