Jogged for 20 minutes!!!

Options
I am the type of person who gets in to a routine and likes to keep it. I guess I am stubborn that way. My routine for YEARS has been walking at 4.0-4.3 mph on a 7% incline for 60 minutes. Today, I decided I was going to break this routine and change my workout up a bit on the treadmill.

I ended up jogging a total of 20 minutes! I am so excited since I am NOT a jogger.. I decided that for ever 6.5 minutes I walked at 4.2mph, I would jog 3.5 minutes at a 5mph pace. It didn't seem so overwhelming breaking it up like that. Hopefully within a few weeks, I can be jogging more than I walk, but for now, its a start!!!

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I am the type of person who gets in to a routine and likes to keep it. I guess I am stubborn that way. My routine for YEARS has been walking at 4.0-4.3 mph on a 7% incline for 60 minutes. Today, I decided I was going to break this routine and change my workout up a bit on the treadmill.

I ended up jogging a total of 20 minutes! I am so excited since I am NOT a jogger.. I decided that for ever 6.5 minutes I walked at 4.2mph, I would jog 3.5 minutes at a 5mph pace. It didn't seem so overwhelming breaking it up like that. Hopefully within a few weeks, I can be jogging more than I walk, but for now, its a start!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    YAY! *High Five* Nice job, keep it going! :flowerforyou:
  • mom020305
    Options
    That is great! I am not a jogger either so I know where you are coming from! Keep it up!
  • smileydays
    smileydays Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

When you start moving up (in time/mileage), a magazine I read said try not to increase your mileage by more than 10% per week. So if you run 20 minutes this week, don't go above 22 minutes next week.. and so on.

I hope you achieve all that life puts in front of you! I know you can do this! You can be a runner! Don't give up!