Rate your fear of Christmas food on a scale of 1 - 10

Options

Replies

• makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    first world problems.

"OMG OMG OMG I hate Christmas! there's so much food around!"

puh-leeeease! and there are kids starving.
    Ironic on a weight loss website... don't demean other people's problems/worries just because they're not 'a kid starving in africa' or 'homeless' etc.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    first world problems.

"OMG OMG OMG I hate Christmas! there's so much food around!"

puh-leeeease! and there are kids starving.
    Ironic on a weight loss website... don't demean other people's problems/worries just because they're not 'a kid starving in africa' or 'homeless' etc.
    They do have a point though. Everything needs to be put in perspective.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I think if the title of this thread had been "Rate your fear of weight gain over the Christmas period on a scale of 1-10" there would have been a lot of different responses...
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    -10. I'm going home to the US for the first time in nearly 2 years and I'm going to EAT ALL THE FOODS! If I gain a few pounds in the process I'll get rid of them in January. Life is too short!
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    8/10...because I fear the ability and talent of the Christmas cook this year. She doesn't make the best meals, in my book, and I would actually like to enjoy the Christmas food festivities.
  • bebewate
    bebewate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1000! Of course it isn't healthy to fear food!! It also isn't healthy to be obese. But i'm working on it!:heart:
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    I'm going to say 1/10.

I'm staying in a hotel apartment that has a pool, gym, exercise track and there's a gym nearby that is part of my home gym chain (which gives me free access) so I'm currently preparing the list of things I need to take with me (eg Protein powders and my mini blender) and the list of things to purchase from the supermarket on the first day we arrive. It's an 8 day long trip and we're planning to attend 2-3 xmas functions while there. So long as I stick to my current workout schedule, those few meals won't ruin my hard work and by maintaining routine, it won't be too hard to come back to "real life" after the holidays.

Remember to keep your water intake up everyone, it's so important!

Good luck :D
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    0 for me..I intend to enjoy my Christmas
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    0/10

My mother is coming to me for the first time EVER. so:
    1) I get to cook a roast myself with no interference (besides which she's so short she can't reach any of my shelves, mwah ha haaaa)

2) The "worst" thing that will happen is that I probably won't rotate between meat, fish, vegetarian as I tend to do, as we plough our way through 101 options for chicken... I'm thinking Roast on Xmas day, Croquettes, Coronation Chicken... and then after that I run out of ideas!

3) I know I am quite fortunate as I asked my mum NOT to buy the ridinkdonk amounts of sweets and snacks that she used to when I see her once a month. She LISTENED, and over successive months, she's been quite fascinated with the whole concept. I know people have friends/partners who push, and I am so lucky... but that means that when she comes up for Xmas, I intend to spoil her a bit... but with some healthy things I have learned for dessert - like Baked Bananas (just over 100 cals), apple crumble (a couple of hundred). Ok so the Brioche Bread and Butter pudding for Xmas day and Boxing day is possibly NOT as healthy but hey... it happens!

4) Same lovely parent is buying me an HRM for Xmas - so... even if I sneak close to/over my TDEE, it is only for a few days and then it will be back to normal,. and hopefully a lot more accurate calorie burn measurements to start 2013.

What I AM scared of... in fact so terrified I have hidden the footstool, is if she decides to re-organise my larder. When I moved to my house, I spent bloody months saying to myself: "If I was a baking tray, where would my mum have hidden me...?"
    Woman CAN reach the contents of the freezer, so I am resigned to the fact that my diligent re-ordering of drawers for veggies, protein, packaged/frozen leftovers will need overhauling in the new year.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Less than zero. I do not give food any thought, except the fact that I need it to live. It doesn't rule any part of my life. There are so many things in life to think about, without dwelling on stupid crap.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I think if the title of this thread had been "Rate your fear of weight gain over the Christmas period on a scale of 1-10" there would have been a lot of different responses...

True my friend,
    for both I'd reply 0 then

I may sound like an old fart, but I never get the whole "fest until you die since we're celebrating" concept. I think enjoying doesn't necessarily implies a huge calories load, being open to new culinary discoveries and appreciate that goes against any binge i'd say, (it's like a good wine :drinker: ) Now if one needs celebrating times for pigging out, it's one another story (strict diet or ED maybe)

Weight wise, it may fluctuate, but does that really change the very same efficiency of the metabolism and the health you achieve to improve all year round' ?
    Like I say "ain't a contest, no rush" :laugh:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Two fears:
    1/ My son might get to the roast gammon before me. (He's faster but I'm meaner...)
    2/ When I offer people my vintage port they might accept.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Zero fear

I am doing the cooking, 90% will be made healthy, the other 10% well it has all the time honored traditions of fattening cookies and treats. It is 1 day with family and friends and is meant to be enjoyed
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself, but just don't go over the top :smile: As long as you have control over your portion sizes you'll be fine!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand this sentiment because the only time of year when you have access to unhealthy food is xmas...

...wait, you have a car?

...and their's plenty of restaurants that are open in the other 11 months of the year near you?

...and they serve tasty, high calorie foods?

***MIND BLOWN***
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options

I know I'm going to over eat, but I'm fine with that. Will my excesses put a few pounds on? Probably. Will I balloon out back to my heaviest weight? No. So at worst, it's a bit of a setback in getting to my goal. At best, the weight going back on might be the kick up the backside to work harder in the new year, especialy with the weight training I'm going to be starting, such that the fat disappears faster than it would have done if I'd just displayed a little moderation.
  • Tamefearnua
    Options
    I rate my fear as 0
    For Christmas I am returning to the old sod ¨Ireland¨ and will relish my food and drink.

HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS
    This is a little clip of me last Christmas and I swear I wasn't even DRUNK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxigORGJKOw&NR=1&feature=endscreen
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Zero, I would love to have a really nice Christmas meal with Christmas pudding and turkey and just really tasty stuff. If I could I would go visit my parents. My mum always gets loads of stuff for Christmas, cake like stollen, and Cheese and wine, and various nuts, and chocolates and biscuits, and not forgetting the turkey sandwiches on boxing day. What's not to like?
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    0. I do not celebrate Christmas, so I am not worried.

However, you need to address this irrational fear and anxiety of food and weight gain, since they are typically associated with ED's.