Beautiful Blues 2/15/10

Options
challenge14.JPG

Here is the new chart. Some of us did grea this week. I for one did not. It's back on the wagon for me. Amazing what a few days of eating with abandon will do! Lets keep at it and make this week a stellar one!

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Work it hard this week blues!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Great job Blues! So many loses this week! Let's keep it up.

Chrissy- Congrats on your accomplishment. Do you have any plans to celebrate or rewards?

tttthumper- thanks for the info. I did some research on Ketosis and read that your body can't go into it if you eat more than100 g carbs. I plan to eat the 100g of carbs or maybe more because I don't want to go into ketosis, even if people say it's not harmful. I still have not found out what Jillian Michael's thinks about eating your exercise calories. I read through "Winning by losing" and am now reading "Making the cut" and she does not mention it at all. It's interesting to read here in MFP the science about eating back your exercise calories. I would also like to know what Jillian thinks since she's so popular.

Debnu- I got the greek yogurt and I love it!!! I put honey and blackstrap molasses in it and it's great!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    OK, it's a new week. I know the challenge is over, but I think that we still need this. OK, team huddle . . . on three . . . GO BLUES!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Wow!! Great job Blues! So many loses this week! Let's keep it up.

Chrissy- Congrats on your accomplishment. Do you have any plans to celebrate or rewards?

tttthumper- thanks for the info. I did some research on Ketosis and read that your body can't go into it if you eat more than100 g carbs. I plan to eat the 100g of carbs or maybe more because I don't want to go into ketosis, even if people say it's not harmful. I still have not found out what Jillian Michael's thinks about eating your exercise calories. I read through "Winning by losing" and am now reading "Making the cut" and she does not mention it at all. It's interesting to read here in MFP the science about eating back your exercise calories. I would also like to know what Jillian thinks since she's so popular.

Debnu- I got the greek yogurt and I love it!!! I put honey and blackstrap molasses in it and it's great!!

how do you like the book making the cut??
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    I have been pretty good about counting calories and staying within my calories for the week however, I haven't been exercising because of me not feeling good. ugh. I have a doc. appointment tomorrow so I'm hoping things will start looking up.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Aii... I joined awhile ago, then dropeed out when my scale broke and I fell off the wagon.
    I'd like to join again. When are weigh-ins?
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Great job this week blues! Lets keep it going.

I am loving all the information about carbs and ketosis... keep us in the loop tttthumper and Almomay.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone - Got my workout in after work yesterday, felt great. 750 calories burned.
    I work dayshift this week, so will be working out when I get home.

I don't know much at all about ketosis, sorry can't contribute much about it.

Go Blues go.

What's the saying 5 more weeks of Winter or so? or you could say 150 days.
    I like thinking it's only 3 paychecks away :laugh: :noway:
  • thumper44
    Options
    Aii... I joined awhile ago, then dropeed out when my scale broke and I fell off the wagon.
    I'd like to join again. When are weigh-ins?

Welcome again mfpfriend. You don't need a scale to contribue to the forums :wink: In fact some of us probably have threatened to throw out our scale at one time or another.
    Weigh-ins have been on Monday's.
    Just remember the scale is not the only form of measurment of weight loss :wink:

Good luck.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    No big plans to celebrate - the old me would have pigged out - I splurged on 1 oreo!

I hope to get some Bose earbuds :love: but I want to be sure they'll stay in my ears when I am sweaty!:sick:

I am actually shooting for 100 now but I didn't change my goal since it's been my official goal all along - I'll just let my ticker keep moving!
  • thumper44
    Options
    Go Chrissy Go!!!!

You can do it!!! Let's see that 100 mark.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Chrissy you are amazing and inspiring to me. Keep up the great work!!:drinker:

I have not been feeling well at all--I have decided I have a major chest cold. I gave up on exercising today in hopes of feeling well enough to do it tomorrow. I tried out the podrunner podcast yesterday and really liked it--I might have overdone it a little, however.

Welcome back MFP friend... Just send your weight to me on Monday and I will get you in the chart.

Almomay, I am so glad that you like the greek yogurt. I have stopped buying sour cream and just use the plain instead now. I can't wait until all the yoplait I have is gone--I will never stray from greek again!

I was trying to find the minimum amount of carbs a person should eat--having the 100 number to avoid ketosis would be it I think. Thanks for sharing!

Take care everyone, I am going to go read a book and watch a movie while drink tons of water and emergen-C!

:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    welcome back mfpfriend

debnu-hope you feel better!

peter way to work hard-750 calories!!!!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    chrissyh - CONGRATS!!!
  • dawn717
    dawn717 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. We were finally able to get aout and about after all the snow here! I took my son to a movie and just enjoyed the day out.
    Good job everyone.
    It was so hard for me not to turn to all the comfort foods while being snowed in, but I guess shoveling compensates a lot for any temptations. I didn't gain, so that was good. Can't wait to get back to the gym today!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hi dawn, I will get you on the chart for next week. I hope that you stay safe and warm with all the snow about. I sometimes wish we had more we are in warming trends here and now I am starting to get spring fever!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    chrissyh- WTG on getting to your goal. I'm so very proud of you.

I have had some medical problems. I was in the ER today and they couldn't find anything wrong. I don't know what the hell is going on with me right now. I have gained about 10lbs back. :sad: All I want to do i sit and cry. I worked so hard and now I'm not at square one however can't believe it happened. :cry:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hi Blues,

jg- Take care of yourself.

It seems like everyone is on point and motivated! Just finished another project for school and submitted it. I only have time to get in 20 minutes of the 30 day shred today. But something is something.

Take care all!!!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    chrissyh- WTG on getting to your goal. I'm so very proud of you.

I have had some medical problems. I was in the ER today and they couldn't find anything wrong. I don't know what the hell is going on with me right now. I have gained about 10lbs back. :sad: All I want to do i sit and cry. I worked so hard and now I'm not at square one however can't believe it happened. :cry:

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, and pray that you will be better soon. However, please remember: You are NOT at square one! Look at your ticker! Even if you haven't added the 10 lb. back in, you have still lost a lot of weight! I know that it is discouraging to gain some of the weight back (been there done that), but please don't lose sight of your goals and don't forget what you really have accomplished! You can do this! I noticed in an earlier post that you have a dr. appt. coming up, so hopefully, you will get some help there.

I am kind of in a funk today. I gave blood, which pleases me a lot. I hadn't been able to give for a while due to low iron, but with my new healthy lifestyle, I passed with flying colors. However, I am finding that it is zapping my energy tonight. And they told me not to go swimming tonight - didn't realize how much I would miss that. However, I am just rejoicing that I was able to help out some unknown someone somewhere with my blood again, and knowing that my day will dawn brightly again tomorrow. Speaking of which, I had better get to bed. Good night all!