See a good movie over the weekend?

Options
1235»

Replies

• amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    If you haven't seen Inception you MUST go see it ASAP!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Avatar was awesome at the IMAX, but on DVD it's OK.

Movies I saw this weekend:

Margo at the Wedding - sucked
    Kick-*kitten* - awesome, but a little disturbing. I was expecting a comedy, but that's not what I got.
    11:14 - this was really good, watched it on the recommendation of a friend
    Food Inc - very interesting, worth a watch
    The Machinist - good in the end, but a little slow getting there
  • Izzybackyet
    Options
    Inception is fantastic, as is Toy Story 3...even for grown ups. I also liked A Single Man which I saw on DVD on sunday.:glasses:
  • jez838
    jez838 Posts: 216
    Options
    I agree with the others. I've been to see Inception twice. Its brilliant. Best movie this year by far.

I went to see the A-Team which was okay but nowhere as good as the programme.
    I also saw Knight and Day which was cheesy but entertaining.

Also got Harry Brown on DVD with Michael Caine. It was very good.
  • porter09
    porter09 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Went to see the A team on friday and I would definately recommend it I thought it was hillarious very enjoyable, and I finally caved and got twilight and new moon on dvd and I fell in love with them so went to see eclipse yesterday I am now an official twi hard!
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    Saw Inception at the weekend - amazing and will definity watch again.

Want to see The Last Airbender.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Planning on seeing "The Expendables" this weekend.
  • jrh5249
    jrh5249 Posts: 28
    Options
    So pumped for the expendables! Friday cant come quick enough !!!
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    the expendalbes, is that the one with all the action movie stars in one movie?
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Saw "Despicable Me" with the kiddos on my anniversary, since I couldn't spend it with my husband. It is very cute and deals with some more adult issues as the little girls are orphans and the guy has mother issues , but was really endearing and the little minions look like twinkies with big bug eyes and are very cute. Loved it and will buy it when it comes out.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Saw Dinner For Schmucks the other night. It was very cute. If you need a giggle, check it out.
  • fat_forever
    Options
    I saw "Resident Evil Afterlife"in 3-D yesterday. Nicely done and the 3-D was very good. Anything that has Milla Jovovich and Ali Larter in 3-D is always good to watch.<g>
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Saw Killers this weekend. Enjoyed it, but realized there really isn't much of a plot.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I really want to see Dinner with Schmucks, but we never get to go out....so most of my movie watching is from the Redbox. I did rent the one with Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler - the Bounty Hunter - so cute...
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We watched... FOOD INC. Highly recommend!

I absolutely agree. Including Super Size Me.

I recommend The Karate Kid.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Saw a BAD movie last weekend. The Killer inside me w/ Casey Affleck, jessica alba and I can't think of her name right now but Goldie Hawn's daughter. I thought 3 good actors, how bad could it be? It was BAD. Spare yourself.
  • egbkid
    egbkid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Going to see "Life as we Know it" tomorrow. Hockey tonight and tomorrow afternoon :-) which is cheaper and batter than a movie!
  • fsuxo2003
    Options
    If you have Netflix, I'd recommend 'The Young Victoria' Yes, it's a 'chick flick' however it's also based on the true story of Queen Victoria, so maybe some of you have history buffs as husbands who will withstand it. I loved it, mom loved it, and dad and his fiance loved it too.

If you haven't seen the series 'Sparticus' from STARZ yet, it's out on DVD now and is an AWESOME SERIES!!! It has everything, violence, love, politics, history.....it's wonderful. Although, if you're sensitive to gore and violence, don't watch it. If not, its MUST SEE TV! :)

I'm kind of a TV nerd (also a movie nerd) but Dexter is a great TV series you can get on Netflix/Blockbuster online too.

Watching good movies always helps me keep my mind off my dieting!! :)