Mermaid or whale ?

Options
13»

Replies

• 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why this model's face looks so thin compare to the rest of her body....

HAHA probably Photoshop
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The honest truth is that when I was younger and had a faster metabolism, I lived on junk food. I eat better and exercise more now than I did then because the bad habits caught up to me.

So, ultimately, I was much more fun and free when I was thin!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why this model's face looks so thin compare to the rest of her body....

photoshop?
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    It's the notion that thin people don't eat ice cream with their kids, go out to dinner with their husbands, etc etc that irritates me. Like I'm just sitting in a dark room with my head on the table and my stomach growling, dying to be "thin". FRIGGIN' PLEASE.

Oh but didn't you know thin/fit people are miserable, hungry, angry creatures living in a constant state of deprivation...oh and men don't find them attractive either!!!
    The lies people tell themselves because if they told people how liberating it is to be healthy and unburdened by self-consciousness and insecurity they might have to actually own up to the fact that obesity isn't this 'jolly' thing they pretend it is!

lol. Duck, I'm about to flip a table.

Flip it!!! Then let's go raid an ice-cream stand and a taco cart!!!!!

Um.. I'm starving. I would totally do that right now. I'm waiting for my bagel to defrost, grrrrrr.
    Wait, I mean... I don't eat. I'm miserable. :(
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Mermaids are sad anyway
    http://goo.gl/6X3gL
  • trophywife24
    Options
    The honest truth is that when I was younger and had a faster metabolism, I lived on junk food. I eat better and exercise more now than I did then because the bad habits caught up to me.

Ahhh I could never do that. I've always put on weight, I'm not entirely convinced that I actually *have* a metabolism. I was never one of those kids that could just eat and eat... unfortunately I did.. and then turned into an adult that did the same.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    What I liked about that post is not so much the way it criticizes clichés (the post in itself seems a bit of a cliché sometimes hehe), rather the question it arises : what Does “Being Healthy” truly means ?

I think both the original post on the door and the response are very much clichés.
    The best thing in your life that would ever happen to you is the day you become aware of the importance of having a healthy body; however, in many cases, there seems to be an ambiguity between looking healthy and actually being healthy.
    Thoughts ?

I am very grateful for my healthy body. I look healthy (with the exception of those perceptions that I'm 'too skinny' but I think that comes from a skewed world view anyhow), and I am healthy. The lack of physical health problems I have lets me concentrate on being healthy in other areas of life (social, family, professional). So I guess I don't see the ambiguity between looking and being healthy. They go hand in hand.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It's the notion that thin people don't eat ice cream with their kids, go out to dinner with their husbands, etc etc that irritates me. Like I'm just sitting in a dark room with my head on the table and my stomach growling, dying to be "thin". FRIGGIN' PLEASE.

Oh but didn't you know thin/fit people are miserable, hungry, angry creatures living in a constant state of deprivation...oh and men don't find them attractive either!!!
    The lies people tell themselves because if they told people how liberating it is to be healthy and unburdened by self-consciousness and insecurity they might have to actually own up to the fact that obesity isn't this 'jolly' thing they pretend it is!

Um.. I'm starving. I would totally do that right now. I'm waiting for my bagel to defrost, grrrrrr.

Carbs? Don't you mean Raspberry Ketones/ 'Insert-name-of-VLCD-shake here' while you read your copy of 'The Rules' and cry into your Green Tea!
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Top half, very sexy. Bottom half, not so much
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Ahhh I could never do that. I've always put on weight, I'm not entirely convinced that I actually *have* a metabolism. I was never one of those kids that could just eat and eat... unfortunately I did.. and then turned into an adult that did the same.

I miss those days. I mourn them.

I actually don't miss the food I used to eat (I'm a fabulous cook, so there is no difference in my life between healthy and tasty!), but I miss not having to think about how much I ate.
  • trophywife24
    Options

Carbs? Don't you mean Raspberry Ketones/ 'Insert-name-of-VLCD-shake here' while you read your copy of 'The Rules' and cry into your Green Tea!

dawsons-ugly-cry.jpg
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

^^^ This ♥
  • louised88
    Options
    I will applaud a woman who bucks unhealthy dichotomous thinking any day. And the mermaid or whale wasn't about health either. It was about body hate and fck that ****.

This. Women are constantly being held to completely unrealistic physical ideals and I'm fcking sick of it, to be honest. Super skinny or super fat, all women are 'real women' and are not worth any more or any less than other women. Respect shouldn't be contingent on whether or not someone thinks you're aesthetically attractive.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    to me the most beautiful bodies are the healthy ones. and the mindset is included in this too; if you are in good health, treating your body right and do it for the right reasons: to respect and cherish your body for all that it does for you, then heck you cant not be beautiful!
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    oh and fyi id rather be a mermaid. just because she cant have kids or sex doesnt mean shes lonely! what if the whale has fake friends? or feels self concious and cant find the right whale partner? being half woman half fish would be awesome!

as for the smell, im pretty sure no one "smells" underwater. and whale is just as much from the sea as a mermaid so they probably would smell exactly the same.

okay now im just annoyed at that ladies answer ahaha.
  • amishabbie17
    Options
    Love yourself for who you and not what you are.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Why be a Mermaid when you can be a Merman?

merman-o.gif

merm-o.gif
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
    We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated.

Lol. No, women get fat the same way everyone else does. Perpetuating this idea is just a stupid as the whale vs mermaid campaign.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Why be a Mermaid when you can be a Merman?

merman-o.gif

merm-o.gif

Lol!!!!!
    Best reply on this thread.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

- no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering

I however would like to thank the topic participants for the mature handling and high level commentary shared in what can often be a controversial subject.

With respect,
    Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.