cookies!

Options

Replies

• Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My sisters, my niece and I get together each year to bake dozens of cookies to give to family and friends:
    Sugar cookies (cut out and frosted with sprinkles)
    Jam thumprints (tried lemon with raspberry jam this year)
    Chocolate haystacks
    Oreo truffles (new this year - yum!)
    Cornflake cookies (1 bag butterscotch chips, 3/4 c. peanut butter and 6 cups cornflakes) - melt chips and pb, mix in CF and drop by rounded spoonfuls onto baking pan, let harden.

My personal favorite though is dipped cookies. Take Ritz cracker and add peanut butter, add 2nd Ritz cracker to make "sandwich". Put into freezer for peanut butter to harden. Get 1 block of chocolate almond bark and melt. Dip cracker/peanut butter sandwich into the chocolate and then put sprinkles on top. Put in refrigerator for chocolate to set. Tastes just like a candy bar!
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    you guys are all so helpful!!!
    im thinking i might go with these
    http://www.food.com/recipe/snickerdoodle-blondies-384800
    what do ya think??
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Here's the recipe....you know....just incase....

What You Need:

36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided

1pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

16oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

Make It:

RESERVE 1/4 cup cookie crumbs. Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until blended.

SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.

**Note: I would refrigerate the balls (that sounds so wrong lol) before dipping in the chocolate. So they don't fall apart.

im having a new years party, these are now totally making the list of foods. thank you
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    You use it all.

They will look like this....

oreo-truffles.jpg

I've had them with white choc and milk dark choc coating. It didn't really make a difference to me. They were both good!

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Yum!!! Those look incredible!!! Thanks for the recipe!!!
  • AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
  • rosinashb
    Options
    The oreo cookie-balls are popular here in New Zealand- a friend pokes them onto a staw and places them in a glass with a ribbon round it- to serve.Makes them look like a bunch of flowers- looks amazing! I have made them but instead of melted chocolate I iced them with a dark choc- icing with some liquer in it- bl##dy awsum if I say so myself.
  • djames92
    Options
    oreo cookie balls seem to be a favorite lol
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    http://foodgawker.com/post/category/dessert/

It's like window shopping for recipes.
  • djames92
    Options
    http://foodgawker.com/post/category/dessert/

It's like window shopping for recipes.
    this site rocks!
  • stephgreene
    Options
    I've seen people get regular cookie dough, but stick and oreo inside and bake them that way... Looked awesome and pretty simple!
  • djames92
    Options
    I've seen people get regular cookie dough, but stick and oreo inside and bake them that way... Looked awesome and pretty simple!
    that does sound easy and delicious!!
  • mbryanlpc
    mbryanlpc Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Um, OMG, sounds incredible, those Oreo cookie balls!
    Not a cookie, but I made chocolate covered Bugles for Christmas candy!! SOOOO good. Just melt white chocolate bark, dip Bugles in the bark, let it cool on wax paper until dried. Delish!!! Have a great Christmas dude!! :D
  • djames92
    Options
    Um, OMG, sounds incredible, those Oreo cookie balls!
    Not a cookie, but I made chocolate covered Bugles for Christmas candy!! SOOOO good. Just melt white chocolate bark, dip Bugles in the bark, let it cool on wax paper until dried. Delish!!! Have a great Christmas dude!! :D
    those sound awesome! maybe put green and red sprinkles on them so theyre christmasy lol
  • Kay203
    Kay203 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • mbryanlpc
    mbryanlpc Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    They would look like little Christmas trees!! Brilliant :D
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options

What You Need:

Make It:

RESERVE 1/4 cup cookie crumbs. Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until blended.

SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.

**Note: I would refrigerate the balls (that sounds so wrong lol) before dipping in the chocolate. So they don't fall apart.

Holy wow that sounds delicious.

(I don't really have anything constructive to say, I just wanted to post so I would remember to come back to this recipe and try it!)
  • Cntrygal81
    Cntrygal81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bumping 'cause I saw a few great ideas that I don't want to forget!
  • djames92
    Options

What You Need:

Make It:

Holy wow that sounds delicious.

(I don't really have anything constructive to say, I just wanted to post so I would remember to come back to this recipe and try it!)
    fair enough haha