Rate your fear of Christmas food on a scale of 1 - 10

Options

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that someone will try to feed me mushrooms or heaven forbid commercial fruitcake. I do not however fear I'll eat too much food. Mushrooms are gross and commercial fruitcake is awful especially when I've had excellent homemade fruitcake.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Lol Can I say -5. Because it's just another day that I get to hang out with my new extended family and have a boatload of fun. I'm here for my physical health and well being not because I wanted to lose weight. That is just the added bonus.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Where is the zero? Food is not to be feared. As long as no one is serving liver and onions to me this season, I am fearless.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    0/10

Why on earth would I have a fear of food?

Think about it logically. How could a couple of days of over-indulgence possibly outweigh years of healthy lifestyle???

This this this WINNER DING DING DING :flowerforyou:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that someone will try to feed me mushrooms or heaven forbid commercial fruitcake. I do not however fear I'll eat too much food. Mushrooms are gross and commercial fruitcake is awful especially when I've had excellent homemade fruitcake.

I'll agree with you on that! This is the one time of year when I get my fix of homemade 8 hour steamed Christmas pudding (soaked in brandy custard of course), and I aint skipping that for anything! :drinker:
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Last year I would have said 10.. this year I'm about a 3... I've got a workout schedule planned out and as long as I get my workouts in when I can and don't go completely insane.. I think everything will be okay. You gotta live! You gotta celebrate!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Absolutely 0 fear here!

I've only been using MFP for about 6 weeks now, but I can already tell you there is no reason to have a fear of holiday food. I know that the Christmas food typically lingers a lot longer than Thanksgiving does, but over that Holiday I went two straight days without logging anything that I ate and thoroughly enjoying myself (I mean I didn't go insane, but I didn't completely restrain myself either) and when I stepped on the scale on my weigh in day the next week I had still lost a pound. Having a couple of days of enjoying some christmas cookies and pie will not undo all of your hard work, I promise. Plus, I view this as a lifestyle change and I can guarantee that I will not being living the rest of my life in fear of overindulging on the Holidays so why start now. That's just my opinion though. :smile:
  • Saiava
    Saiava Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hmm....2 for me. Kinda worried about possible weight gain and sabotaging the effort I put into weight loss; however, it's the holidays, and I will not care. I want to stuff my face with all the yummy goodness, and I won't log anything for two days! Besides, I have almost a week after that to be a good girl and burn of the holiday goodies. :)

Relax, enjoy the food and family. It's only two days. ^^
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Honestly, at least a 6 or 7. I have at least 3 different invitations to family and friends Holiday meals plus my work feeds us if we work xmas (which i will be) plus plus there are other contractors in my work area that offer xmas meals.

Everyone in my town is on shift work so unfortunately most of these meals will all be on different days. It will be hard to politely refuse peoples good will but Im aiming to have small portion sizes at all meals I end up attending.

I wont even get started on how much I love eggnog and rum :sad: I guess I'll stick to a glass of wine instead.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    0/10. I'll eat as much as I want of whatever I want and enjoy every. single. bite. If it takes me over my calories for a day or two, I'll get back on the horse afterward and carry on - it's not the end of the world.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'd say 6-7. For the whole holiday season, not just Christmas. I'm going home for about 3 weeks, which means 3 weeks of visiting friends and family and lots of desserts and food I haven't had for a long time. Plus, I won't have wifi all the time and most probably I won't be able to weigh myself so often. I'll try to keep track of what I'm eating at least in a notebook and go for walks, but I'm quite worried. Travel always messes up with my diet and I have a hard time getting back on schedule again. I hope I can do better this time.
  • vickiaf
    vickiaf Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't fear that I will over indulge because I can't stop eating, but I do feel a bit of a "spoil sport" when everyone is saying yay it's christmas and I'm trying to still control my food and treats. It is definately a mentality I have to change as being healthy is more important to me than pleasing people with what I eat and drink.

That being said I will still enjoy what I want to eat, and try to ignore the "spoil sport" feeling :)
  • nicpap617
    nicpap617 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    0/10

Why on earth would I have a fear of food?

Think about it logically. How could a couple of days of over-indulgence possibly outweigh years of healthy lifestyle???

I'm with you on this!!!

Like on thanksgiving, I got a nice workout in (1 hour of kickboxing) in the AM... luckily my gym was still teaching the class that morning and then I cook and enjoy the food and cocktails. It's one day. The next day, get up and resume your regular healthy lifestyle :) Happy holidays everyone!
  • ynotcycle
    ynotcycle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I fear the lack of Christmas food!!!!!!!! scale 10^10 :P

OM NOM
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Can't say I've really thought about it, if I really fancy something then I'll have it. What's to fear, if you have a bit too much then just go for a longer run/workout no reason to worry.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    0/10

I really feel sorry for people who worry about relaxing and enjoying themselves over Christmas.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    A few days of eating what you like within reason, and eating around or just above maintenance will encourage the body to feel it is not starving, and indeed leptin levels MAY rise if you calm your dieting for a week or say. You'll no doubt gain a few pounds of WATER but DO NOT confuse for fat - impossible. Enjoy xmas, don't fear it.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

The food better fear me!