1200-1500 calorie eaters...serious question...

Options

Replies

• BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1. What's your height/ weight? im 5'7 and i weigh 155lbs

2. Do you get REALLY REALLY hungry during the day? If not, was there an adjustment period?
    i eat small meals throughout the day so i dont allow myself to get hungry.

3. What do you eat to prevent feeling like death (if you answered that you're not hungry)?
    i eat a lot of fiber which is probably what keeps me full throughout the day
  • BalenciaLynn
    Options
    Some people bodies work just fine on 1500 under calories, yours may not and thats fine thats how your body works. Im not sitting here trying to understand how you can eat so much.

MFP set my calorie intake to 1200 and yet i get slack all the time for it.
    Just because someone is eating a smaller amount of calories then you are doesnt mean they are starving or hungry all the time.

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been edited due to violations of guideline #01****
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Honestly... I've been doing this so long. I've had so much time to play around with what works for me and what doesn't. Clearly, what works for me....... works for me. When I was in the process of learning and loosing and being superior, I found myself falling into the "Well this clearly works (for me), so everyone should do this" way of thinking. It's easy to do.

Now? Pfffffffft. No.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I personally think the OP is being very ignorant.
    Some people bodies work just fine on 1500 under calories, yours may not and thats fine thats how your body works. Im not sitting here trying to understand how you can eat so much.

Just because someone is eating a smaller amount of calories then you are doesnt mean they are starving or hungry all the time.

Ignorant? Really? In asking a question? I didn't say OTHER PEOPLE are starving or hungry all the time--I asked if they were. Big difference. Try actually reading the post.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

All of this. I'm glad you get to eat so much more, good for you. If I ate that much I'd gain like CRAZY.

I don't find myself struggling on 1200 and according to my DR I'm healthier than I've ever been.
  • BalenciaLynn
    Options

Ignorant? Really? In asking a question? I didn't say OTHER PEOPLE are starving or hungry all the time--I asked if they were. Big difference. Try actually reading the post.

Yes i find you ignorant.

I read the post and i've been reading what you have also been replying to people who are eating under 1500.

As i said before- if you can't eat under 1500 then good for you. Stop trying to understand why other people can.

Your not asking a question, your trying to find people who will justify what they are doing so you can go give your two cents on how you just don't understand how people are not starving from it or how you'd go crazy if you ate so little.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My calories are set to 1500 and I find it generally works for me, if I'm extra hungry (like I was last week) I'll eat though. I find that I can get enough nutrients and get full of off 1500 though.

Question for the OP if she sees this - What's your activity level? I can see 1800 if you are fairly active but if you can lose on that and be completely sedentary...well, I'm jealous :smile:
    Options

Yes i find you ignorant.

I read the post and i've been reading what you have also been replying to people who are eating under 1500.

As i said before- if you can't eat under 1500 then good for you. Stop trying to understand why other people can.

Your not asking a question, your trying to find people who will justify what they are doing so you can go give your two cents on how you just don't understand how people are not starving from it or how you'd go crazy if you ate so little.

Well that's YOUR problem for reading into the question--maybe those are YOUR feelings that you are venting about. If someone asks me why I'm against such a restrictive diet then I'm going to give an answer--I've been respectful; you're being RUDE and immature.

I had a legitimate question to which I wanted LEGITIMATE answers--do you see me attacking anyone or even responding negatively to ANYONE or telling anyone they're starving themselves who did not first ask me a question or engage me in such a discussion? No.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Can you read? Did you read?
    Options

All of this. I'm glad you get to eat so much more, good for you. If I ate that much I'd gain like CRAZY.

I don't find myself struggling on 1200 and according to my DR I'm healthier than I've ever been.
    Oh thank you. I appreciate the OP bashing. Whatever.
  • moosegt35
    Options

Yes i find you ignorant.

I find you ignorant becasue you don't even know how to use your, you're or then, than correctly.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and 126lbs, 18%bf
    Currently I am on a 1200 +/- cal meal plan and no I do not get hungry for the most part, but if I do, I eat a little more. I will generally only feel hungar on my heavy lifting days and those are days when I may add 100-200 extra calories.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    1. I'm 5'8" & 170 (45 yrs old)

2. & 3. - I was hungry in the beginning but found that my stomach shrunk over time so it got a little easier. However what helped me most, was I recently switched to a very low carb meal plan & increased my proteins & fat. I used to snack on carrots, etc, now I just eat my 3 meals. I feel less bloated & stay full longer. I actually have a hard time eating my alloted calories now so am hoping to see some good results!
  • BalenciaLynn
    Options

Yes i find you ignorant.

I find you ignorant becasue you don't even know how to use your, you're or then, than correctly.

i could really care less for grammer right now. If it bothers you then don't read it.:laugh:
  • worldgirl28
    Options
    I am 5'9" and weigh 245 lbs.

I eat between 1300 - 1800 calories/day.

I don't get hungry. Idk. Maybe water helps - I drink a lot. I've never felt super hungry but I do find myself feeling full very quickly so I split my meals up into 5 or 6 per day.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    1. What's your height/ weight? 5'-0"

2. Do you get REALLY REALLY hungry during the day? If not, was there an adjustment period? At lunch only.

3. What do you eat to prevent feeling like death (if you answered that you're not hungry)? Nothing. I feel awesome!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you didn't mean to upset the apple cart or anything, you're just merely curious
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    cw: 152
    Calorie goal 1500-1600

Um, this is difficult for me because no matter how much I'm eating, I always feel a little hungry unless I'm full to the point of sickness.
    At 1200/day I would go so many days and be fine and then binge
    At 1500 I'm good. I keep my hunger under control and if I'm feeling hungry for no apparent reason and I've eaten, I go for the ice water or plain tea
  • moosegt35
    Options

Yes i find you ignorant.

i could really care less for grammer right now. If it bothers you then don't read it.:laugh:

Lol, she is ignorant for asking a question but you aren't because you have a 3rd grade writing level? By the way, you spelled grammar wrong, so it's obvious it doesn't mean a lot to you.

One more thing, the correct expression is "I couldn't care less."
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have stuck to the 1200 calorie limit for 4 - 5 months now and at first it was really tough (I was hungry alot etc) but now Its just normal and I don't feel half as hungry as I used to. I think you just get used to it.

You have to find low calorie foods that you can eat alot of to make you feel like you're having normal sized meals. I make sure to drink enough water and herbal teas - that helps keep you full between meals. Also keeping busy helps because if you're bored then you'll just focus on your hunger!

If you think 1200 is too low for you and you'd probably binge or give up then it probably is. It all depends on the person.

This. You can eat a lot of fresh greens and quite a bit of fruit while still getting in protein to stay at 1200. I'm 5'7" and now at about 171 and hope to be to 155 (my 1st GW) in the next few months. My starting weight many years ago was 383.