Ladies who went from squishy stomachs to six packs...

Options
124»

Replies

• justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Everything that has been said and sounds like you have a clear path now.

I was totally, 1000% skinny fat. Abs are created from your diet, proper rest, and compound/heavy lifting. To see abs, a person must be lean enough. You asked for pics so thought I'd share so you can see progress with lifting and proper nutrition.

Pics:

8/11/11 - around 130ish - so I put on some weight because I started eating more. If you read my profile I was kind of bad at that before... anyway I was doing mostly cardio and some weight machine work.

10/12/11 - still around 130 but you can see I leaned out a little more. I started lifting with dumbbells and didn't do nearly as much cardio. Read up more on nutrition and macros as well.

12/30/11 & 5/19/12 - I think I was doing a 4-day split routine by this point, with one day of cardio. Typically the cardio is sprint intervals.

9/21/12 - a little bit before starting Stronglifts 5x5 routine. I did that for a couple of months and now I still do the compound movements but do a push/pull routine instead. I typically do Spin class 1x/week and maybe sprint intervals if I'm antsy.

progress1-2.jpg
    progress2.jpg

Thank you! This is very helpful! You look great!
  • jla891
    jla891 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting your question..im in the same boat as you...
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting your question..im in the same boat as you...

If you want to, send me a friend request and we can keep each other motivated!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • crunch173
    crunch173 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    May seem strange, but the most effective thing for my abs has been more squats.

Do you do the squats with any weights?

Yes and no. I do many variations of squats. I usually use weights in the form of dumbells, barbells, and kettlbells unless I am doing jumping squats.

Thanks! I looked into this more & I tried it ...what a difference! I felt a burn in my abs area and back of legs.

Please master proper form before adding heavy weights (or jumping).
  • Blinx99
    Blinx99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good thread
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Bump