Shakeology

Options
So I had a friend give me two fo the Shakeology drinks to try. He gave me chocolate and chocolate vegan flavors. I'm not sure what's the best thing to mix them with. i don't think apple juice would work since it's chocolate, would milk or water taste good? what do you mix yours with?

Replies

• savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I use water/ice if you are trying to lose weight. Otherwise you can use almond milk or milk and ice. I also add Chocolate hazelnut or cinnamon.
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I use either skim milk or water... depends on how I feel that day. I blend it up with a frozen banana and 8 oz. of milk or water and occasionally add in a tablespoon of peanut butter or PB2. The chocolate is my favorite!
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I can't drink Shakeology due to some allergy I have to it. I tried it twice and ended up violently ill for the remainder of the day.

That being said, the boyfriend just mixed up some milk and chocolate shakeology (but added some water because it's really thick that way). A lot of people said they liked it milk + banana. Others have said milk + peanut butter.

Check out the website at shakeology.com. There are lots of suggestions for recipes.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I've never tried shakeology... but for other chocolate protein powders... I mix it with unsweetened almond milk, coffee, and a little stevia, tastes like Mocha latte!... and heat it of course...
  • liz827
    Options
    I've never tried shakeology... but for other chocolate protein powders... I mix it with unsweetened almond milk, coffee, and a little stevia, tastes like Mocha latte!... and heat it of course...

This sounds good! I think I have a little chocolate protein powder left... I might have to try this soon!

Oh and Shakeology shouldn't be heated!
  • savlov30
    Options
    I have been drinking Shakeology for 12 months now. I have lost 24lbs. I love it. It has helped my immune system. It has my energy level and I just overall feel better.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options

I should edit to add... Heat milk, then add to the powder... If you add the powder first then heat it gets wonky
  • Ginger_Poomkin
    Ginger_Poomkin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have found that the only way to have it is with a cup of skim milk and a banana, and put it in the magic bullet. Hand mixing it isn't enough, it clumps. And without any milk or fruit, it tastes plain awful. I had to keep myself from gagging.
  • liz827
    Options
    I have found that the only way to have it is with a cup of skim milk and a banana, and put it in the magic bullet. Hand mixing it isn't enough, it clumps. And without any milk or fruit, it tastes plain awful. I had to keep myself from gagging.

That's the way I feel with the strawberry! The chocolate I do by itself.
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love shakeology! I mix it with water if im in a hurry or if I want a shake I blend lite vanilla millk, choc shakeology, and 2T of peanut butter and ice it tastes like a reeses shake yummmmmmmm
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Shakeology for 12 months now. I have lost 24lbs. I love it. It has helped my immune system. It has my energy level and I just overall feel better.

what were your immunoglobulin levels before and after?
  • savlov30
    Options
    I don't know what my levels were before. I know that Shakeology has helped with my IBS also. I used to get sick daily.
  • PremierFiguier
    Options
    I just used milk. I LOVE shakeology(esp the texture), but it's too expensive for something I could technically make on my own. I have guar gums to thicken anything I make, so as long as I'm able to replicate the taste with my hemp protein powders, I'm happy.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

So saysa BB coach!!!
  • PremierFiguier
    Options
    I've only tried chocolate, btw. I think it tastes really good. The other flavours don't sound good to me.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Ha- hadn't looked at the profile when I sent my original post- I about the comment being from a BB coach- was just soooo obvious. Just checked the post and I was right- BB coaches are soooo transparent!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

at an average cost of $4.00 per day, that would be $1,460.00.

WOW...with a 24 pound loss that is $60.83 per pound

does that sound awesome?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I think you had better back up the bolded statement. I'm sorry, but I find that hard to believe.
  • michelle1973nc
    michelle1973nc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate only. I've tried the green and strawberry but couldn't tolerate the taste or texture. I found I can alter the texture of the chocolate so I can drink it by blending it alone with cold water then letting it sit for a few minutes. Then I add either just ice and blend some more or frozen fruits or other flavorings. My favorites are 1/2 frozen banana and 1 Tbsp of PB2 and PB2 with butterscotch instant pudding. I always use water not milk because I don't like my shakes thicker and creamier. The more ice you add the thicker it'll be. I usually have one for breakfast, so I change it up daily between strawberries, cherries, blueberries, banana, PB or PB2 and sometimes I add sugar free pudding (1 Tbsp). I don't sell shakeology and beach body stuff. I don't know that I'd attribute any weight loss to the shakeology, but I do feel full till lunch and now that I have a routine it's so easy. When I work early a few days in a row I will even blend up my breakfasts ahead of time and put in the fridge. I just add a few ice cubes when I go to drink them so they are cold. I only make for the next 2 mornings though. I don't know how far out they'd still be ok for drinking :)
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options

at an average cost of $4.00 per day, that would be $1,460.00.

WOW...with a 24 pound loss that is $60.83 per pound

does that sound awesome?

For reference, I spend roughly $55 a week, every Sunday afternoon at 4pm like clockwork, for 3 meals a day for 7 days of eating.

That's $34 per pound lost.