cant stand the taste of water

Options
It does not matter where the water source is from I can't stand the taste. I have used many filters (including the brita), Water straight from an underground spring, (crystal springs in Plymouth NH is just one of these places.) I gag while drinking it.

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Some people swear by water enhances like Crystal Light to help with water intake. What about drinking herbal tea? Then dilute it a bit more until you are basically drinking water.

Honestly, I'd just get over it. I didn't like water at first, now I crave ice cold glasses of it. Water is good for you. Make healthiness a priority over tastiness.
  • Whimzeee
    Whimzeee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has a "recipe" for water - I believe it's listed on his site. It contains lemon, cucumbers, mint and a few other ingredients. You mix it all together in a pitcher and let it sit in the refrig overnight. You might want to try it to see if you like it.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    You're not alone. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. I drink water maybe once a week. I just drink powerade zero, coffee, diet soda, tea, and zero calorie energy drinks. It hasn't hindered my weight loss at all.
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I add a little lemon juice to my water - makes it bearable! I find in the winter, I need to drink it room temperature... but it is all I drink (except on weekends when the beer comes out :) haha) :drinker:
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I don't hate water, but get bored with it so I sometimes use Mio and other things like crystal light to add a little flavoring. You can add as much or as little as you want. Lemon juice and cucumber slices as others have mentioned can be tasty too.
  • almostgoodbye99
    almostgoodbye99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use the water enhancers like Mio. Except I'm a cheap guy so I use the Wal Mart Great Value brand. It makes my mouth think that I'm drinking kool-aide. Maybe you could try that?
  • almostgoodbye99
    almostgoodbye99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't hate water, but get bored with it so I sometimes use Mio and other things like crystal light to add a little flavoring. You can add as much or as little as you want. Lemon juice and cucumber slices as others have mentioned can be tasty too.

Yay for the Mio!! :)
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    ? After running through the RO filter, my water doesn't taste like anything.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I use Mio
  • harmonyh10
    harmonyh10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do lemon juice sometimes but my favorite is to throw some chunked fruit into it and let is soak.

So I will fill a pitcher with water and throw in some chunked up strawberries then drink the pitcher.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I just add vodka. It helps a lot.

Best of luck in your journey!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Flavored seltzer might help.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Water isn't my preference, so I drink green tea as often as not. The point is hydration without adding calories.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I agree.. water is UGH... I'm horrible, I even put non carbonated energy drinks in my water bottle LOL.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's all in your head.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has a "recipe" for water - I believe it's listed on his site. It contains lemon, cucumbers, mint and a few other ingredients. You mix it all together in a pitcher and let it sit in the refrig overnight. You might want to try it to see if you like it.

Dr. Oz has a recipe for being a schlub for whoever pays him the most. He has it perfected.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    The taste of coke, beer, OJ, fries, mozzarella sticks, and double whoppers is sooooooo much better.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Try adding fruit slices to it, or maybe drink tea or coffee without sugar or other low/no calorie drinks.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I just add vodka. It helps a lot.

Best of luck in your journey!

^this . . . and remember the wheel in the sky keeps turning
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's all in your head.

I disagree....sounds like there are a lot of us that can't stand the taste of water.

Crystal light is my choice to make water drinkable :-)