Dumbbell and Toned Arms?

Options
2»

Replies

• shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    if you have 88 lbs to lose i wouldn't worry about getting too muscular. you have to really work at getting that way, and you'll know when you're happy with your level of toned-ness before you wake up as Arnold.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Look at my arms.

Do they look "too toned" or "too muscular" to you? (notice no hanging skin or flabbyness)

Because i lift like 25-30lb dumbbells on bicep curls.

You will only show "muscle" and "definition" if you have a VERY low percentage of body fat. The less body fat, the more defined you will look. The more body fat, the less defined. Go from there. :)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Chances are, no, they won't. In fact, you should eventually go much heavier. Lift as much as you can to get in 8-10 reps per set with good form. You should be struggling just a little with the last couple of reps (but still with good form). Each week bump up a couple of pounds. Rinse. Repeat. Thank me later. :bigsmile:
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    But they will not make my arms super muscular correct?

8 Lbs? Are you joking. Yeah, be careful with that weight, totally will make you super huge. :grumble:

I wish I looked naturally as bulky as the lovely lighting I hunted for my profile photo.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    You have to start somewhere. You will absolutely have to up the weight pretty frequently to get awesome arms.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Besides, if you are a woman, you will NOT bulk up with weightlifting unless you are taking supplements and eating a ridiculous amount of protein. Biology, baby.

Legal supplements DO NOT make you bulk up, neither does protein. Steriods do.

Exactly! I eat LOADS of protein (minimum of 150g per day) and I curl 15 and 20lb dumbbells; I squat well over my body weight. I'm not bulky at all.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I started out lifting 8 lbs Dumbbells on up to 20 lbs and no my arms do not look at all muscular. Still trying to get there. Your arms will not get too muscular on accident. :smile: