Losing Weight before Getting Pregnant - anyone else?

Options

Replies

• Lrodda6
    Options
    Hello,
    new here.36 yrs old. trying to lose 20-25 pounds before getting pregnant with number 2. i lost 15 pounds with weight watchers earlier in the year but gained most of it back. I'm struggling lately to stay motivated. no!w with the holidays its harder. would love to have some weight loss friends for encouragement.
  • AmbieSweetz
    AmbieSweetz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi LAdies! Hubby and I were trying for TTC for 2 years, wouldnt you know I lost 50 lbs and now PG! Have to say though its almost making me depressed, I was 2 lbs short of being out of the "obese" BMI range and now all I want to do is eat! Gah! Struggling with this although Im happy, Its like a catch 22. I refuse to be 200 lbs again...no matter what! GL!!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    My partner and I have been TTC for almost 7 years. I am hoping that losing weight and getting healthy will help with my issues, but there are problems with him. Still holding out hope for it to happen one day, but putting my energy and focus for now into losing weight and getting ME healthy.
  • Kmags66
    Options
    Hello, I have my last 20 lbs to lose and then I am hoping to try around May/June timeframe. Would love to have support. Feel free to add me. Best of luck to you all!
  • so_losin_it
    so_losin_it Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm really petite and have 40-50 lbs to lose before I'd be comfortable being pregnant. Diabetes runs in my family, and I just have to do everything I can to have a healthy pregnancy. Aiming for maybe 1 year to 1 1/2. :)
  • ksimp88
    Options
    I am also trying to get healthy before TTC! :) Feel free to add me!
  • egyptianwaterlily
    Options
    I'm trying to get down to a healthy weight before next fall when my husband and I are hoping to start trying for #2. I've lost 25 pounds so far and have 120 to go to get to my goal! I'm gonna aim for 10/month and see if I can do it! Add me if you want to!
  • bkersj84
    Options
    Just joined today and I am in the same boat! I have about 70 pounds to go and want to start trying around August or October of next year. I am currently at the weight of giving birth with my first.
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Back when I was TTC I lost 50lbs. We tried for 5 years and then with the weight gone it just happened. I didn't get any streach marks from being prego because my skin was still able to strech from the weight I had just lost....Wish all of you the best of luck!
  • danilynn2
    danilynn2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds before my daughter (was still overweight but closer to my goal than EVER before). Then after her I lost the baby weight and 20 more pounds. I looked and felt my best. I have a son now that turns ONE on Monday and I got to pre-pregnancy weight, but can't seem to move the scale now.

I guess what I am saying is that you are ALL point on trying to lose prior to gaining for baby! It gets harder with each child (and age)...so good luck to all of you! It is best for you and future baby! Good luck TTC!
  • danilynn2
    danilynn2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Back when I was TTC I lost 50lbs. We tried for 5 years and then with the weight gone it just happened. I didn't get any streach marks from being prego because my skin was still able to strech from the weight I had just lost....Wish all of you the best of luck!

We also tried for 2 years (on fertility meds too) and then once I lost weight (and we "gave up trying") it happened with no medication help! Good luck to each of you! It is worth each drop of sweat!
  • Kristen508
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight for pregnancy. Doc said 200 lbs was a safe weight but I want to be under that if possible, but I also have other issues effecting my ability to lose weight and need support with. I have PCOS, Polycycstic Ovarian Syndrome, which causes you to gain weight and makes it that much harder to lose weight, which also gave me insulin resistance and pre-diabedic so I already have to watch my carbs closely. My other issues include my Bi-Polar / depression / anxiety, which all the medicines I take side effects of weight gain. At 16 I weighed and looked my best at 130 lbs. Ever since I got diagnosed with mental issues and put on meds to correct It's been a non-stop road of gaining weight. I'm now 32 and weight almost 300 lbs. I not only want to lose the weight but I Need to lose the weight. I have along battle ahead of me and I'm ready to fight for it!!
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I added you but anyone else trying can add me too! My name is Ashley and I got married in June. And me and my husband are hoping to get pregnant with our first soon. When we got married I weighed 181 and now am down to 149. Its really important to me to try to have a healthy pregnancy
  • chanvi
    chanvi Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi,

I have 1 boy and we planning to have another baby after June. I have 15 - 20 Kgs to lose before June. Anyone in this thread can add me as your friend. I am looking for more motivation and support in this journey.

Thanks,
    Chanvi
  • snovacat
    snovacat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - I too plan on TTC but first have a plan to lose about 70 lbs before. DH and I don't plan on starting for about 1.5 year so I think that is really doable. I would love to start now (especially beccuase of my age 34 now, will just have turned 36 when we start), but becuase of my Master's degree and the amount of time needed to study for that, it just isin't going to work out until then.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose weight before trying for my first baby. I would like to lose15-20 lbs, then ttc over the summer. If and when it happens, I would like to have a healthy pregnanacy, by continuing to be active and gain no more than the recommended weight.
  • KariAnn_09
    Options
    Hi there! I just had my first baby in September and gained 40 lbs. I was already overweight so now am trying to lose 90 before getting pregnant with #2. I am wanting to wait a few years before ttc again, so a relatively slow and steady (and permanent) loss is how I am approaching this. I'm on here a lot now and love to help motivate! Feel free to add me!
  • marisposa
    marisposa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Me too ive got 64lbs to go feel free to add me ive lost 26lb so far :)
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi! We are going to TTC in a few months, and my mini goal is 20 pounds at least. My big goal is 35 (after I reach that I will set another goal). If you need someone to help motivate you every day I will sure help!
  • stefaniad17
    Options
    Same! My goal is to lose 30 by June and my long term goal is to lose 40-50! I'm 27 and this would be our first baby! I'm excited and want to be in the best shape I can before ttc!