Need a strength/fat burning at home routine

Options

Replies

• MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jillian Michaels 30DS is very good. I have taken some of her moves and incorporated them into my own routine 3 times/week

Here is the url from YouTube for her workouts free! There is always a short commercial when you first start it up. Good Luck. You can find other exercise routines on YouTube as well!:smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
  • LMick1986
    Options
    After that, I'd look into a lot of the above suggestions. Also read up on Convict Conditioning. BenderFitness (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/BenderFitness) is a member on here who puts all her routines on youtube... could be a good place to start from at home workouts with minimal equipment.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for her site!! I'm yelling because I got so excited for something fresh and new!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you want strength gains skip videos that dont use more than 5-10 lb weights. Thats endurance training and not eve optimal for fatloss. Look for program's that use low rep high weight. Chalean extreme, body breast or p90x are good for in home workouts. Strong lift 5x5 is a great program outside of that too.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LuckyMe381
    LuckyMe381 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Another vote for nerd fitness.
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    As far as DVDs go, I like Kelly Coffey-Meyer. As I am just starting out, I find these challenging with 5 and 10 lb weights. I cycle between Split-Sessions, Circuit Burn and Muscle Definition. I am saving up to hire a presonal trainer and start lifitng heavier.
  • jamhy
    jamhy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i like fitnessblender on youtube
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Www.bodyrock.TV. great workouts and they are all free. Oh.....and they normally only take 12 minutes to do. I normally try to do two of there workouts. You can follow them on Facebook too. :-)

I second this. Very inspirational, with plenty of workouts, plenty of alternative moves and DIY tools for adding extra intensity. I also like www.zuzkalight.com which is one of bodyrock's founders' new website.
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    onehundredsquats.com
    onehundredpushups.com

quick, easy - and get things tightened up.
  • Roanokejoe2
    Options
    Go to Beachbody.com and look for a routine that suits you. I recommend P90X.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I won't be alone in suggesting Jillian Michaels 30day shred DVD, both for calorie burning and strength building. Great results and actually enjoyable!

This. I just started Level 3. Quite a workout! Will probably need to supplement with extra cardio though.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Shape: Bikini Body Camp Transforming Workout
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm in the same boat (okay, except the 3lbs from goal part...). I just ordered 30DS and I'm excited to start
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Go to Beachbody.com and look for a routine that suits you. I recommend P90X.

Almost everyone at work does the P90X, but they're mostly men.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    bump