Losing Weight before Getting Pregnant - anyone else?

Options
I have 60 pounds to lose but plan to TTC #3 once I've lost the first 30. Would love support, particularly from those with as much to lose as I have:)

Replies

• 23Julie23
    23Julie23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are planning to start trying for our first next May (once we've bought a house). I'd like to lose 65 pounds BEFORE I get pregnant. My name is Julie by the way.
  • JennyV2013
    JennyV2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie, that's about our time frame too. April or May next year. I'll friend you!
  • susannegreen
    susannegreen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is our plan too LOL! We are trying to purchase a house at the moment and then have a baby! I have a lot of weight to lose before I get pregnant!
  • BaysiderNY
    BaysiderNY Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 lbs to lose to be in a normal bmi range. I am 5'4 and 156. Will be trying for my second baby. I did open a thread similar to this one few days ago. I can never seem to lose these last 10 lbs from my first born. I am just going to try for another one with this extra weight :( and try to stay healthy during pregnancy, and lose weight after delievery. I only gained 20 lbs with my son. I was 150 when I got pregnant .. went up to 172ish.. now i am at 156.
  • nikongirl29
    nikongirl29 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Meee! I'd like to lose at least 20 more pounds before I get pregnant, but more would be even better!!
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Me three! I have 15-20 pounds to go, and we're starting TTC in March/April (straight after our wedding)!
  • valladares22
    Options
    we are on da same road I am trying to get pregnant but need to loose 20 pounds
  • prbxdyme
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Stephanie and I am in the same boat as all of you. I am TTC for my first baby and haven't had any luck whatsoever fulfilling it :cry: so I am hoping if I lose some lbs my little miracle might happen. I want (and need) to lose a TOTAL of 80 lbs..I used to weight 230 and am now at 221...still have a loooooooooooooong way to go but plan to lose all this excessive weight hopefully before I get pregnant. Any support from you ladies would be awesome, friend me if you would like, I would love to make new friends! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • ambers80
    ambers80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Amber! We are currently TTC #1. Have had 2 m/c 1@14 wks & 1@9weeks. We have been TTC'n for 4 years now & see a RE. Just saw him on Monday for f/u after all our attempts failed this year. I have PCOS & from all the pills,shots, hormones he's had me on he wants me to try & lose at least 30lbs before we start treatments again. He also put me on bcp's while Im in the process of losing to help with the cysts. Good luck to all of you ladies!
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am here more for encouragement as I have had 2 sons in the past 3 years.

When I wanted to get pregnant with #1 I was around 255. After months of trying with no result, I decided to change my diet and begin to exercise. After the first few months I was still not pregnant, so I decided to see my doctor, who recommended I keep up with my cardio and not do as much weight training. Well once I was down to 225-230, I got pregnant!

My #2 was a complete surprise, I got pregnant at 270 (I didn't lose any weight from #1) Being heavier during this pregnancy meant I had to keep myself in line food wise as I was only allowed to gain 25-30 pounds per Doctors order.

Keeping a healthy diet and exercise will definitely help you get there! I wish all you ladies the best of luck as you TTC. Babies are a blessing and the greatest joy you will experience in life.
  • amylouize2012
    amylouize2012 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi you guys!

My story is slightly different, I am a newly wed (30th October) and I was diagnosed with PCOS just before my wedding. I was told that loosing weight would be the first step to try get me on track so that we can try to concieve, I really want to shift about 60lbs but I'm happy to aim for 30 to start with.

We would love a baby so I HAVE to loose the weight or it really might not happen for us.

Please add me xx
  • tabatham1982
    tabatham1982 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i I am also trying to lose about 60lbs before TTC #2 But I have PCOS and diabetes so it is a little harder for me to lose weight but I am working on it!

Please feel free to add me!!!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I know I want to be at my goal weight before trying for baby #2. I'm also dead set on doing my next pregnancy right! Not nearly as much junk food and burgers and fries that I fed to my last bump, no sir!
  • amylouize2012
    amylouize2012 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So good to hear it's possible though. Hard work doesn't bother me, impossibility is another matter and my doc was so negative. I never imagined i would have difficulty TTC at 28! :o(
  • mandisu
    mandisu Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Married 5 years. Have PCOS. I have lost 40 lbs doing low carb. Trying to get preggo in the spring as well. Add me!
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    that is our plan too. We already have a little boy that was a complicated pregnancy (but easy birth) he was healthy but my body was destroying itself to keep him together. I don't want those problems again!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs and got pregnant with #4 a few weeks after reaching my goal weight. I am due in April, and having a fit and active pregnancy. Feel free to add me!
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey gals - I had been doing weight watchers and on the very day that I hit my 10% mark, I found out I was pregnant with my first child. We had only tried for 1 month and just like that - it was like magic. I only gained 18 lbs during my pregnancy, so I was still below my original starting weight, even at 9 months pregnant. Within 2 weeks of giving birth via c-section, I had lost all of the weight, plus another 5 lbs. I breastfed my daughter for 18 months and managed to keep most of the weight off, BUT over the past 2-3 years, I'm back to my weight watchers starting weight of 228. We've been TTC #2 for a few months, casually, but I'm pretty sure that if I could get myself to lose 10-15 lbs, my body would kick into baby making gear.
    I've been stuck in the same 5lb range for over year and can't seem to break through the plateau.
    I've recently started going to the gym, but usually get close to my 10,000 steps/day and track everything I eat - almost always under my calorie goal.

I'd love to be part of this group, so feel free to friend me and we can try to get through this together!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I started MFP to lose 120lbs in order to get pregnant :) 37lbs more to go and I will be there! Good luck and feel free to add me doll!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight before trying for baby #1. I think my plan is lose the weight, maintain for 6 months, then get pregnant. And then while pregnant, follow the recommended guidelines (ie gain about 25 pounds by adding 200-300 calories in third trimester) and not eat for two. I have a feeling it will be hard. :ohwell:

ETA: I had a total of 48 pounds to lose, down 17 as of now.